Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom
Facebook

Notices

The Newsroom FYI: News & Current Events, Political Discussions, etc.

View Poll Results: Do you still support the War in Iraq?
Yes 100% 8 19.51%
No 13 31.71%
I have never supported this War. Bring the troops home. 10 24.39%
I still support the War but feel it needs new direction. 10 24.39%
I don't care. 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2007, 08:02 AM
Registered Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Cupcake, if GWB said the sky was blue, i could still hear your shrill voice calling for impeachment.
ferd, well said, i dont know you but my heart likes you, lol,dt
Old 07-10-2007, 08:49 AM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DividedThigh View Post
ferd, well said, i dont know you but my heart likes you, lol,dt
LOL! I am just trying to be a blessing brother!
Old 07-10-2007, 11:52 AM
philjones

Some of you folks blabber and blubber like dunderheads. We are not fighting a nation so much as an ideology. I sorely wish that it had been a nation that attacked us in 2001. Had that been the case this "war" would have long ago been over. We would have retaliated with unrestrained force against a nation, regardless the incidental casualties. We would have gone in with guns blazing and brought that nation to its knees! Unfortunately we are at war with radical islamists who are difficult to identify and harder still to attack without risking the lives of innocents who had no part in the original attack.

I can not wait to hear the change in some of your pathetic rhetoric when (not if) we are hit again in the United States. It will be amazing how quickly you will shift your direction on war if it hits close to home!

All that is necessary for evil to prevail is for good men to sit around and do nothing but talk about those who are trying to do something! (intentionally paraphrased)
Old 07-10-2007, 11:56 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjones View Post
Some of you folks blabber and blubber like dunderheads. We are not fighting a nation so much as an ideology. I sorely wish that it had been a nation that attacked us in 2001. Had that been the case this "war" would have long ago been over. We would have retaliated with unrestrained force against a nation, regardless the incidental casualties. We would have gone in with guns blazing and brought that nation to its knees! Unfortunately we are at war with radical islamists who are difficult to identify and harder still to attack without risking the lives of innocents who had no part in the original attack.

I can not wait to hear the change in some of your pathetic rhetoric when (not if) we are hit again in the United States. It will be amazing how quickly you will shift your direction on war if it hits close to home!

All that is necessary for evil to prevail is for good men to sit around and do nothing but talk about those who are trying to do something! (intentionally paraphrased)
very good my friend, forgetting 911 allready i guess, very sad, dt
Old 07-10-2007, 12:05 PM
Bro. Y, I'll never forget...

Quote:

a) So anyone that oppose the war are "dunderheads" now??? I'll have to add that one to my list....

b) i agree that we fight an ideology instead of an actual nation, thats why we will theoretically never have closure.... we could have troops stationed over there until the Lord comes....

c) i agree that the US will very likely be attacked again, sometime someplace.... another question needs to be asked is why can't we place a higher priority in securing our own borders.... as anyone could get in if they really, really wanted.... and if they can get in, they can cause trouble....

d) all i can do is a) pray for the leaders making the decisions, soldiers bravely involved in military action.... and as a civilian, b) talk about it....

I just wish the goals of this war were more tangible, thus measurable.... eventually the US military is going to be stretched so thin they will lose effectiveness in other areas as well....

"You don't need a license to preach, or teach, or win souls." RonB

"In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing. ~ John Andrew Holmes
Old 07-10-2007, 12:12 PM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

Quote:

Speaking of "Dunderheads" Iraq has nothing to do with 911!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is not a war of christian US ideology against radical islamists...it's us butting in a country trying to free that country from an dictator, that was done...guess what charlie, nothing is fixed. WE are only a country that has been in existence for over 200 years, we cannot go in and "fix" a struggle that has been around forever. THE US IS NOT THE WORLD'S POLICE!!!!!!!

How dare you imply that I forgot 911, I was there 1 week before, some of their faces are forever etched in my memory, I have been there many times since to remember fallen heroes.

