Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
advice, christian, frustrated, god, money

Old 09-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Registered Member

Personal Responsibility

I am having a hard time trying to factor in "personal repsonsibility" in making serious, life altering decisions.

It really, really frustrates and annoy me when things continue to go bad when I have the personal power to stop the madness so to speak.

So when it looks bad, and when things go bad, I am the one responsible for my life and my life's decisions.

What about the God Factor? No one cares about the God Factor when it comes to my personal repsonsibilites.

When is He responsible and when is it ever acceptable to "place the responsibility for bad" on God?

Never! I know this in my head and in my heart. Yet I am frustrated.

I am supposed to live my life in a way that pleases Him-- including listening to and obeying the godly advice of people like my Pastor.

So I am struggling financially-- still don't see a clear end in sight, and I think I am going to go against the advice I was given and seek employment overseas.

Of course it does not sit well to think this, type this or say this.

No, I haven't spoke with him about this.

But I am tired.

Nothing is working out in a way where I can make financial progress.

I can make it paycheck to paycheck.

Maybe in a few months, I'll be able to start putting some towards paying off my nearly 50K in debts-- but if the current trends continue, there will be some other crisis. If not immediately, it will come sooner or later, something to deter my financial well being.

It will be much quicker for me to pay off my debts and move on with my life in a half a year then to be continued to be saddled with this for however how long it takes.

Who will pay my bills?

Did God step in and stop my foreclosure?

How about the other financial stuff that is on my record-- where is He?

How come no one wants to forgive me of my debts? I've already forgiven so many people, so many times, concerning so many issues. I have forgiven them.

Where is the guy that gives the advice to not do this or not do that?

Maybe he wants to pay me bills for me.

Why do I feel like my hands are tied?

I feel like I am just plain lost and that my efforts to seek God and a closer relationship with Him are not only vain, but costly-- which makes what I'm doing, or maybe the way I am going about doing what I'm doing stupid and foolish.

Like I know God cares and loves. He provides. He blesses. He lifts up.

But if He is Sovereign, He took my job away knowing that I would not be able to pay off my debts without it. He knew that a couple years later that I would be somewhere in Florida, wondering how I could have messed my life up financially so badly when it could have been different if He had just let me keep my job. He knew that when I would seek advice on going overseas, I would be advised against itm, thus setting up my life for more financial ruin and even legal issues-- all of which could have been avoided.

Honestly, I really know how I can fix this even now or how to have avoided all of this from the get go.

It just makes me so frustrated and angry!

My life is all my fault-- it's all my responsibility, but what about God?

Where is HE in this?

Nothing makes any sense and I am just tired of all the BS that could have been avoided!

The last couple of years have been utter lunacy! Pretty much, I have failed at life, and that miserably.

He's God. I'm man. He's my Creator-- who am I to demand anything of Him. I won't.

I will tell Him that I am tired and I am done with going in this direction.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Re: Personal Responsibility

What did God force you to do?
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 09-08-2010, 05:27 PM
Love God, Love Your Neighbor

In what way would going overseas be a bad thing? Do you think it would be a bad thing?
Old 09-08-2010, 06:31 PM
Registered Member

In my personal experience, I have found many pastors have trouble giving unbiased advice if it means you will be leaving their church.

Every move I have made, I know it was the will of God. One time, the pastor agreed with me, that it was the will of God. I greatly respect him for it.

Twice, I've had pastors strongly discourage me from moving when I knew it was the will of God. ( I moved anyway.)

I guess I'm saying do what you feel is right, if you're not violating God's laws.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:38 PM
Registered Member

Dont sweat it bro, your hero Obama is gonna rescue you! he will pay your mortgage and give you free healthcare.I heard him say it, Yes i did
Old 09-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Registered Member

Old 09-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canam View Post
Dont sweat it bro, your hero Obama is gonna rescue you! he will pay your mortgage and give you free healthcare.I heard him say it, Yes i did
Old 09-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Jermyn, you stated, , "I think I am going to go against the advice I was given and seek employment overseas.Of course it does not sit well to think this, type this or say this. No, I haven't spoke with him about this."

Who are we talking about here? A professional counselor?

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 09-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canam View Post
He is the little messiah. He will make banks settle
bank debts at a discount
Old 09-08-2010, 08:59 PM
crakjak

I recommend Dave Ramsey's book, "Total Money Makeover", changing location will not change behavior. Dave gives the steps to get out of debt and to stay out, remember: "... if you will live like no one else..." to get out of debt then: "...you can live like no one else..." debt free. "Stop listening to your broke...friends..."

You can be debt free, no car payments, no house payments, and sooner that you might imagine. But it is hard for a while.
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org