Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-28-2012, 11:34 AM
Wouldn't Take Nothin' For My Journey Now!

Falla39's Grandson's Article Featured in PH

http://www.pentecostalherald.com/

Our 18 yr. old grandson, Landon Gore's article "Are You Afraid to Draw Your Sword?", is featured in the July 2012 of the Pentecostal Herald. Landon Paul Gore graduated this
past May. having been homeschooled all of his life.
He is working with his grandfather (Bro.Falla39), this summer in his computer sales and repair store. Landon plans on attending Texas Bible College in the fall.

Falla39 and husband will celebrate 53 yrs of marriage July 11th. They "trained up" six adult children, three sons and three daughters. The six children and their spouses have given Falla39 and husband 22 grandchildren (16 boys, 6 girls, and the eldest grandson and wife, have given them two Great-grandchildren). The two eldest grandsons are licensed ministers. Two other grandsons have recognized the call of GOD on their lives. One of them graduated last year and attended Bible School that fall until May 2012. Landon graduated this May and plans to attend Bible College in the fall. These grandsons early training and education didn't began when they graduated from high school. It began from a child. They were "trained up in the way they SHOULD go"!

Paul saw the value of young Timothy in the ministry because that "from a child thou has known the Holy Scriptures which are able to make thee wise unto salvation, through faith which is in Christ Jesus".
Paul knew his grandmother Lois and his mother, Eunice had done a good job in "training Timothy up! I am what I am today because of a godly grandmother, godly parents, and most of all, THE GOD who is able to make one wise unto salvation, through faith which is in CHRIST JESUS! ALL scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitabe for doctrine (teaching). for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man/woman may be perfect (mature) throughly furnished unto all good works.

Falla39
Old 06-28-2012, 03:42 PM
of 9!! :)

Re: Falla39's Grandson's Article Featured in PH

Awesome article! I know you are proud of your grandson!
Old 06-28-2012, 04:37 PM

Yes, proud and Thankful!
Old 06-28-2012, 08:50 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

You have to be proud.

It's neat to see an article in the Herald by someone you know.

I've had an article in the Herald twice
Old 06-29-2012, 02:52 AM
Covenant Apostolic

very nice
Old 06-29-2012, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
You have to be proud.

It's neat to see an article in the Herald by someone you know.

I've had an article in the Herald twice
Bro. Sam, why don't you post your article. I would love to read it!

To have your article published in the Herald twice! Wow!

Blessings,

Falla39

Last edited by Falla39; 06-29-2012 at 05:00 AM.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:13 AM
Loving God, His Word, His Name

Good article. The boy has talent that needs to be harvested and encouraged in this day and age. He is a testimony of great learning and strong devotion to God. Awesome! Congratulations Falla39!

Also though, let me state this, that when we do draw the Sword, we must be sure that we are skilled enough with it to not induce wounds of friendly fire, hurting our friends and brethren as we wield the Sword.

Apostolic Defender Ministries
The Apostolic Defender Podcast on Spotify

Last edited by UnTraditional; 06-29-2012 at 05:34 AM.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:03 AM
Banned

Unless the response is "ty sir, may I have another,"
I'm not sure that that is possible w/o compromise...

Awesome, Falla!
Old 06-29-2012, 08:39 AM
Administrator

Congratulations to Landon! I know you are proud grandparents. In this day and age it is good to see young people headed in the right direction.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 06-29-2012, 09:27 AM

Thank you, CC1
Yes, we are very thankful for Landon and also the other 21 grandchildren. And the two Great-Grands!
Landon, himself did not know that his writing was being published until someone called and told him a couple of days before the Herald came out. Told him that his article would be in the July issue. Of course, he was pleasantly surprised!
Last year the Herald did an issue "The Young Church Speaks" They decided to do another issue. The Editorial is entitled "The Young Church Speaks AGAIN".

Falla39