You guys always try to paint with the same brush for anyone who is against a war. If you even had a clue about me, you would know that I have supported most of the conflicts/wars that this great nation felt to partake in....NOT THIS ONE!! Is Colin Powell unpatriotic and a dunderhead??? Answer yes, and we see your ignorance.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:19 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvaro View Post
a) So anyone that oppose the war are "dunderheads" now??? I'll have to add that one to my list....

b) i agree that we fight an ideology instead of an actual nation, thats why we will theoretically never have closure.... we could have troops stationed over there until the Lord comes....

c) i agree that the US will very likely be attacked again, sometime someplace.... another question needs to be asked is why can't we place a higher priority in securing our own borders.... as anyone could get in if they really, really wanted.... and if they can get in, they can cause trouble....

d) all i can do is a) pray for the leaders making the decisions, soldiers bravely involved in military action.... and as a civilian, b) talk about it....

I just wish the goals of this war were more tangible, thus measurable.... eventually the US military is going to be stretched so thin they will lose effectiveness in other areas as well....
if you dont like Dunderhead, you can use "(removed)"

Last edited by Malvaro; 07-10-2007 at 12:30 PM. Reason: removed slang
Old 07-10-2007, 12:22 PM
philjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
This is not a war of christian US ideaology against radical islamists...it's us butting in a country trying to free that country from an dictator, that was done...guess what charlie, nothing is fixed. WE are only country that has been in existence for over 200 years, we cannot go in and "fix" a struggle that has been around forever. THE US IS NOT THE WORLD'S POLICE!!!!!!!

How dare you imply that I forgot 911, I was there 1 week before, some of their faces are forever etched in my memory, I have been there many times since to remember fallen heroes.

You guys always try to paint with the same brush for anyone who is against a war. If you even had a clue about me, you would know that I have supported most of the conflicts/wars that this great nation felt to partake in....NOT THIS ONE!! Is Colin Powell unpatriotic and a dunderhead??? Answer yes, and we see your ignorance.
Perhaps you have been in Canada too long, Monkeyman... you are starting to sound like a pacifist.

You seem to not understand that there IS a connection between the war in Iraq and the war on terror.

The reason you supported every war we ever fought is because you were not alive for any of them. It is easy to be a historical patriot. How about standing up to be a present patriot? I would love for the USA to be an isolationist nation but that is not possible. Your rhetoric about us butting in is sad.

Further, if you will quit blabbering and blundering you will no longer be behaving LIKE a dunderhead and will not be associated with such.

As for Colin Powell, he like other men has been wrong more than just this once. Call that view ignorant if you like, I call it honest!

Old 07-10-2007, 12:22 PM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

Quote:
Perhaps you have been in Canada too long, Monkeyman... you are starting to sound like a pacifist.

You seem to not understand that there IS a connection between the war in Iraq and the war on terror.

The reason you supported every war we ever fought is because you were not alive for any of them. It is easy to be a historical patriot. How about standing up to be a present patriot? I would love for the USA to be an isolationist nation but that is not possible. Your rhetoric about us butting in is sad.

Further, if you will quit blabbering and blundering you will no longer be behaving LIKE a dunderhead and will not be associated with such.

As for Colin Powell, he like other men has been wrong more than just this once. Call that view ignorant if you like, I call it honest!

Naw, ignorant will suffice.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:23 PM
Bro. Y, I'll never forget...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
This is not a war of christian US ideaology against radical islamists...it's us butting in a country trying to free that country from an dictator, that was done...guess what charlie, nothing is fixed. WE are only country that has been in existence for over 200 years, we cannot go in and "fix" a struggle that has been around forever. THE US IS NOT THE WORLD'S POLICE!!!!!!!

How dare you imply that I forgot 911, I was there 1 week before, I have been there many times since to remember fallen heroes.

a) it is Islamic bondage and methods of intimidation vs the Western free world though....

b) i agree that the US has not been commissioned to be the World's Police.... although they have taken that responsibility upon itself many, many times before.... some successes, others failures....

"You don't need a license to preach, or teach, or win souls." RonB

"In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing. ~ John Andrew Holmes