Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-26-2008, 03:34 AM
Saved & Shaved

Is this common?

Is it common for people to hear "tongues" in their mind before they speak it forth? Do you hear what you are going to say before you say it? (inspired by another thread)
Old 07-26-2008, 03:54 AM
Registered Member

Re: Is this common?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkeley View Post
Is it common for people to hear "tongues" in their mind before they speak it forth? Do you hear what you are going to say before you say it? (inspired by another thread)
It is for me...I don't 'hear' it in it's entirety, but I do often 'hear' tongues.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:32 AM
Matthew 7:6

Veddy interesting.

I don't know if it's common. But I had been praying in tongues for years before I noticed one day that I could actually "hear" it in my mind. And I've "heard" it continually since then. I've never brought it up to anyone before because I didn't want to either seem strange, or as if I was "bragging" about something the next person had never experienced. So I'm actually glad to see this thread bring up the topic 'cause I've often wondered if it was common. or uncommon for people to hear it in their mind as I do.

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:59 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFrance View Post
Veddy interesting.

I don't know if it's common. But I had been praying in tongues for years before I noticed one day that I could actually "hear" it in my mind. And I've "heard" it continually since then. I've never brought it up to anyone before because I didn't want to either seem strange, or as if I was "bragging" about something the next person had never experienced. So I'm actually glad to see this thread bring up the topic 'cause I've often wondered if it was common. or uncommon for people to hear it in their mind as I do.
Same here...
Old 07-26-2008, 08:07 AM
delete account

Sometimes I hear the tongues with my but in my mind I hear God speaking the interpretation. Is that what you mean? Or there are times I pray in my mind and speak in tongues in my mind also...when I am not able to vocalize.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:28 AM
Christmas 2009

I know of people who heard tongues when they were praying for the Holy Ghost before they ever spoke them, but it's never happened to me.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:36 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Maybe its because you stayed up too late last night! I'm surprised to see you up and posting this morning.

Back to you post... I hear tongues in my head also. If you think about it though, we also talk to God "in our head" in our regular language.

I've even gone over conversations in my head. So I don't think its weird to pray in tongues in your head either.

Now I sound weird. Maybe it was me who stayed up too late!
Old 07-26-2008, 10:06 AM
Shaking the dust off my shoes.

Quote:

Sometimes it happens that way for me. Sometimes I hear the translation in my mind too.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:15 AM
Supreme Queen Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoni View Post
Sometimes I hear the tongues with my but in my mind I hear God speaking the interpretation. Is that what you mean? Or there are times I pray in my mind and speak in tongues in my mind also...when I am not able to vocalize.
GIRRRRLLLL, You're making us smart ones look stupid!
Old 07-26-2008, 11:27 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Van Pelt View Post
GIRRRRLLLL, You're making us smart ones look stupid!

ROFL You are bad!!!!!