Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-28-2007, 05:21 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

What About The Sabbath ? By Charles Halff.

Here is an interesting article on the Sabbath.
http://24-7JesusChurch.net/sabbath-halff.html
Old 11-28-2007, 05:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Now beloved, it is very plain to see from this passage of Scripture that the Sabbath was given only to the nation of Israel, never to the Gentiles. No place in the Scriptures did God tell the church to observe the seventh day. God tells us here that the Sabbath was to be a sign only "between Him and the children of Israel." See Exodus 31:17 and Ezekiel 20:20.

Incidentally, God gave my people the Jews two signs in order to distinguish them as His separate people--the Sabbath and circumcision. The first was a spiritual sign and the second a physical sign.

Now the Sabbath was a sign to distinguish Israel from all other nations. Just as the wedding ring is a sign or symbol between the husband and wife, even so the Sabbath became a sign between God and Israel. Had God given the Sabbath to every race of people it could not have been a sign of anything. If a young man gives one girl a diamond ring it is a sign of something. But if he should give a diamond to every girl he met, that would not be a sign of anything --except that he was a simpleton.

Beloved, once we understand that the Sabbath is a sign between God and Israel we can better understand why God gave them this statute. Let's notice the reason why the Jews were commanded to keep the Sabbath.
Good points! But some will keep sabbath NO MATTER WHAT! lol

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 11-28-2007, 05:33 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

Charles Halff I wish would have been Pentecostal ,but He had alot of insight on some subjects.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:22 PM
Saved And Sanctified Since 1992

Former Seventh Day Adventist here! Thank GOD I found out the truth! My problem that I have with sabbath keepers is that most of them teach the sabbath as a heaven or hell issue and dont stress being Holy Ghost Filled and Baptised in Jesus Name. Its almost as if THE SABBATH is SALVATION (but as we know, no day of worship holds salvation in it). Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:01 PM
Honorary Admin

I preach and teach a lot of principles from the Jewish roots of Christianity and I always tell people that they can keep any of the "laws" they wish, if they feel the need to, but don't require that of others. Too many make their conviction a requirement for everyone. The principle of the Sabbath is a good one! People keep it with varying degrees.

I asked a Rabbi once, as I sat in his class, about the Rabbi working as a Rabbi on the Sabbath. He looked at me with a "only a Gentile would ask a question like that" look and said that the Rabbi could take another day as the Sabbath.