Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:33 PM
Live like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whole Hearted View Post
Men who are standing against TV and worldliness. Those who are like minded.
With all due respect, there are still men who ask their church members to abstain from watching television and worldliness in the UPCI.

If you leave for these reasons alone, you're going to be disappointed in 20 years should the Lord tarry.

Where there are people... there are disagreements. Where there are people, there are politics. Where there are people, there are differences of opinion. Where there are people, there are problems.

Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
My Countdown Counting down to: Spring...
April Showers Bring May Flowers!
Old 01-21-2008, 01:36 PM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. LPW View Post
With all due respect, there are still men who ask their church members to abstain from watching television and worldliness in the UPCI.

If you leave for these reasons alone, you're going to be disappointed in 20 years should the Lord tarry.

Where there are people... there are disagreements. Where there are people, there are politics. Where there are people, there are differences of opinion. Where there are people, there are problems.
Stop it.

You are making too much sense.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
What happens though when this group doesn't line completely up with your beliefs? Where will you go then?
At this point I don't know what I will do. May join WPF may not, May jut go ind.

I have been UPC for over 33 years and didnt agree on everything. But now I am finding the the UPC has changed and the differences have become greater. We disagree on more and more thing, some of those being core beliefs that are essential to salvation.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:40 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

I know that there will still be some who stand for holiness and what's right. I never said there would not be.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:43 PM
Live like it.

Quote:
I know that there will still be some who stand for holiness and what's right. I never said there would not be.
I know... someone just asked what you would find in Tulsa that you wouldn't find in any of the hundreds of UPCI churches.. that's all.

Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
My Countdown Counting down to: Spring...
April Showers Bring May Flowers!
Old 01-21-2008, 01:43 PM
My Family!

Quote:
At this point I don't know what I will do. May join WPF may not, May jut go ind.

I have been UPC for over 33 years and didnt agree on everything. But now I am finding the the UPC has changed and the differences have become greater. We disagree on more and more thing, some of those being core beliefs that are essential to salvation.
So you are saying that UPC isn't following the scriptures essential to salvation?

Don't you just mean that there are some that aren't holding to some of the man-made rules that aren't essential to salvation?

I don't think UPC has changed anything on their beliefs on salvation.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:46 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
So you are saying that UPC isn't following the scriptures essential to salvation?

Don't you just mean that there are some that aren't holding to some of the man-made rules that aren't essential to salvation?

I don't think UPC has changed anything on their beliefs on salvation.
I believe that holiness and separation are essential to salvation and are scriptural.

And I don't see that in some UPC churches.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

I completely agree. The thing that made this forum so interesting to me was the debate about how conservative and how liberal the church should be. The issues are different, but the same types of debate are going on in the Assemblies of God right now.

The boundary lines are being changed and there are major differences of opinion, disagreements and politics currently. So true that the one constant is always people.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:20 PM
Pot Stirrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeinAR View Post
I completely agree. The thing that made this forum so interesting to me was the debate about how conservative and how liberal the church should be. The issues are different, but the same types of debate are going on in the Assemblies of God right now.

The boundary lines are being changed and there are major differences of opinion, disagreements and politics currently. So true that the one constant is always people.

Mike are you assemblies of God? I am not so no expert on their issues but this is what i thought about AG:
A) They don't fellowship each other much and everyone sort of minds their own business
B) They left the dress code many years ago so it's no longer an issue except for a few isolated churches in small rural areas.
C) most of them have heard of Oneness but few know about the UPC
Old 01-21-2008, 04:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StMark View Post
Mike are you assemblies of God? I am not so no expert on their issues but this is what i thought about AG:
A) They don't fellowship each other much and everyone sort of minds their own business
B) They left the dress code many years ago so it's no longer an issue except for a few isolated churches in small rural areas.
C) most of them have heard of Oneness but few know about the UPC
Mark as far as my church, we have strong small group ministires(beyond Sunday School!!) that allow us build relationships in a large church. I guess that would depend on each individual church.

Dress isn't an issue at all in 95% of our churches. My church is much more conservative than most. A woman would definitely feel out of place in dress slacks in my church. Most other Assembly of God churches that I've been in the last year are "come as you are". I'm conflicted about this issue greatly. It's been an issue of much prayer for me.

I agree that the majority of our members have heard of oneness. Bro. and Sis. McGruder have ministered in our church many times. Also, Bro. Allan Oggs ministered two or three times. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of many UPC churches in our area. I know of one and have enjoyed friendships with people from that church, but UPC doesn't have a great visibility in Western Arkansas.

The issues being debated now in our fellowship are things such as initial physical evidence(how sad that's being debated), necessity of altar calls, style of music(songs and goofy stuff like strobe lights), the lack of younger ministers being credentialed, the retention of people once they make a public profession of Christ and are baptized, and the left wing heresy like gold dust and other such junk.