Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-11-2007, 07:04 PM
The LORD will fight for you

I Have AIDS

I figured that would get your attention.

The thread I started this morning was one I felt compelled to share because on the attached video it spoke of the shame of AIDS. It spoke of those that needed an example of grace because for so many dying with AIDS there haven't been many examples to cause them to believe that God's grace was sufficient for even their needs.

Many of you I've known or I've met through my years of association with the UPCI. I didn't leave the UPCI, but I realized that it had left me. I am dying of AIDS. I know longer will hide in shame for I was made in my God's image: Though flawed and scarred, I won't ever forget his work in my life. I've lost my wife, my family, my church, but I thank God everyday that I have not lost my faith. I didn't let the tragedies of life harden my heart. I'm no saint by any stretch of the imagination, I'm just a product of my maker's hands.

This day was significant for me in many ways. First of all, for me to telling you of my condition was liberating and a huge step for me personally. The other significance of this day was when I began typing this post, I heard the many thousands who were marching in today's AIDS walk along Allen Parkway. I live just off of Allen Parkway in downtown Houston and I forgot that today was the march.

I was there marching with them this time last year, though I was ill, I finished the walk. I didn't want to believe it would be my last one, but somehow I knew it would be. I'm thankful that there are those that take the time to care about raising awareness and funds in the battle against AIDS.

I've been very emotional today realizing the tremendous need of workers to minister to the outcast of our society: Workers who know Jesus and could be an effective tool of the Lord to reach those nearest to death.

Through my ministry, I've worked side by side with many people including gay ministers. Many who meant well by devoting their time to AIDS suffers, but became an obstacle to their salvation. Without the power of the Holy Ghost and the authority of Jesus' name the devils won't leave those on their death beds. He almost has them for eternity.

I've witnessed souls that at the very last moment screamed Jesus, Jesus! The screams of one bound for hell. There are people on this forum who have been deceived if they think there is no hell. Sit beside a bed of a man who saw the demons coming for him, who earlier denied there ever was a Christ and yet spent his last bit of energy screaming in terror for mercy.

We are living in the last days and there is such a spirit of deception that's been at work for many years and it is now that we see the fruits of that spirit. That spirit is the spirit of the Antichrist. God wants us to live in liberty and grace, but don't comprise the truth to the point that deception.

This week God showed me that his word was true once again. I had been contemplating for several months whether to sell my house and move to something more manageable. I have all this space, but I only live in three rooms. It just didn't make a whole lot of sense to stay here.

I was approached by a lady I knew while working and she told me that God had spoken to her about me and she had a home that she wanted me to come look at. It just so happens that she lives in a home directly behind the one she wanted me to look at.

She lost both of her parents in the last two years and never had any children. She had been lonely and while praying in a Catholic mass the Lord whispered my name to her. I was able to go see the home this week and I knew it was God's plan and his timing.

He promised to give us the desires of our hearts if we would follow him and not only does he give us what we desire, he ensures that every detail is giving to us.

I wanted two master bedrooms for privacy if the time came that I would need assistance and personal care. Also, I wanted a space for my home office and lots of windows to let in the sunshine. Not only did he give me all of that, but each bathroom has those big cast iron tubs, with the claw feet just like the one from my childhood. Only Jesus knew that I wanted a big cast iron tub with claw feet that I can take long baths.

I thank my loving Jesus who gave me life and hope through the darkest of times. I lift him up and give him all that I have for he is all that I ever wanted. He is my everything. I spend every day with him: He loved me and accepted me when no one would: He never left me when others fled: He was my family when I had no family: He gave strength and encouragement when hope seemed all but lost.

I apologize for this being so lengthy, but I'm not sure if after what I've disclosed if I would be welcomed back. I would want you to know that people need love and fellowship regardless of what society would think of them. Give a part of yourself to minister to others outside of your comfort zone. I'm not asking for myself...I'm asking for those who would never ask for fear of being rejected.

