Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom
Facebook

Notices

The Newsroom FYI: News & Current Events, Political Discussions, etc.

View Poll Results: Do you still support the War in Iraq?
Yes 100% 8 19.51%
No 13 31.71%
I have never supported this War. Bring the troops home. 10 24.39%
I still support the War but feel it needs new direction. 10 24.39%
I don't care. 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2007, 01:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
Thats it, speak it!!!!! The National League shall rise again!
i believe i felt the spirit when i read that, dt
Old 07-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Bro. Y, I'll never forget...

Yankees Monopoly - http://www.amazon.com/USAopoly-00149.../dp/B0001W958A

good Christmas present idea for Malvaro

"You don't need a license to preach, or teach, or win souls." RonB

"In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing. ~ John Andrew Holmes
Old 07-10-2007, 01:02 PM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvaro View Post
I packaged Rios and Hudson into a trade for an elite closer.... i think I came out good in that trade.... closer is getting me good ERA, WHIP and saves....
I don't think Rios has even scratched the surface on how good he will be. He still has more growing to do and POW, he will be a menace!
Old 07-10-2007, 01:02 PM
philjones

Quote:
My brother is an Apostolic Prof at Arizona State University. He did Poly Sci at Yale, and is smarter than all of us put together....yet....dumb as I am, I would never give him a break for his left liberal politics!! When he come up to visit, my wife will leave the room, not understanding that we can discuss (yell actually) politics and still love each other. Her family is quite reserved, he he!
MM,

My oldest son is like your brother in many ways... too smart for his own good.. Harvard undergrad, Yale Law, on sabbatical from a prestigious LA/NY law firm while clerking for a federal judge and liberal to the nth...

He went to debate camp at American University in the DC area and the first thing he told me when he came in the back door was Pop, I'm a liberal!

I almost had him converted back when he got his first pay check while a Sr. in high school and saw the taxes taken out... Now he claims to be a fiscal conservative and (a)moral liberal!

When we are together as a family my wife hides out in the back room because she knows the fur is going to fly and she is afraid I am going to wound our relationship.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:04 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjones View Post
MM,

My oldest son is like your brother in many ways... too smart for his own good.. Harvard undergrad, Yale Law, on sabbatical from a prestigious LA/NY law firm while clerking for a federal judge and liberal to the nth...

He went to debate camp at American University in the DC area and the first thing he told me when he came in the back door was Pop, I'm a liberal!

I almost had him converted back when he got his first pay check while a Sr. in high school and saw the taxes taken out... Now he claims to be a fiscal conservative and (a)moral liberal!

When we are together as a family my wife hides out in the back room because she knows the fur is going to fly and she is afraid I am going to wound our relationship.
dotn stop praying for him phil man the lord can do miracles even in a liberal heart, he just can, dt
Old 07-10-2007, 01:04 PM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

Quote:
MM,

He he, good bro, keep reaching, he will straighten out fo sho!!!!!
Old 07-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Bro. Y, I'll never forget...

Quote:
I don't think Rios has even scratched the surface on how good he will be. He still has more growing to do and POW, he will be a menace!
you're right.... and if i was in a keeper league, i would have kept him....

he'll be a 35-40HR/100-110RBI/.290-.300BA banger for the next 10 years....

"You don't need a license to preach, or teach, or win souls." RonB

"In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing. ~ John Andrew Holmes
Old 07-10-2007, 01:06 PM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

Quote:
MM,

I know I'll get in trouble with some but I couldn't resist, the last time he visited Canada, I bought him a Cuban cigar! I said for him to smuggle it back home to match his politics!!!! The sissy threw it out, haw!
Old 07-10-2007, 01:08 PM
philjones

Quote:
I know I'll get in trouble with some but I couldn't resist, the last time he visited Canada, I bought him a Cuban cigar! I said for him to smuggle it back home to match his politics!!!! The sissy threw it out, haw!
They're mostly all talk... you proved it!
Old 07-10-2007, 01:13 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Well, you and I who are NOT dunderheads have come to two different conclusions. Now, who wins the All Star game, east or West??
There is the Sr Circut and then there is real baseball. I always go for REAL BASEBALL!