Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Islamic Issues and News
Facebook

Notices

Islamic Issues and News Discuss Islam and report on current issues regarding Islam

Old 09-24-2009, 09:16 AM
Banned

Re: Email recvd Muslim vs Christianity

Murder is murder no matter what the motive. We are not talking about westerners. We are talking about a different, albeit wrong, issue from another culture. You are really going to sit in front of that pc and sell to me that honor killings are not about uncontrolled anger? Otherwise random murder, as I have noticed, is rare in these countries. You are free to justify or otherwise minimize the issue of violence in your own backyard all you want. The crime statistics are public record. Most murders in your backyard are family on family. For a different reason but equally as wrong. Have you read your own domestic violence statistics? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron1710 View Post
In ordinary domestic violence involving Westerners, it is rare for brothers to kill sisters or for male cousins to kill female cousins. And while child abuse occurs in which fathers may kill infants and children, it is very rare for Western fathers to kill teenage daughters.
http://www.meforum.org/2067/are-hono...iolence#_ftn17

This is a sick fact, Muslims kill in the name of Allah their own flesh and blood.

Not quit the same as someone who kills for their own selfish gain or anger. Those numbers represent honor killings, not all murders in those countries.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:22 AM
Banned

I live in the Muslim community. I live in Saudi. I also lived in Indonesia and got married there. I was part of the Muslim community in the US. I have never even (personally) HEARD of (short of the same articles you read) an honor killing either here or there. I shake my head in disgust just like you do when I do read about one. I know that it happens. I also know from experience that it is not prominant as it is made out to be in the media. I do not resent at all the condemnation of it. I do not believe it to be right to apply this to the practice of the Muslim faith.

Quote:
Why is that such a prominate part of the muslim community?
Old 09-24-2009, 09:24 AM
Banned

Did you get the impression that this writer supported this practice? The writer is Muslim yes?

Quote:
Aamir Latif, a correspondent for the Islamist website Islam Online who writes frequently on the issue, reported that in 2007 in the Punjab province of Pakistan alone, there were 1,261 honor murders.

IslamOnline.net, Jan. 11, 2007.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:29 AM
Banned

Final answer to the silly post that started this thread:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/allah.asp
Old 11-09-2009, 09:29 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
Islam does not teach "honor killings" either. No more than christianity teaches sunday school teachers to kill young girls and stuff them in suitcases.
Improbable comparison. The sunday school teacher did not kill in the name of or an interpretaion of Christianity. Honor killings cannot make that claim.
Are there nuts that claim to be Christians? Sure,. The KKK comes to mind, but Christian are VERY vocal against them and their attempt to "hijack" Chritianity. I do wish the average Muslim was as vocal against the radicals within the Muslim faith, so the rest of us might believe they all not really kind of for this extremism.

Last edited by Bowas; 11-09-2009 at 09:34 AM.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:39 AM
Banned

The fact that "average" muslims are physically fighting extremists now today down on the Yemen/Saudi border appears to escape you. The same Yemeni extremists, by the way, that the major who performed those killings in Texas was in contact with. "Average muslims" die at the hands of and die fighting extremists every day. More "average muslims" die at the hands of extremists than europeans do. That you place less value on the lives of the poor and brown (actually completely discounting their lives and sacrifice and applying to it a value of zero) only reflects back on you and your own twisted faith.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:32 PM
Banned

I think it's important not to confuse the teachings of Islam with the cultural customs of more tribal peoples that have embraced Islam. It's like some forms of Christianity in Central America, they will actually re-enact crucifying Christ, complete with piercing the participant's hands. The custom of doing these re-enactments go back to pagan times, not Christianity.

Honor killings and the like are not specifically Islamic, though the Islamic religion is prevalent among the people in question.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
Final answer to the silly post that started this thread:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/allah.asp
Snopes isnt the final answer on anything just a husband and wife leftist couple.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canam View Post
Snopes isnt the final answer on anything just a husband and wife leftist couple.
So they get free google like the rest of us?
Old 11-04-2010, 11:55 PM
Banned

Just goes to show anyone anywhere can email lies around to make them feel or look good. Even preachers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coadie View Post
So they get free google like the rest of us?