Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Playground > Sports Arena
Facebook

Notices

Sports Arena For all those who want to talk sports...

Old 08-11-2008, 01:26 PM
Registered Member

Re: United States Men Beat Frogs For Gold!!!

i dont think there is any comparison whatsoever to the n word and frog, and if you are french i am sorry for that, dt
Old 08-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Used to be just an underdog...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
The USA men who were underdogs to the vaunted French 4x100 swimming relay team pulled off an upset tonight in the Olympics and won the Gold medal.

In addition to the Gold Medal they broke all prevoius world records for that event.

The best part is that when one of the French swimmers was asked awhile back about facing the Americans in this event at the Olympics he stated that the Americans were why they were coming to the Olympics and that the French team was going to crush the Americans!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!
I have to assume that you're completely ignorant in your use of the term "frog". You should consider your words and their meaning before you hit the keyboard. This is definitely a derogatory term - especially in the context you used it.

It blows my mind how christians/pentecostals/apostolics can open their mouths to say things, or pick up a pen to write something, or hit the keys on a computer keyboard without engaging their brain AND heart about what they're communicating! Doesn't anyone follow WWJD - What Would Jesus Do/Say/Write...???? Or maybe their Jesus is a rude, uncouth, racist who cares about no one else except themselves and their "type"!
Old 08-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Rebel with a cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDog View Post
I have to assume that you're completely ignorant in your use of the term "frog". You should consider your words and their meaning before you hit the keyboard. This is definitely a derogatory term - especially in the context you used it.

It blows my mind how christians/pentecostals/apostolics can open their mouths to say things, or pick up a pen to write something, or hit the keys on a computer keyboard without engaging their brain AND heart about what they're communicating! Doesn't anyone follow WWJD - What Would Jesus Do/Say/Write...???? Or maybe their Jesus is a rude, uncouth, racist who cares about no one else except themselves and their "type"!
Can we assume that you are French?
"Many people view their relationship with God like a "color by number" picture. It's easier to let someone else define the boundaries, tell them which blanks to fill in, and what color to use than it is for them to take a blank canvas and seek inspiration from the Source in order to paint their own masterpiece"
Old 08-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Used to be just an underdog...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Phelps View Post
Can we assume that you are French?
I could ask anyone who supports this type of adolescent "name calling" at best, or racism at worst - if they are racists???????

Actually, no - I'm not French. I'm not black either but that doesn't mean I condone racist terms for black folks. I'm not Indian or Pakistani or Polish or Jewish - it doesn't mean I support calling them terms that are offensive or racist!

Again - especially in the context of being "Christ like" this is very disconcerting.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:32 PM
Rebel with a cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDog View Post
I could ask anyone who supports this type of adolescent "name calling" at best, or racism at worst - if they are racists???????

Actually, no - I'm not French. I'm not black either but that doesn't mean I condone racist terms for black folks. I'm not Indian or Pakistani or Polish or Jewish - it doesn't mean I support calling them terms that are offensive or racist!

Again - especially in the context of being "Christ like" this is very disconcerting.
Well, I for one, had no idea Frog was a derogatory term. It's MUCH different than the "n" word, since the "n" word has absolutely NO place in the English language, whereas "frog" describes an amphibian.

Which is probably why I never would have thought of it as a derogatory term.

I suppose we should not refer to people as "work horses" or "old dogs" or "sly foxes".
"Many people view their relationship with God like a "color by number" picture. It's easier to let someone else define the boundaries, tell them which blanks to fill in, and what color to use than it is for them to take a blank canvas and seek inspiration from the Source in order to paint their own masterpiece"
Old 08-11-2008, 03:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DividedThigh View Post
i dont think there is any comparison whatsoever to the n word and frog, and if you are french i am sorry for that, dt
I am neither French or non white, but the n word and the frog word are equally offensive to me,I am appalled that cc1 used this term.I feel that derogatory terms are not needed to score a point.

-Corrie Ten Boom
Old 08-11-2008, 03:43 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

I just got a warm and fuzzy. I found new ways to insult the french!

The french. Lovers of gassy wine, stinky cheese and losing wars.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:43 PM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

To my american buddies, there is a huge french canadian population on the East Coast of Canada and since a lot of NBers and former NBers post here, they are fighting your use of the word "frog", they also don't use the word Indian but Native. This is where you show your restraint, he he. To my Canadian buddies...After living in Canada for a while I have become used to the idea of showing respect to my french neighbors and KNOW of the racism that exists here and what the Christians try to avoid...but....you gotta know...Americans DESPISE all things French.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:45 PM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I just got a warm and fuzzy. I found new ways to insult the french!

The french. Lovers of gassy wine, stinky cheese and losing wars.
I almost got kicked out of my hotel after shouting and shockamooing in my room!!!!! What a smackdown!!! They were so pompous and cocky *ahem, Americans are never like this* he he he
Old 08-11-2008, 03:45 PM
Rebel with a cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
To my american buddies, there is a huge french canadian population on the East Coast of Canada and since a lot of NBers and former NBers post here, they are fighting your use of the word "frog", they also don't use the word Indian but Native. This is where you show your restraint, he he. To my Canadian buddies...After living in Canada for a while I have become used to the idea of showing respect to my french neighbors and KNOW of the racism that exists here and what the Christians try to avoid...but....you gotta know...Americans DESPISE all things French.
And, I'm quite sure, vice versa.