Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:49 PM
Anapko is Gone...

Nuff Said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckstadt View Post
Blah! blah! Blah!

It's...ah...er...a...what Neckstadt said!
Old 01-14-2008, 02:12 PM
<----Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Miller View Post
I agree.

The question is this, Is that a bad thing?

I say it don't have to be. If you can control the internet and videos you watch then you can control TV.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:49 PM
gearjammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HangingOut View Post
In defense of the anti #4 group, they foresee the continued over-all relaxation of TV in the fellowship due to the passing. I think they are probably right on that part.
I see you apparently have no problem with the internet. What is the difference? The TV also has an on/off switch. You ought to also get rid of your internet.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:52 PM
gearjammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Miller View Post
I agree.

The question is this, Is that a bad thing?

I say it don't have to be. If you can control the internet and videos you watch then you can control TV.
I agree with this statement one hundred percent.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:13 PM
RockNaHardpl

The overall issue isn't about television, advertising, broadcasting our services, the internet, or even personal responsibility (even though the last one is a favorite of mine)...the overall issue is about UNITY.

We've had people beating each other's spiritual brains out over this mess for as long as television has existed. Jesus got onto the Pharisees for overlooking the weightier matters of the law, love, mercy, grace, etc. This is the 21st Century renaming of an old issue. We like to accuse the world of putting new names on old sins...when we in the Apostolic movement do the same thing.

I confronted the UPCI AM Forum members a few weeks ago while they were debating this issue and other issues. They are blind to the fact that UNITY is the real resolution...but you don't see anyone from either camp drafting an emergency resolution for that, do we?

A post on their forum to discuss the "new organization" was promptly squashed by the admin and deleted. For the most part, names such as "renegades, rebels and rogues" seems to be the order of the day.

What we need to understand is that there are great men of God on both sides of this issue. I had a pastor tell me last week that God "got rid" of a cancer in the UPC body. How insulting! We've now come to calling men and women of God, souls for whom Christ died...a cancer! Of course we've been calling anybody that doesn't believe exactly as we do the same way for years, so what is amazing about that?

He was totally afronted when I told him that they still have a cancer and that if we don't learn the lessons about loving our brother and sister, no matter about minor issues, God will send a storm among us to keep dividing us until we learn to unify and love our brother. He resoundingly told me I was wrong and that the organization had learned it's lesson about unity. I beg to differ. The cancer wasn't the TV issue. The cancer is a lack of love and unity. God is going to teach us all a harsh lesson on this before long...no matter the organizational name over the door. The time has come for all of us to come together as oneness believers. The pull of the Spirit is to labor together.

Considering a very well known evangelist confronted me on another forum last year, telling me the UPCI would not split, I think current circumstances showed the truth in the matter. I don't keep my ear plugged into the politics of the movement. I try to keep my nose planted on the carpet and wait until God talks to me.

I bear no malice to either side. I was out of church for a decade, running from the call of God on my life and past failures. I don't hate any organization. I've friends in most of them. I'm conservative, yet I work in the visual information field, supervising photography, video, graphics and tv production for a government agency. Can it work? Yes. Do we need it? Some metro areas do. Will it make some of our people compromise their stance on television? Too late for that.

My favorite former pastor commented on this several years ago, stating that what we attempted to do has not worked. Approximately 90% of our people have a television, watch it on a daily basis and are addicted to it. We did the wrong thing by not teaching them to make Holy Ghost-led decisions in their lives and walks with God about what they should and should not watch. Don't say it can't be done...or unplug your computer and shut off your internet service when you do.

You can't legislate holiness and righteousness by a list of rules and a manual. It has to come from the heart.

UNITY has to come from the heart also.

God bless.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:27 AM
Registered Member

Good post.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:19 AM
Renewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnhisle View Post
Good post.
WHAT!!!!!!

That can't be a good post, he is UPC. He is evil.!!!!

No good post from evil UPC!!!!!!

geesh...
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 01-17-2008, 09:45 AM
Ron Turner

Great read.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:05 AM
Strange in a Strange Land...

Exactly

I do agree! Great post.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockNaHardpl View Post
The overall issue isn't about television, advertising, broadcasting our services, the internet, or even personal responsibility (even though the last one is a favorite of mine)...the overall issue is about UNITY.

We've had people beating each other's spiritual brains out over this mess for as long as television has existed. Jesus got onto the Pharisees for overlooking the weightier matters of the law, love, mercy, grace, etc. This is the 21st Century renaming of an old issue. We like to accuse the world of putting new names on old sins...when we in the Apostolic movement do the same thing.

I confronted the UPCI AM Forum members a few weeks ago while they were debating this issue and other issues. They are blind to the fact that UNITY is the real resolution...but you don't see anyone from either camp drafting an emergency resolution for that, do we?

A post on their forum to discuss the "new organization" was promptly squashed by the admin and deleted. For the most part, names such as "renegades, rebels and rogues" seems to be the order of the day.

What we need to understand is that there are great men of God on both sides of this issue. I had a pastor tell me last week that God "got rid" of a cancer in the UPC body. How insulting! We've now come to calling men and women of God, souls for whom Christ died...a cancer! Of course we've been calling anybody that doesn't believe exactly as we do the same way for years, so what is amazing about that?

He was totally afronted when I told him that they still have a cancer and that if we don't learn the lessons about loving our brother and sister, no matter about minor issues, God will send a storm among us to keep dividing us until we learn to unify and love our brother. He resoundingly told me I was wrong and that the organization had learned it's lesson about unity. I beg to differ. The cancer wasn't the TV issue. The cancer is a lack of love and unity. God is going to teach us all a harsh lesson on this before long...no matter the organizational name over the door. The time has come for all of us to come together as oneness believers. The pull of the Spirit is to labor together.

Considering a very well known evangelist confronted me on another forum last year, telling me the UPCI would not split, I think current circumstances showed the truth in the matter. I don't keep my ear plugged into the politics of the movement. I try to keep my nose planted on the carpet and wait until God talks to me.

I bear no malice to either side. I was out of church for a decade, running from the call of God on my life and past failures. I don't hate any organization. I've friends in most of them. I'm conservative, yet I work in the visual information field, supervising photography, video, graphics and tv production for a government agency. Can it work? Yes. Do we need it? Some metro areas do. Will it make some of our people compromise their stance on television? Too late for that.

My favorite former pastor commented on this several years ago, stating that what we attempted to do has not worked. Approximately 90% of our people have a television, watch it on a daily basis and are addicted to it. We did the wrong thing by not teaching them to make Holy Ghost-led decisions in their lives and walks with God about what they should and should not watch. Don't say it can't be done...or unplug your computer and shut off your internet service when you do.

You can't legislate holiness and righteousness by a list of rules and a manual. It has to come from the heart.

UNITY has to come from the heart also.

God bless.

I also agree this was an excellent post. It is amazing how "brothers" can overnight become "cancers" when they leave. Libs experienced that phenomena when they left after the affirmation statement in '92 and apparently now the ultra conservatives will bear the same label among some.

Hopefully those labels and strong feelings are limited to just a small number of people though.