Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-19-2007, 05:46 PM
Rev Dooley

Unforeseen Good

This is my lifelong favorite scripture:
Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
I have found it to prove itself time and again.

Romans 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!This verse when broken down shows that we literally find out from the past what His ways are. We see how He maneuvered situations while we went through them not knowing what the outcome would be until later.

When I was 4 years old, daddy put me and my brother on an airplane and turned around and walked away. I would not see him again for 20 years.

I grew up with my mom and the man that she married. I called him "dad", but he was never truly dad to me. He was a fill-in, an imposter. My young heart yearned to know the man who had sired me.
I could not understand why he did what he did. Why would he take a 4 year old boy, leave him and his brother in the hands of a stewardess and just walk away?
How could he have been so callous to not care that a young boy's very life was instantly shattered? That that same young man would find it hard to trust anyone ever again?

In later years, I met my real dad. He is someone that I know and will not likely ever have a father-son relationship with. Too many years may have passed for this to happen.
We communicate through email (his choice). It may be that I am a burden that he does not wish to be in his life. Lately thought, things seem to be changing for the better. The lines of communication have grown. Time will tell.

Dad always married someone in the occult. My mom (his first wife) was a prcticing medium: ectoplasm and all. She was the real deal. After their divorce, he married a black witch, black magic, whatever you want to call it.
He has since remarried and is now married to a paraphsycologist. This lady is the one that the stars (hollywood) talk to for advice. She has the genuine spirit of divination and she is highly sought after. She is also fairly wealthy as a result.

This is the life that I would have known; witches, seances, spiritism. tarot readings, you name it. It would have all been a normal part of life and I would have been taught that it was all okay to follow.
I would have been taught that homosexuality was not a choice, but something that one is born as.
Divorce is not an ugly word. It is okay if you have irreconcilable differences.

I THANK GOD THAT DAD PUT ME ON THAT AIRPLANE!!!

I am a preacher today because of a godly upbringing.

Shortly after we arrived in mom's house, some things began to change. Mom began to distance herself from the occult. She destroyed all of her magical items and began to seek God.

I grew up knowing about all of this stuff, but I spent a larger part of my younger years in church. I hungered for God. I thirsted for His touch.

GOD put me on that airplane. He drew me out of a pit. His hand guided us to where we are today.
All things have truly worked together for the good of this young (not so young anymore!) man.
Thank God for His wondrous works in our lives!!!
Old 07-19-2007, 06:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyImportant View Post
Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Romans 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!This verse when broken down shows that we literally find out from the past what His ways are. We see how He maneuvered situations while we went through them not knowing what the outcome would be until later.

When I was 4 years old, daddy put me and my brother on an airplane and turned around and walked away. I would not see him again for 20 years.

I grew up with my mom and the man that she married. I called him "dad", but he was never truly dad to me. He was a fill-in, an imposter. My young heart yearned to know the man who had sired me.
I could not understand why he did what he did. Why would he take a 4 year old boy, leave him and his brother in the hands of a stewardess and just walk away?
How could he have been so callous to not care that a young boy's very life was instantly shattered? That that same young man would find it hard to trust anyone ever again?

In later years, I met my real dad. He is someone that I know and will not likely ever have a father-son relationship with. Too many years may have passed for this to happen.
We communicate through email (his choice). It may be that I am a burden that he does not wish to be in his life. Lately thought, things seem to be changing for the better. The lines of communication have grown. Time will tell.

Dad always married someone in the occult. My mom (his first wife) was a prcticing medium: ectoplasm and all. She was the real deal. After their divorce, he married a black witch, black magic, whatever you want to call it.
He has since remarried and is now married to a paraphsycologist. This lady is the one that the stars (hollywood) talk to for advice. She has the genuine spirit of divination and she is highly sought after. She is also fairly wealthy as a result.

This is the life that I would have known; witches, seances, spiritism. tarot readings, you name it. It would have all been a normal part of life and I would have been taught that it was all okay to follow.
I would have been taught that homosexuality was not a choice, but something that one is born as.

Shortly after we arrived in mom's house, some things began to change. Mom began to distance herself from the occult. She destroyed all of her magical items and began to seek God.

I grew up knowing about all of this stuff, but I spent a larger part of my younger years in church. I hungered for God. I thirsted for His touch.

GOD put me on that airplane. He drew me out of a pit. His hand guided us to where we are today.
All things have truly worked together for the good of this young (not so young anymore!) man.
What a great witness for what God did and is doing in your life!

This is amazing - what amazing grace that God allowed you to be as you say, "put on an airplane" that changed forever the course of your life!

I can't stop thinking about Joseph when I read this - "They meant it for evil, but God meant it for good."
Old 07-19-2007, 06:47 PM
Registered Member

just beautiful, thanks for sharing a small part of you with us
Old 07-19-2007, 06:50 PM
Registered Member

Maybe someday I will have the courage to post "my story" here - not sure that will ever happen. It's a unique one, too. You know each of us has a unique story of who we are and where we are today. It's all because of the Grace and Mercy of a Loving God - Jesus Christ, Our Lord and Saviour!!!
Old 07-19-2007, 06:50 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

Thank God for grace.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:03 PM
Rev Dooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkLady View Post
...I can't stop thinking about Joseph when I read this - "They meant it for evil, but God meant it for good."
This verse certainly came to my mind when the Lord showed me His grace in this episode of my life. It is very applicable.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:58 PM
Wouldn't Take Nothin' For My Journey Now!

Unforeseen Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyImportant View Post

Bro. Somebody Important To God,

What a wonderful testimony of God's love and

mercy. We are all important to Him. I took the

liberty of "changing your name" as the other

doesn't fit your testimony!

Blessings and thank you for sharing this

beautiful story. We all have a testimony.

Falla39
Old 07-20-2007, 04:09 AM
Registered Member

Wonderful testimony Brother.You are definately a miricle