Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-23-2007, 10:05 AM
Registered Member

Scott & Linda Guinn Update - Good News

The following is from Bro. Guinn

We thank God for His protecting hand on our family! We decided to travel to St.Louis, Missouri after our National Convention in Tampico, Tamaulipas Mexico. Praise God for 1,030 that were filled with the Holy Ghost, several healings and victories!

We went to see our pastor’s wife, Sis. Mary Dugas and take care of some business in St.Louis. After 4 days we were returning to Mexico. We were an hour outside of Oklahoma City (where I was scheduled to preach for Bro. Mark Parker) when I asked my wife to drive while I went over my notes for that evening.

About 5 minutes later we came upon construction where the highway narrowed to one lane with a concrete wall on the left side, speed was reduced to 45 miles an hour. A tractor trailer behind us did not slow down and impacted our GMC Yukon at an estimated speed of 70 to 75 miles an hour. This pushed us into the side of an Oklahoma Highway patrol car and the stalled truck he was parked behind. (It was all captured on the patrol cars camera). There was also a Ford Taurus with a mother and her 15 month old baby that was caught between the tractor trailer and the wall and drug several hundred feet until it stopped. Everyone except Neil was knocked unconscious by the impact, we never saw it coming.

One Highway patrol officer witnessed everything and another was responding to help his partner when the accident occurred. God had help on the scene and on the way before we ever had the accident! The police told us there were many people who rushed to our aid, among them was one man in particular who told those helping how many people were in each vehicle, and as they extracted us he told them what the injuries were with each person. He was there until the paramedics arrived, afterwards he was gone, no one knew his name or where he went to!
We were taken to 4 different hospitals by helicopter and ambulance but thank God one week later we are all out and thanking God for sparing our lives. One doctor told my son Nicholas, “I don’t normally believe in “stuff” like this but someone was looking out for you.” Another doctor told me, “I have been an emergency room doctor for 30 years and I have never seen someone just walk away from an accident like this.” The Highway patrol officer who wrote up the accident report told me, “Your boys should be dead; the hand of God was with you.”
We have received many messages of comfort and prayers but two in particular show us the hand of God. Sis. Kandra Robertson MK in Tanzania wrote;

“Sunday morning, August 12, I woke up with such a heavy burden on my heart for Nick and Nate. After having a dream about them the previous night, I told my sister, Tessa, “I don’t know why, but for some reason the Guinn ‘Guys’ have been on my heart ALL day long.” Off and on Sunday, I would say a prayer for y’all. As I was cleaning the kitchen after dinner, I prayed,” God, I don’t know what Nick and Nate are going thru right now, I don’t know the situations they are facing, but I ask that You would be with them and put Your angels around them”.

Bro. Alfonzo Gonzalez our District Secretary and right hand man in Puebla, Mexico wrote, “the Sunday of your accident as I was praying for various needs before church, I felt strongly to pray for the protection of you and your family, that God would bring back you safely back to Mexico. DURING MY PRAYER, (IN MY MIND) I SAW YOUR FAMILY TRAVELLING DOWN THE HIGHWAY! Without a doubt God knew what was going to happen.

My wife reported on the condition of everyone:
Scott – My husband, thank God, is ok. His head was lacerated and he received staples. He has been so strong helping all of us and running from one hospital to the other.

Linda – I was unconscious for quite a while but thank God everything is all right. I look the scariest J I have stitches on my forehead and both eyelids, both eyes are black and swollen. My arms, legs and feet are also bruised. The patrolman told my husband they had blocked me with a sheet because they thought I was dying at the scene of the accident due to my lack of movement or response and Neil was trying to get to me. God had other plans!

Nathan – his jaw is broke along with several teeth. He was operated on and will have his jaw wired shut for several weeks. He also slit his chin open and has several stitches. He was bleeding from one ear but thank God there is no permanent damage.

Nicholas– his liver was torn as well as bruising to the kidneys and spleen. Two ribs were fractured and he suffered quite a concussion. Thank God with time and rest he will be fine.

Neil- Thank God other than a slight spot on his spleen and soreness he is fine. He was conscious the whole time and said that he checked our pulses to see if we were alive. He was very brave.
Thank God for every miracle he performed! We thank Him for sparing our lives!
To God Be the Glory!

We especially are grateful to our friend Rev. Mark Parker and the saints of Southern Oaks United Pentecostal Church as well as Bro. Kevin Borders Foreign Missions Director of Oklahoma for being at the hospital and with our family every step of the way. Brother Dan McKinnies just got in his car and drove 10 hours to be here with us. Words cannot express our gratitude for the kindness and concern which they have shown to us! We will forever be grateful for everything they have done for us.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:08 AM
His Eminance, High Potatohead Potatotate

Wow!!!!
Old 08-23-2007, 02:04 PM
Administrator

God is so good!
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:17 PM
Sister Alvear

I am weeping and rejoicing with our fellow missionaries. God is good.

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear