Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Sunday School > Soul Winners Haven
Facebook

Notices

Soul Winners Haven Discuss soul winning topics here.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:53 AM
Registered Member

Re: The Evangelical Error of Billy Graham

It is through the faith of Jesus Christ that we are saved. We have faith that His life, death and resurrection destroys death and reconciled us to God. At the same time, Jesus plainly said that you must be born of water and Spirit in order to even see the kingdom of Heaven. the only way we can be born again is to follow Acts 2:38. Again, this isn't an opinion, this is the Word of God. Scripture clearly tells us that 'Let the Word of God be true, and every man a liar'. If its in the Bible, it should be followed

Yes, precisely the truth, that is, by FAITH.

Yes, precisely the truth, that is, by water AND the SPRIT.

Yes, precisely the truth, that is, one MUST be BORN AGAIN.

The New Birth PRECEEDS Acts 2:38. Immersion in water in the NAME of the Lord [in Apostolic days, the NAME J E S U S was unknown, that was much later as a result of translations, transliteration], thus the act of immersion without the New Birth is meaningless. The act of obedience to the Commandment brings inclusion into the fellowship of saints but never does it in itself procure the New Birth.

If it is by FAITH [and it is] then there is no act, devotion, ordinance, principle, work, humbling of oneself that can award the New Birth to a lost and dying sinner.

One begins at the beginning then entire valley of promises and training awaits him/her.

The Apostolic converts were NEVER baptised in the NAME of J E S U S. One could be immersed today in the NAME YESHUA and be obedient to the Command to be baptised in the NAME of the LORD.

But I undestand the principle. The greater point being immersion does not bring new life. A "work" can never ingratiate one to God in terms of eternal salvation otherwise it is NOT by FAITH ALONE but by FAITH AND WORKS. In fact, one will never follow, believe, obey [in truth] the LORD apart from the sovereign GRACE of God in election to LIFE. A mystic, a religionist or others who adopt apparent spiritual principles in life [philosophy] can never enter the Kingdom of God. True Apostolic Doctrine everywhere trumpets the teaching of GRACE, GRACE, GRACE. That being so, man is revealed in his true condition, lost and powerless to save himself, to believe, to please God, to enter the Kingdom.

Peter, no doubt somewhat frustrated declared, "who then can be saved?"

You know the answer, "With men this is IMPOSSIBLE but with GOD all things are possible."

The more "man" one is, the less GOD becomes in man's own imagination.

Who then can be saved? With you and me it is IMPOSSIBLE.

"But I was immersed in the NAME of J E S U S."

Apart from the New Birth all you accomplised was the need for a dry towel.

New Birth ---->>> Immersion --->>> Life of continuing sanctification and spiritual growth.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:54 AM
Registered Member

I call to mind what my pastor always says, and that is: "Never take a man's word over God's word. Always check it against God's word."

Doesn't matter who the man is, every great man has positives in his life. And the majority have negatives as well.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:16 PM
Apostolic Pentecostal

Much of this discussion simply serves to highlight the tremendous deception that has crept into the church. It is unfortunate to read posts such as this in an "Apostolic" forum. Have we strayed so far from the Gospel? "The modern Church’s teaching of salvation by the “Roman Road” and “Sinner’s Prayer,” is like the Fire Department coming to your house and unplugging your smoke detector when your house is on fire! Find True Biblical Salvation the way the original Church did on the Day of Pentecost: Obey Acts 2:38! Simple profession of faith means nothing. Even the devils believe. He only gives His Holy Spirit to those who obey Him (Acts 5:32; Heb. 5:9)." At least one apostolic tried to point this out! You should go back and re-read his posts. The gospel of Billy Graham and the modern evangelical movement is NOT the Gospel of Christ. WAKE UP CHURCH!
Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22-23 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Mat 7:13-15 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
It is unfortunate to read posts such as this in an "Apostolic" forum.
........I've seen a lot worse on this forum....
Old 03-25-2013, 10:17 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dordrecht View Post
........I've seen a lot worse on this forum....

May the sun bring you new energy by day, the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life~
(¯`•´¯) ★.¸¸.•*♥
*• ¸.•*☆ *♥ ☯♪♥ N ҉ A ҉ M ҉ A ҉ S ҉ T ҉ E ♥♪☯
✿°`'•.¸¸*°✿✿°`'•.¸¸*°✿✿°`'•.¸¸*°✿
Old 03-28-2013, 08:06 PM
Apostolic Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelofisrael View Post
It is through the faith of Jesus Christ that we are saved. We have faith that His life, death and resurrection destroys death and reconciled us to God. At the same time, Jesus plainly said that you must be born of water and Spirit in order to even see the kingdom of Heaven. the only way we can be born again is to follow Acts 2:38. Again, this isn't an opinion, this is the Word of God. Scripture clearly tells us that 'Let the Word of God be true, and every man a liar'. If its in the Bible, it should be followed

Yes, precisely the truth, that is, by FAITH.

Yes, precisely the truth, that is, by water AND the SPRIT.

