Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-12-2014, 12:58 PM
no longer questioning....

Top 5 to Avoid...Look who is on the List!

http://thereforegodexists.com/2013/1...hers-to-avoid/
Old 01-12-2014, 01:36 PM
Banned

Re: Top 5 to Avoid...Look who is on the List!

he seems to have avoided putting himself at #1, hmm...
Old 01-12-2014, 01:40 PM
Recovering Pharisee

So, a young man with his knickers in a twist over whatever his UPC experience was has a website to 'defend truth' yet he is either not nearly as learned or intelligent as he claims, or he is dishonest and has no problem misrepresenting what David Bernard teaches when he claims Bernard teaches only people saved in his churches and baptized by his ordained ministers are saved. Actually as I browse his website, I believe it is a combination of both. He should take more care in the statements he makes lest somebody who is a big fan of one of the more popular persons on his list takes issue with his comments and makes slander or libel charges.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:43 PM
Don't ask.

Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 01-12-2014, 02:45 PM
Saved by Grace

Reminds me of one of those problems in school, "which one doesn't belong"?

I'm not surprised DKB catches some flak BECAUSE he is leading the UPC. But to lump him in with Osteen, Meyer, Bentley, and Benny Hinn? Wow.

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill
Old 01-12-2014, 03:33 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
He teaches that only his church, and people who are baptized by his ordained ministers, are saved

Never heard Bernard teach that about the UPC
Quote:
He compares his movement to the Protestant reformation, in that there are thousands of years of orthodoxy that he is calling into question.
Then include on the list Protestant Reformers who did not exist until after Luther
Quote:
Bernard rejects trinitarian theology, in favor of modalism, and teaches that if you disagree, then you are an unsaved heretic.
I've also never heard Bernard say "if you disagree you are an unsaved heretic".

But I have a question, why is it ok for Trinitarians to refer to everyone else as an unsaved heretic?

Quote:
But Bernard condemns the entire body of Christ aside from his bizarre denomination
Never heard Bernard do that either, even if he believes that Bernard tends to be much more diplomatic than that.

Quote:
Thus, he rejects salvation by grace through faith (even though he claims to affirm it).
Anyone can point fingers at the other and make such a claim. I don't believe Bernard rejects Salvation by grace through faith, but if this is this person's criteria, why not include the Pope and other Orthodox leaders who believe in baptismal regeneration and praying to Mary?

Quote:
If he truly accepted the New Testament plan of salvation, he would not condemn the body of Christ. If he really did believe that salvation comes by grace through faith, as he claims, he would not condemn the rest of the body of Christ. But he does.
Still no quotes on Bernard condemning the entire body of Christ, whereas MANY Evangelical teachers and those in the Protestant Reformation have condemned anyone not believing in the trinity.

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:40 PM
Go Dodgers!

BTW this person has an article called
A Few More Popular Church Heretics To Avoid...

Odd. So it's ok for this person to label others heretics but if someone he believes labels him a heretic then add that person to his list?

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:55 PM
Repent and believe the Gospel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post

Never heard Bernard teach that about the UPC

Then include on the list Protestant Reformers who did not exist until after Luther

I've also never heard Bernard say "if you disagree you are an unsaved heretic".

But I have a question, why is it ok for Trinitarians to refer to everyone else as an unsaved heretic?

Never heard Bernard do that either, even if he believes that Bernard tends to be much more diplomatic than that.

Anyone can point fingers at the other and make such a claim. I don't believe Bernard rejects Salvation by grace through faith, but if this is this person's criteria, why not include the Pope and other Orthodox leaders who believe in baptismal regeneration and praying to Mary?

Still no quotes on Bernard condemning the entire body of Christ, whereas MANY Evangelical teachers and those in the Protestant Reformation have condemned anyone not believing in the trinity.

I take issue with Trinitarians when they condemn Oneness Pentecostals to hell for not believing in the Trinity, but I take the same issue with Oneness Pentecostals that condemn Trins to hell for not believing in the Oneness.

I know some Christ loving people who are Trinitarians and others who are Oneness.

Scripture is its own interpreter. Nothing can cut a diamond but a diamond. Nothing can interpret Scripture but Scripture" Thomas Watson.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answered13 View Post
I burst out laughing and then I thought of that old Sesame Street song: "One of these things is not like the other."

Among the many, many things which distinguish Barnard from these other four, he has two university degrees, including a Juris Doctor from the University of Texas at Austin. None of the others graduated from college.

Now I'm back to snickering again. This has got to be some kind of a joke...
Old 01-12-2014, 08:03 PM
Temporary Occupant of Earth

DKB won't reply because unlike the blogger DKB is a gentleman.

Do Not Argue With Idiots, they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.