Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 01-22-2008, 12:33 AM
Registered Member

They put the dates on the flier so everyone can book their travel dates to stay over and take in all the attractions. They will all be open at the end of the conference. Perfect timing.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:38 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
They put the dates on the flier so everyone can book their travel dates to stay over and take in all the attractions. They will all be open at the end of the conference. Perfect timing.
Yep!
Old 01-22-2008, 12:40 AM
Pot Stirrer

now, is there something wrong with this ?
Old 01-22-2008, 12:45 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StMark View Post
now, is there something wrong with this ?
Yes there is! They preach all these things are wrong.. yet somehow Branson gets a go ahead?! How is that any different than going to a football game? Or a movie?
Old 01-22-2008, 12:55 AM
Pot Stirrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingGrace View Post
Yes there is! They preach all these things are wrong.. yet somehow Branson gets a go ahead?! How is that any different than going to a football game? Or a movie?

I thought you was an ultra con you seem to be turning on your own people AG
Old 01-22-2008, 07:51 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StMark View Post
I thought you was an ultra con you seem to be turning on your own people AG
Mark... our church is considered very conservative yes... but... he doesnt preach if we go to six flags we are splitting hell wide open either!
Old 01-22-2008, 05:20 PM
Registered Member

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Miller View Post
There is nothing of quality to look at, why waste my time going? We all know it is just a power hungry group of men.
I'm SOOOO sorry you feel that way! However, I do not believe these men are power hungry. They are simply trying to create another vinue for some strong young men that believe this great message to find each other and build friendships the same as the UPC did for them in years gone by!! Now would somebody PLEASE!! tell me what in the world is wrong with that??!!!!!
Old 01-23-2008, 09:33 AM
Live like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjones View Post
I believe you have succeeded in putting me on the spot!

What you have pointed out is, in my opinion, one of the glaring inconsistencies in the defacto rule book. That said, I believe many of them are opposed to the open consumption of alcohol and some are opposed to the competition and violence aspects of the athletic events... especially your national sport, Hockey! AS for bowling, not too many are opposed to the sport as much as the sometimes unsavory environment of some bowling alleys... drinking and such. Many churches I am aware of rent part of a bowling alley for events. Others don't oppose bowling in the more "family focused" lanes.

I imagine that by now you have figured out that I do not have a good answer to the question you have posed. Therefore I am going with the traditional response... just obey your pastor's teaching and all will be well... don't ever go and you won't know what you are missing. If those two don't get the job done... I am totally worthless!

Thank you for answering. I asked you, because I've read most of your posts since joining the forum and you (among some others) are one of the most balanced, well rounded, sensible and wise posters here.
You (along with others too) are who you are, stand for what you stand for, without being critical and/or condecending to those who don't agree.

So thank you again for your response. I value your opinion.

Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
My Countdown Counting down to: Spring...
April Showers Bring May Flowers!
Old 01-23-2008, 11:28 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocatelloApostolic View Post
I'm SOOOO sorry you feel that way! However, I do not believe these men are power hungry. They are simply trying to create another vinue for some strong young men that believe this great message to find each other and build friendships the same as the UPC did for them in years gone by!! Now would somebody PLEASE!! tell me what in the world is wrong with that??!!!!!
I totally agree with you on this
Old 01-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Administrator

If they don't have a music conference organized yet perhaps they can tie in with the annual Christ Church music conference here in Nashville! LOL!!!