Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-17-2013, 07:11 PM
On the road less traveled

Re: The Reason Some Don't Submit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
Jesus didn't submit to the Pharisees. Neither did the disciples. Just sayin'.
Nope, come to think of it, they sure didn't. What a great point!
Old 11-17-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
Funny, but I have never once felt anger about "being used" (or NOT used) in church.
I can second that, or even amen it.

Quote:
My resentment comes, not from the pastor telling me I can't teach, but when he starts telling us what days of the week we are allowed to have "marital relations" (as just one example) on and so on and so forth.
The craziness seems to have no have no end to it. I had not experienced this teaching, but I can believe it. I have no resentment left now, just sadness for the ones who remain burdened in its grip.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:49 PM
Temporary Occupant of Earth

Thanks to each that responded and made my point.

Do Not Argue With Idiots, they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:40 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
I can second that, or even amen it.

The craziness seems to have no have no end to it. I had not experienced this teaching, but I can believe it. I have no resentment left now, just sadness for the ones who remain burdened in its grip.
Several years ago I scanned in and posted the actual "study" material he handed out to support his doctrines on the subject. I could do it again if you want.

And people in the church DID (and do) "submit" to him on these private issues. One such person was a young lady who my wife knew for years. One day she called her and was acting quite distressed because she had "given in" and actually had sex with her husband. . . . <wait for it>. . . on a Sunday, against his teaching. She was feeling all manner of remorse and guilt for not having properly SUBmitttttttedddd <spit> (thank you Angela V for always spelling SUBmitttttt <spit> that way. LOL), to his authority.

I did not know who I wanted to wack more. The pastor or HER, for the power she gave him over their lives.

Last edited by RandyWayne; 11-18-2013 at 04:44 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:52 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abiding Now View Post

The fact that you will not answer any questions put to you only proves you are a brainwashed Kool-Aid drinker. If you are a pastor, then I pity the people who are under you.

I know it's a waste of time, but oh well. Here goes again...

1) If your pastor wants to have sex with your wife or daughter, must you let him?

2) If your pastor orders you to kill someone, should you?

3) If your pastor orders you to embrace the Trinity doctrine and be rebaptized by the Matthew 28:19 formula, should you?
Old 11-18-2013, 05:03 PM
Registered Member

Personally, I think all posters should just ignore this "Abiding Now" character until he mans up and actually dialogs with us. So far, any question posed to him is an indication in his mind that he is right. That's usually how it is with people whose arguments have no merit.

I don't even think the guy is saved. He should have drunk the Kool-Aid with the rest of the Jim Jones followers. Maybe he is actually "Brother" R.G. Stair from Walterboro, SC.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abiding Now View Post

And the point is......?
Old 11-18-2013, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Several years ago I scanned in and posted the actual "study" material he handed out to support his doctrines on the subject. I could do it again if you want.

And people in the church DID (and do) "submit" to him on these private issues. One such person was a young lady who my wife knew for years. One day she called her and was acting quite distressed because she had "given in" and actually had sex with her husband. . . . <wait for it>. . . on a Sunday, against his teaching. She was feeling all manner of remorse and guilt for not having properly SUBmitttttttedddd <spit> (thank you Angela V for always spelling SUBmitttttt <spit> that way. LOL), to his authority.

I did not know who I wanted to wack more. The pastor or HER, for the power she gave him over their lives.
Wow. It is just sick and sad, isn't it. Sometimes you think you've heard it all, but .... nope.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
The fact that you will not answer any questions put to you only proves you are a brainwashed Kool-Aid drinker. If you are a pastor, then I pity the people who are under you.

I know it's a waste of time, but oh well. Here goes again...

1) If your pastor wants to have sex with your wife or daughter, must you let him?

2) If your pastor orders you to kill someone, should you?

3) If your pastor orders you to embrace the Trinity doctrine and be rebaptized by the Matthew 28:19 formula, should you?
No I'm not a pastor, do not hold a license with any organization, just an Apostolic church goer that's trying my best to be saved. As per your questions, I don't have time for "foolish questions".

Do Not Argue With Idiots, they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Personally, I think all posters should just ignore this "Abiding Now" character until he mans up and actually dialogs with us. So far, any question posed to him is an indication in his mind that he is right. That's usually how it is with people whose arguments have no merit.

I don't even think the guy is saved. He should have drunk the Kool-Aid with the rest of the Jim Jones followers. Maybe he is actually "Brother" R.G. Stair from Walterboro, SC.
Of course I'm right.