Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2021, 12:13 PM
Registered Member

Re: Trinitarians Who Baptize in Jesus Name

I received the Spirit speaking in tongues in a Trinitarian church. I saw many preachers speaking under the anointing many times in Trinitarian churches. I saw instant healings and deliverances in Jesus' name in there as well. I was a minister in it.

My conclusion: Even if the preachers have some areas of doctrine where they are not right, or even they themselves are not 100% right with God, God can still move because the congregation comes to gather with hunger for Him, and with faith in Jesus' name.

An extreme example is Balaam in the Bible. He knew the things of God, but he also didn't have the right heart. He went for the money. However, for the sake of God's people, Balaam was mightily anointed and filled with the Spirit to speak blessing prophetically over the people of God.

I'm sure you can find more examples in the Bible (e.g. Jesus saying to listen to the Pharisees teachings but do not do as they do comes to mind).

However, when the doctrinal foundation is weak, things deteriorate over time. I have seen that as well with my own eyes.

Last edited by coksiw; 04-03-2021 at 01:46 PM.