May God richly bless you and keep you in perfect peace. Never put limits on the grace and mercy of our Father.

chosenbyone
livingbygrace

PS: Cooper you keep fighting the good fight and pray daily that God would heal the wounds that you may not even see: Sister, Rhoni, send me an email. I'm looking forward to your visit next month: RRford, Coonskinner and Malvaro give Rhoni a break and pick on each other for awhile: Dan thanks for sharing your tunes and being a cool brother in the Lord. You made me laugh on days that laughter was much needed: Falla39 thank you for being a lovely example of a Christian: Barb your sweet nature really shines on this forum. Your toughness and your smile reminds me of my dear mother: Felicity don't change a thing....your simplistic style of writing and your wit brought many smiles....you're so sweet.

http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...&postcount=214
http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...&postcount=222

Isaiah 53:5: "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."(KJV)

"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." Dwight L. Moody
Old 03-11-2007, 07:21 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

Dear Brother in Christ and friend,
I have never met you. I did feel the spirit of the Lord come over me when I read your post. I know the Lord has used it to include me in your walk. Your willingness to share wilth us took much strength and faith. It was not the wrong thing to do.

Please reach me via PM and you will always have someone you can talk with....

Your Brother in Christ,

Nathan Eckstadt
Old 03-11-2007, 07:25 PM
Registered Member

Chosenbyone,

Rhoni gave you good advice. Did you take her advice?

You seem resigned to going to be with the Lord. Maybe He has more for you to do?

I'll be praying for you.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:38 PM
My Family!

Chosenbyone,

I hope that you find more laughter and support from this forum in the days to come!
Old 03-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Honorary Admin

CBY, your honesty should be disarming to any who would dare to criticize you. Obviously, you know that the only freedom comes from a person, not a doctrine; a relationship and not a religion. It is the ONLY thing that sets the captive free.

May the Lord use you to help those who are in bondage find HIM and the true freedom that will take them to glory!!! D:
Old 03-11-2007, 08:06 PM

My dear brother,

I am humbled by your candor. I am here ....as a friend and brother in Christ.

Please tell me what I can do ... I'm here for you ... PMed you, Chosen.

I will be praying for you.

In His and your service,
Dan
Old 03-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Wouldn't Take Nothin' For My Journey Now!

I Have AIDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosenbyone View Post
I figured that would get your attention.

The thread I started this morning was one I felt compelled to share because on the attached video it spoke of the shame of AIDS. It spoke of those that needed an example of grace because for so many dying with AIDS there haven't been many examples to cause them to believe that God's grace was sufficient for even their needs.

Many of you I've known or I've met through my years of association with the UPCI. I didn't leave the UPCI, but I realized that it had left me. I am dying of AIDS. I know longer will hide in shame for I was made in my God's image: Though flawed and scarred, I won't ever forget his work in my life. I've lost my wife, my family, my church, but I thank God everyday that I have not lost my faith. I didn't let the tragedies of life harden my heart. I'm no saint by any stretch of the imagination, I'm just a product of my maker's hands.

This day was significant for me in many ways. First of all, for me to telling you of my condition was liberating and a huge step for me personally. The other significance of this day was when I began typing this post, I heard the many thousands who were marching in today's AIDS walk along Allen Parkway. I live just off of Allen Parkway in downtown Houston and I forgot that today was the march.

I was there marching with them this time last year, though I was ill, I finished the walk. I didn't want to believe it would be my last one, but somehow I knew it would be. I'm thankful that there are those that take the time to care about raising awareness and funds in the battle against AIDS.

I've been very emotional today realizing the tremendous need of workers to minister to the outcast of our society: Workers who know Jesus and could be an effective tool of the Lord to reach those nearest to death.

Through my ministry, I've worked side by side with many people including gay ministers. Many who meant well by devoting their time to AIDS suffers, but became an obstacle to their salvation. Without the power of the Holy Ghost and the authority of Jesus' name the devils won't leave those on their death beds. He almost has them for eternity.

I've witnessed souls that at the very last moment screamed Jesus, Jesus! The screams of one bound for hell. There are people on this forum who have been deceived if they think there is no hell. Sit beside a bed of a man who saw the demons coming for him, who earlier denied there ever was a Christ and yet spent his last bit of energy screaming in terror for mercy.

We are living in the last days and there is such a spirit of deception that's been at work for many years and it is now that we see the fruits of that spirit. That spirit is the spirit of the Antichrist. God wants us to live in liberty and grace, but don't comprise the truth to the point that deception.

This week God showed me that his word was true once again. I had been contemplating for several months whether to sell my house and move to something more manageable. I have all this space, but I only live in three rooms. It just didn't make a whole lot of sense to stay here.

I was approached by a lady I knew while working and she told me that God had spoken to her about me and she had a home that she wanted me to come look at. It just so happens that she lives in a home directly behind the one she wanted me to look at.