Yes, precisely the truth, that is, one MUST be BORN AGAIN.

The New Birth PRECEEDS Acts 2:38. Immersion in water in the NAME of the Lord [in Apostolic days, the NAME J E S U S was unknown, that was much later as a result of translations, transliteration], thus the act of immersion without the New Birth is meaningless. The act of obedience to the Commandment brings inclusion into the fellowship of saints but never does it in itself procure the New Birth.

If it is by FAITH [and it is] then there is no act, devotion, ordinance, principle, work, humbling of oneself that can award the New Birth to a lost and dying sinner.

One begins at the beginning then entire valley of promises and training awaits him/her.

The Apostolic converts were NEVER baptised in the NAME of J E S U S. One could be immersed today in the NAME YESHUA and be obedient to the Command to be baptised in the NAME of the LORD.

But I undestand the principle. The greater point being immersion does not bring new life. A "work" can never ingratiate one to God in terms of eternal salvation otherwise it is NOT by FAITH ALONE but by FAITH AND WORKS. In fact, one will never follow, believe, obey [in truth] the LORD apart from the sovereign GRACE of God in election to LIFE. A mystic, a religionist or others who adopt apparent spiritual principles in life [philosophy] can never enter the Kingdom of God. True Apostolic Doctrine everywhere trumpets the teaching of GRACE, GRACE, GRACE. That being so, man is revealed in his true condition, lost and powerless to save himself, to believe, to please God, to enter the Kingdom.

Peter, no doubt somewhat frustrated declared, "who then can be saved?"

You know the answer, "With men this is IMPOSSIBLE but with GOD all things are possible."

The more "man" one is, the less GOD becomes in man's own imagination.

Who then can be saved? With you and me it is IMPOSSIBLE.

"But I was immersed in the NAME of J E S U S."

Apart from the New Birth all you accomplised was the need for a dry towel.

New Birth ---->>> Immersion --->>> Life of continuing sanctification and spiritual growth.
Water Baptism is not a work of man by which he somehow earns or merits Salvation. it is a work of God, by which He remits our sins and is an essential component of Biblical Salvation. It is only one of three components described in Acts as necessary for the New Birth. None can be taken in isolation for Salvation is a process not an event.

Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

If believing alone saved one, this verse makes no sense and Jesus never wasted words.

1Pe 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Salvation is by grace through faith. But it is only obedient faith that is ever discussed in the Bible, not the mere mental assent and empty belief that is taught today.

Act 5:32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.
Heb 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Obedience to God is not "works." These verses are in your Bible for a reason. John 3:5 and Acts 2:38 are not verses we can choose to explain away by the misapplication of Romans 10:9. That's just another mistake of the Reformation along with the doctrine of unconditional eternal security.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:38 PM
A Student of the Word

Larry - excellent post.

Here are three verses that I simply love, they each point to a different aspect of salvation:

Rev. 12:17, 14:12 & 22:14 (Note: There are alternate translations for this verse that state "wash their robes", vice "do his commandments").

Of course there are the more popular ones: John 14:15, 21, 24, 15:10; Heb 5:9, etc.

So now the question becomes, "What are the commandments of Christ that we are to obey?"I might just post a thread on this subject. It just might interest a few to discover what Jesus expects of His disciples. What do you think?
Old 04-07-2013, 10:50 PM
A Student of the Word

Another interesting study: How many 'gospels' are there identified in the New Testament writings?

Answer: 12

Question: How do they relate to one another?
Old 04-08-2013, 05:22 AM
Apostolic Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.W. Bowman View Post
Larry - excellent post.

Here are three verses that I simply love, they each point to a different aspect of salvation:

Rev. 12:17, 14:12 & 22:14 (Note: There are alternate translations for this verse that state "wash their robes", vice "do his commandments").

Of course there are the more popular ones: John 14:15, 21, 24, 15:10; Heb 5:9, etc.

So now the question becomes, "What are the commandments of Christ that we are to obey?"I might just post a thread on this subject. It just might interest a few to discover what Jesus expects of His disciples. What do you think?
Excellent idea! it is time for the Sons of God to arise, and learn what it really means to be New Creation's. We have a long way to go in order ti be the manifested sons we are called to be.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.W. Bowman View Post
Larry - excellent post.

I believe that the born again Christian is called to obey the Law of Christ. The Law of Christ is summed up as follows:
1.) Love the LORD your God with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength.
2.) Demonstrate your love for the LORD your God by loving your neighbor as yourself.
Beyond these two commandments, the rest is just circumstantial commentary.
Matthew 22:38-40
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
Romans 13:9-10
9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
Galatians 5:14
For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
James 2:8
If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
The essence of biblical Christianity is love. Love for God and love for others. Everything else is dispensational commentary or cultural mores. In any action we must ask ourselves, "Is it loving?" If it isn't loving it will most likely be selfish or malicious. If something isn't loving it is sin.

Last edited by Aquila; 04-09-2013 at 11:18 AM.