Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 06-28-2008, 01:58 PM
His Eminance, High Potatohead Potatotate

Re: Apostolic Assembly News-surprising footage

They seem to take this stuff pretty seriously...interesting...
Old 06-28-2008, 02:00 PM
Matthew 7:6

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
They seem to take this stuff pretty seriously...interesting...
Of course they do. Why shouldn't they?

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:01 PM

Press Release from the org's website: http://www.apostolicassembly.org/

For Press Release
June 27, 2008 – Concerning the Apostolic Assembly of the Faith in Christ Jesus (“AAFCJ”)

The following was provided by the AAFCJ world headquarters office, as a response to the many inquiries that have been received regarding some developing concerns.

This is written with a saddened and burdened heart. On Tuesday night, the Apostolic Assembly of the Faith in Christ Jesus (“AAFCJ”) world headquarters building was vandalized. It is unknown who did this but it is being investigated by the police.
Recently, many false rumors have been circulated through many sources, including internet blog spots that the AAFCJ is “excommunicating” up to 20 pastors as a result of the election lawsuit. Nothing could be further from the truth. It is true, however, that the AAFCJ has removed the four pastors who did sue the AAFCJ seeking court intervention to overturn the 2006 AAFCJ General Elections.
Regarding the election lawsuit, the Judge issued a final ruling on April 3, 2008, specifically stating:
• Plaintiffs’ (4 pastors) Motion to Set Aside the Election Dated November 24, 2006 and Ordering a New Election is DENIED with prejudice;
• The Court finds there is no evidence of any Church Constitutional irregularity in the selection of the Qualifying Committee;
• The Court finds that there is no Constitution prohibition against members of the Qualifying Committee using the CID or any other document or guideline, in considering the capabilities, qualities and rights of a nominee.
It is extremely unfortunate that there is misinformation being spread about the court decision. It is true that the plaintiffs may appeal this ruling if they wish. AAFCJ has not been informed of an appeal at this time.
Now is the time for healing to begin. The AAFCJ is a church, first and foremost, and wishes to focus on its mission: Exalt Christ, Equip the Church and Evangelize the World. This is being accomplished through various avenues: The ‘Jesus Strategy’ HOME Groups lifestyle, the Church Roadmap- for a more effective mission execution, and the continual preaching of the gospel across the United States of America and around the world.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Press-Release_6-27-08.jpg (99.8 KB, 14 views)
Old 06-28-2008, 02:04 PM
Blessed and Highly Favored

I was born and raised in the AA. Was in the AA up until I was 31 yrs old. I left 6 years ago. You could see the division of the church. Every year when the General Conventions were held in Anaheim, I only went to get a good deal at the Marriot or Hilton. I spent my time going to Disneyland instead. They charged to go into the services. Which I might add were soooo boring!!! I believe in giving offerings, but for almost the entire service it was offering time. "They" put you onthe spot for not giving. The preachings if that what is was, were boring. Going to conventions was a money maker for the AA. It is sad that Bro. Baldimar Rodriguez was basically "kicked" out of the AA. He at one time was the president of the AA for many years. Now he was given the boot for speaking truth.

I was always taught that no matter if we thought the pastor or the leaders were doing wrong, pray for them, do not speak against them. In this instance, it is so hard not to call out on how corrupt the general board is in AA. The majority of those on the board should not even consider themselves a men of God. Some of them can not stand to be around each other, yet they sit together on the platform and try to preach about the love of God. They sit there like a "wooden indian." If they truly were men of God, they would not allow for so much corruption to go on. Seriously do they actually think that they are going to get away with their crimes? I think the power and driving around in luxury cars have gotten to them.

It's shocking to hear and see these things happening in the church. The reality is that we are truly living in the last days. There is no time to "play" church. We have to be ready for whatever comes our way. I've come to the conclussion that no matter what is going on out there, I just have to work out my own salvation.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:11 PM
Matthew 7:6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm05 View Post
I was born and raised in the AA. Was in the AA up until I was 31 yrs old. I left 6 years ago. You could see the division of the church. Every year when the General Conventions were held in Anaheim, I only went to get a good deal at the Marriot or Hilton. I spent my time going to Disneyland instead. They charged to go into the services. Which I might add were soooo boring!!! I believe in giving offerings, but for almost the entire service it was offering time. "They" put you onthe spot for not giving. The preachings if that what is was, were boring. Going to conventions was a money maker for the AA. It is sad that Bro. Baldimar Rodriguez was basically "kicked" out of the AA. He at one time was the president of the AA for many years. Now he was given the boot for speaking truth.

I was always taught that no matter if we thought the pastor or the leaders were doing wrong, pray for them, do not speak against them. In this instance, it is so hard not to call out on how corrupt the general board is in AA. The majority of those on the board should not even consider themselves a men of God. Some of them can not stand to be around each other, yet they sit together on the platform and try to preach about the love of God. They sit there like a "wooden indian." If they truly were men of God, they would not allow for so much corruption to go on. Seriously do they actually think that they are going to get away with their crimes? I think the power and driving around in luxury cars have gotten to them.

It's shocking to hear and see these things happening in the church. The reality is that we are truly living in the last days. There is no time to "play" church. We have to be ready for whatever comes our way. I've come to the conclusion that no matter what is going on out there, I just have to work out my own salvation.
Interesting comments.
What are your thoughts about the press release shown above in post #13?

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:12 PM

Too much emphasis in denominationalism and placing one's identity in a man-made org has led to just utter chaos in the last few years in the Oneness movement overall...

If I was dissatisfied w/ org politics ... I'd pack up and go.

Ain't that serious, IMO ... yet I know to some their networks and circles of influence are everything ...

God is stirring things I believe.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:15 PM
Pot Stirrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm05 View Post

It's shocking to hear and see these things happening in the church. The reality is that we are truly living in the last days. There is no time to "play" church. We have to be ready for whatever comes our way. I've come to the conclussion that no matter what is going on out there, I just have to work out my own salvation.

You are so right.

As you know, we have fellowshipped with AA for many years.
Many of their younger pastors have told me recently that they
are losing their youth by the grooves - Maybe they see thru all
of this ??? although what i'm told is there is a major generational
/cultural war going on within its ranks
Old 06-28-2008, 02:17 PM

I wonder what CrazyHomie could add to this discussion ... his grandfather was the AA President in the 1960's??
Old 06-28-2008, 02:23 PM
Crazy father of 4

Location: Now? Phoenix, AZ. Before? Newark, OH, Wyandotte, MI, Tampa, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
I wonder what CrazyHomie could add to this discussion ... his grandfather was the AA President in the 1960's??
You know what is odd. I go to an AA church and have heard nothing about all this. Of course our pastor stays out of the politics of the organization, probably best that way. I now have some questions for him and his son. I know that most of the AA churc buildings are owned by the organization and they place pastors, which I am not familar with, but that is how the work things.

I have heard some other rumors though, but since they are rumors I will keep them to myself at this time. =)

I'll get back to you when I figure it out.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weary Pilgrim View Post
The election scandal fallout is still major. All those who questioned the General Board about the election irregularities are being removed as Bishops and Pastors from the AA. The AA also seizes the church and the property. Below is a link to footage of the removal of church members from a meeting at Bishop Baldemar Rodriguez’s church in Ca.

http://apostolicnews.blogspot.com/
That first video sounds scary

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.