Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-29-2023, 01:38 PM
Registered Member

Re: Are we are under the commands of the first 5 b

Quote:
Originally Posted by good samaritan View Post
Galatians 5:13-14
13......For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
14......For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Preach on brother. You’ve got it right.
Old 01-30-2023, 09:31 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
I

The righteousness of the mosaic law exist now in the believers heart and we are gonna be held accountable at whole new level. We are judged by our hearts.
It has always been that way:

Deuteronomy 5:29 KJV
O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever!

Deuteronomy 6:4-7 KJV
Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord : [5] And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. [6] And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: [7] And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

Deuteronomy 8:2 KJV
And thou shalt remember all the way which the Lord thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no.

Deuteronomy 10:12-13 KJV
And now, Israel, what doth the Lord thy God require of thee, but to fear the Lord thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the Lord thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul, [13] To keep the commandments of the Lord, and his statutes, which I command thee this day for thy good?

Deuteronomy 10:16 KJV
Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked.

Deuteronomy 26:16 KJV
This day the Lord thy God hath commanded thee to do these statutes and judgments: thou shalt therefore keep and do them with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.

Deuteronomy 30:10-16 KJV
If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul. [11] For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off. [12] It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? [13] Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? [14] But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it. [15] See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil; [16] In that I command thee this day to love the Lord thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the Lord thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it.

Psalm 7:9 KJV
Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reins.

Psalm 24:3-5 KJV
Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord ? or who shall stand in his holy place? [4] He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully. [5] He shall receive the blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

Psalm 37:30-31 KJV
The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment. [31] The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide.

Psalm 40:6-8 KJV
Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required. [7] Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me, [8] I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

Psalm 44:21 KJV
Shall not God search this out? for he knoweth the secrets of the heart.

Psalm 119:1-3 KJV
Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the Lord. [2] Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart. [3] They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways.

Psalm 119:10-11 KJV
With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments. [11] Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Isaiah 29:13-14 KJV
Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men: [14] Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.

Isaiah 51:6-8 KJV
Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished. [7] Hearken unto me, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart is my law; fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings. [8] For the moth shall eat them up like a garment, and the worm shall eat them like wool: but my righteousness shall be for ever, and my salvation from generation to generation.

Jeremiah 17:10 KJV
I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

Jeremiah 31:31-33 KJV
Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: [32] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord : [33] But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-30-2023, 09:36 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:

I am not debating immorality, I am talking about teaching/preaching the necessity of observing feast days, Sabbaths, dietary laws, etc...
IMMORAL'ITY, noun Any act or practice which contravenes the divine commands or the social duties. Injustice, dishonesty, fraud, slander, profaneness, gaming, intemperance, lewdness, are immoralities. All crimes are immoralities; but crime expresses more than immorality

(Webster's Dictionary of the English Language)

In other words, you don't know what you are talking about, you are using words without regard to their meaning, impressing and convincing only those who likewise don't know what words mean.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-30-2023, 11:45 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
It has always been that way:

Deuteronomy 5:29 KJV
O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever!

Deuteronomy 6:4-7 KJV
Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord : [5] And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. [6] And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: [7] And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

Deuteronomy 8:2 KJV
And thou shalt remember all the way which the Lord thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no.

Deuteronomy 10:12-13 KJV
And now, Israel, what doth the Lord thy God require of thee, but to fear the Lord thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the Lord thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul, [13] To keep the commandments of the Lord, and his statutes, which I command thee this day for thy good?

Deuteronomy 10:16 KJV
Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked.

Deuteronomy 26:16 KJV
This day the Lord thy God hath commanded thee to do these statutes and judgments: thou shalt therefore keep and do them with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.

Deuteronomy 30:10-16 KJV
If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul. [11] For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off. [12] It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? [13] Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? [14] But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it. [15] See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil; [16] In that I command thee this day to love the Lord thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the Lord thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it.

Psalm 7:9 KJV
Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reins.

Psalm 24:3-5 KJV
Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord ? or who shall stand in his holy place? [4] He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully. [5] He shall receive the blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

Psalm 37:30-31 KJV
The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment. [31] The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide.