She lost both of her parents in the last two years and never had any children. She had been lonely and while praying in a Catholic mass the Lord whispered my name to her. I was able to go see the home this week and I knew it was God's plan and his timing.

He promised to give us the desires of our hearts if we would follow him and not only does he give us what we desire, he ensures that every detail is giving to us.

I wanted two master bedrooms for privacy if the time came that I would need assistance and personal care. Also, I wanted a space for my home office and lots of windows to let in the sunshine. Not only did he give me all of that, but each bathroom has those big cast iron tubs, with the claw feet just like the one from my childhood. Only Jesus knew that I wanted a big cast iron tub with claw feet that I can take long baths.

I thank my loving Jesus who gave me life and hope through the darkest of times. I lift him up and give him all that I have for he is all that I ever wanted. He is my everything. I spend every day with him: He loved me and accepted me when no one would: He never left me when others fled: He was my family when I had no family: He gave strength and encouragement when hope seemed all but lost.

I apologize for this being so lengthy, but I'm not sure if after what I've disclosed if I would be welcomed back. I would want you to know that people need love and fellowship regardless of what society would think of them. Give a part of yourself to minister to others outside of your comfort zone. I'm not asking for myself...I'm asking for those who would never ask for fear of being rejected.

May God richly bless you and keep you in perfect peace. Never put limits on the grace and mercy of our Father.

chosenbyone
livingbygrace

PS: Cooper you keep fighting the good fight and pray daily that God would heal the wounds that you may not even see: Sister, Rhoni, send me an email. I'm looking forward to your visit next month: RRford, Coonskinner and Malvaro give Rhoni a break and pick on each other for awhile: Dan thanks for sharing your tunes and being a cool brother in the Lord. You made me laugh on days that laughter was much needed: Falla39 thank you for being a lovely example of a Christian: Barb your sweet nature really shines on this forum. Your toughness and your smile reminds me of my dear mother: Felicity don't change a thing....your simplistic style of writing and your wit brought many smiles....you're so sweet.

http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...&postcount=214
http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...&postcount=222

Dear Brother,

God bless you for your openness, and honesty! We are told in God's

Word that he that confesseth his sin and forsaketh it shall find mercy!!

Those who hide their sin, it will not be well with them. We have all, in

different ways sinned and come short of God's mercy. But we have found

mercy because we did not continue but forsook sin and confessed it, first

of all to Jesus Christ, who is the ONE who died for our sins. Oh what that

should mean to every sinner saved by the power and grace of Almighty God!!

Brother, I just heard someone say recently that they are very close to

finding a cure for Aids. Even so, our God can totally heal ANY disease. So

don't give up HOPE just yet! God may not be through with you yet! Take

courage, God is BIGGER and GREATER than we have ever been able to

comprehend with our minds! I truly believe that!!

May God direct your path as you look to Him for your future. We all are

doing the same thing! We all have to trust our lives and futures in His

Precious Nail-scarred Hands!! I wish I could kiss HIS PRECIOUS HANDS and

tell HIM how very much I love HIM and want to do except HIS PERFECT

WILL!!

Blessings, Brother, in Jesus Name!

Falla39
Old 03-11-2007, 09:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosenbyone View Post
OK I will bite. There are no gay ministers. Homosexuality is still sin.

For the record; I had a "gay" friend who was dying of AIDS and mislead a couple of forums for possibly a year. He led us to believe he had come back to Christ and repented of his sins. After we all got to know him and care deeply about him, he led us to believe he died.

Only later we found out he was still alive and very much still a player and in fact had attempted to recruit another poster who was having issues.

So forgive me if this post comes across on the harsh side; but I already been there (sympathetic), done that and have the tshirt. Now I am gun-shy.

Do you believe homosexuality is a sin; rather in a monagamous relationship or not?
Old 03-11-2007, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newman View Post

For the record; I had a "gay" friend who was dying of AIDS and mislead a couple of forums for possibly a year. He led us to believe he had come back to Christ and repented of his sins. After we all got to know him and care deeply about him, he led us to believe he died.

Only later we found out he was still alive and very much still a player and in fact had attempted to recruit another poster who was having issues.

So forgive me if this post comes across on the harsh side; but I already been there (sympathetic), done that and have the tshirt. Now I am gun-shy.

Do you believe homosexuality is a sin; rather in a monagamous relationship or not?
Speechless.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:38 PM
Non-Resident Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newman View Post

I'd like to hear the answer to this too.

Quote:
There are no gay ministers. Homosexuality is still sin.
Amen.