Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 07-31-2008, 01:56 PM
Sister Alvear

Re: Reckhart Blast the UPC again

Where does R. say these things?

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 07-31-2008, 02:18 PM
His Eminance, High Potatohead Potatotate

Somebody email him some letters on being a Christian...
Old 07-31-2008, 03:12 PM
Registered Member

Rechart...Cohen Rechart How do you solve a problem like Maria, I mean Cohen?

This man is certifiably nuts, but deceivingly nice in person.

First of all switched his name from being Gary to Cohen which means a priest (from the family of Aaron) I wondered then and wonder now if he is intimating that HE is the heir to the Aaronic Priesthood (Or for a better term...The IRONIC Priesthood).

First time I met Mr Man was at Thanksgiving in Tennessee.

I had been preaching for a Pastor there and he had invited me to stick around that week for Thanksgiving dinner with his family. They went to a debate in Alabama the day before where they crossed paths with Mr. Grand Poobah himself and not knowing anything about him asked him if he was from that area. When he said no he was just up from Alabama for the debate said Pastor invited him and family to come to Tennessee (About 60 miles from the Alabama site where the debate had been held) and join us for Thanksgiving the next day.

Well the whole afternoon is etched in my memory just like it was yesterday on a weirdness rating of 1 to 10 I have to give it a 20! (or in California police code a 51/50)

He was so humble and soft spoken. In the course of conversation before dinner he tells me he puts out his own Magazine "The Shout"...would I like to see a copy...he has some in his car. So to be polite I said "Sure" (Bad move)

He goes out to the car and brings in a stack of what can only have weighed at least a good ten pounds, all laid out pretty good graphically speaking, and so I look at the cover of the one and lo and behold there is a doctored photo of "POPE URSHAN" with his face wearing a papal tiara. (I didnt know they wore those at headquarters...did you?)

Anyway the magazine headlines got loonier and loonier (I love to use that word and it is so fitting here believe me!)

Finally I come across one that says ..."If you have been baptized in Jesus Name in either an ALJC IMA ACI UPC PAW or PCAF church you MUST be baptized again as those groups have joined Babylon the Great the Mother of Harlots!"

Wow ... So I says to Rechart...Rechart I says... "If you cant be baptized in Jesus Name in THESE churches WHERE COULD YOU be baptized??? (Wait for it wait for it) He says...well you could always come to MY church!

Then I said you mean to tell me that having come to God from Catholicism, having believed and understood the message of remission of sins in the name of Jesus Christ, and having had unwavering FAITH in the power and efficacy of that name and the one who bore it to remit my sins that my baptism is not valid? To which he replied well for YOU I can tell its valid but the majority of others...NOPE! They need to be baptized by a REAL preacher

Just then we get the DINNER" call...get up go out to the dining room, whereupon I am seated next to SISTER Rechart... (Coheness I imagine...) And while things are being brought to the table, she is sitting next to me and turns to me and utters the very first words she has spoken in my hearing that whole afternoon... "You know MY husband has the ONLY TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH in the state of Florida!!!" To which thinking she was joking I replied "Oh yeah...RIGHT!" Deeply offended she spits out to me "IT'S TRUE!"

His HIgh and HOly Cohenhood jumps in to save the day "Well not the ONLY one but they are so few and far between down there."

I am wondering if it is something they have in the drinking water in the St. Petersburgh/Tampa area because I had a similarly (well not really this was MUCH more acidic vitriolic and just down KOOKY sustained run in with another guy from the area) a Mike Palevo who gives new meaning to the Kill em all let God sort em out mentality of some of our own dear brethren!

Rechart is a man all would do WELL to steer clear of. In the years following the initial meeting with him I watched his magaizine and noticed how he would keep a list of "Churches in Fellowship" with him in the magazine and how the circle that NEVER was very big to start with four or five at best, kept getting whittled down as he would go off on some tirade with the guy whose church just the month before had been the greatest thing since sliced bread.

So now that I am closing I want to throw in a curve ball on this thread Do any of you know whatever happened to his Nemesis MIKE PALEVO?
Old 07-31-2008, 03:14 PM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
Probably on his website.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:35 PM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
http://jesus-messiah.com/html/wall-shame.html
Old 07-31-2008, 03:37 PM
Sister Alvear

Once he had an article about me on his website...I kindly aked him to take it off as it was not true and he was very nice about it and took it off...sad people get off in such strange things and especially thinking they are the only ones...

Old 07-31-2008, 03:45 PM
Sister Alvear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkeley View Post

Thanks...very sad even thought I do not agree with that doctrine I would never do anything like that...

Old 07-31-2008, 04:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Thanks...very sad even thought I do not agree with that doctrine I would never do anything like that...

I went to see "The wall of shame
that every one is talking about,,,,,My goodness! Am I the only one who caught it though???

"They are to be disfellowshipped and not allowed in any Apostolic Jesus Name Pentecostal Church unless they repent and come out of this false doctrine."

And he was calling Nathaniel Urshan "Pope Urshan" this guy (COHEN Rechart) is OBVIOUSLY sufferring from delusions of grandeur, all that is missing here is the bell book and candle and a papal bull and some Inquisitors from the Dominican order to start circulating among us and start checking our Orthodoxy!
Old 07-31-2008, 04:19 PM
Sister Alvear

sad, very sad that brothers kill brothers...

I cannot believe that our opinions on endtime determine our destiny...so sad...

Old 07-31-2008, 04:25 PM
Saved & Shaved

He does a lot of "good" in Africa and the Phillipines. I have corresponded with him in the past. I was a member of his forum, and I was a member of the prophecywatchers forum.
Reckart did send me a very specific email about things that were going on in my life at the time. I wish I would have saved it.
I don't endorse his approach. Sadly, we are remembered for the bad that we do, not the good.