Psalm 40:6-8 KJV
Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required. [7] Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me, [8] I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

Psalm 44:21 KJV
Shall not God search this out? for he knoweth the secrets of the heart.

Psalm 119:1-3 KJV
Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the Lord. [2] Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart. [3] They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways.

Psalm 119:10-11 KJV
With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments. [11] Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Isaiah 29:13-14 KJV
Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men: [14] Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.

Isaiah 51:6-8 KJV
Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished. [7] Hearken unto me, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart is my law; fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings. [8] For the moth shall eat them up like a garment, and the worm shall eat them like wool: but my righteousness shall be for ever, and my salvation from generation to generation.

Jeremiah 17:10 KJV
I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

Jeremiah 31:31-33 KJV
Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: [32] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord : [33] But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Absolutely, It has always been that way!!! The law of Moses never made any man righteous. Righteousness has always come by faith and not the law. Which is why I don’t understand how you believe that we should be teaching non Jewish converts the necessity of following the law of Moses.
Old 01-30-2023, 12:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
IMMORAL'ITY, noun Any act or practice which contravenes the divine commands or the social duties. Injustice, dishonesty, fraud, slander, profaneness, gaming, intemperance, lewdness, are immoralities. All crimes are immoralities; but crime expresses more than immorality

(Webster's Dictionary of the English Language)

In other words, you don't know what you are talking about, you are using words without regard to their meaning, impressing and convincing only those who likewise don't know what words mean.
Lol. Are you kidding? It is not immoral that God has set us free from the law of Moses. Btw, Websters definition change all the time lol. Just look up “marriage” in a 100+ years old Webster and its definition in a Webster today. Webster does not define morality for me.

I think you are hung up that sin doesn’t exists outside of Mosaic laws.

Romans 5:13
(For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

“Yes, people sinned even before the law was given. But it was not counted as sin because there was not yet any law to break.”
....Romans‬ ..5‬:..13‬ ..NLT‬‬

The law didn’t create sin it identified and condemned it. The law given by Moses had prophetic messages and relevant applications to the Jewish people that where living before Christ. We no longer live under that law. Morality is about loving God and loving people.

Galatians 5:13-14
13......For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
14......For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Old 01-30-2023, 03:44 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:

The law didn’t create sin it identified and condemned it.
Yes, like Sabbath breaking - identified by the law as sin.

Think on that.

Old 01-30-2023, 04:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Yes, like Sabbath breaking - identified by the law as sin.

Think on that.
Hebrews 4:3
For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

I have thought about it plenty.

The Sabbath brings rest and the law brings bondage.

Your message is to bring people who have been set free into bondage.
Old 01-30-2023, 06:34 PM
New User

Quote:
Hebrews 4:3
For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

I have thought about it plenty.

The Sabbath brings rest and the law brings bondage.

Your message is to bring people who have been set free into bondage.
I’m not a law keeper, or even a sabbath (Saturday) keeper… but… really? The law brings bondage?
Old 01-30-2023, 11:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
I’m not a law keeper, or even a sabbath (Saturday) keeper… but… really? The law brings bondage?

Galatians 4:21-25
21......Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?
22......For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
23......But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
24......Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
25......For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

The law of Moses brought condemnation to all who where under it. It never saved anyone.

Romans 8:1-2
1......There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2......For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

There is the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus

There is the law of sin and death

Which one do we serve.

Galatians 3:1-3
1......O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
2......This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3......Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Galatians 4:3
Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:
4......But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5......To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
6......And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
7......Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

The law of sin and death was what was given at Sinai, but the law of the Spirit of Life was given at Calvary.

Galatians 5:1-2
1......Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
2......Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

Paul was addressing the subject of Jews who where proselytizing Gentiles. They where trying to bring under Mosaic laws, which Paul who had been a devout Jew contended against. This scripture was not just regarding circumcision.

Acts 15:24
Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

The apostles where not going around preaching the ten commandments. They where preaching a life in Jesus Christ which could truly make one righteous.
Old 01-31-2023, 04:28 AM
New User

Oh, I guess I forgot about the bewitched Galatians. My bad…