Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-10-2007, 09:25 AM
Senor Gunsmoke

Whom Do Men Say That I Am (Trinitarian Version)

deleted for IAM

I will not be what I am.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:27 AM
Registered Member

LOL!!! - Seriously though what did Peter say?
Old 07-10-2007, 09:31 AM
Registered Member

I know I found it!

(Matthew 16:13) When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

(Matthew 16:14) And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elijah; and others, Jeremiah, or one of the prophets.

(Matthew 16:15) He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

(Matthew 16:16) And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

ooooopppppppssssss!!!!

Ever wonder why Jesus didn't say "Well sort of, actually I am merely a mode.. well I was a thought, then I became a mode or an existence... though I say I am the Son, I am not, I am the Father... well I am sort of the Father who is the Son... but really I am the Father..... The Holy Spirit, well actually he, well I as Him, am the Father too"
Old 07-10-2007, 09:34 AM
but made himself of no reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sola gratia View Post
LOL!!! - Seriously though what did Peter say?
I think Peter's answer was given to him by divine inspiration from a FATHER (who is Spirit) pertaining to his beloved SON who is the CHRIST, the anointed one.
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath [James 1:19]
Old 07-10-2007, 09:37 AM
Senor Gunsmoke

Quote:
I know I found it!

(Matthew 16:13) When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

(Matthew 16:14) And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elijah; and others, Jeremiah, or one of the prophets.

(Matthew 16:15) He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

(Matthew 16:16) And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

ooooopppppppssssss!!!!

Ever wonder why Jesus didn't say "Well sort of, actually I am merely a mode.. well I was a thought, then I became a mode or an existence... though I say I am the Son, I am not, I am the Father... well I am sort of the Father who is the Son... but really I am the Father..... The Holy Spirit, well actually he, well I as Him, am the Father too"
Solo boy, you worry me.

Why didn't he ever say "Well, I am the second person in a trinity of separate beings who work together like a football team that is mysterious and unexplainable (how convenient lol). The Father is the quarterback, I'm the lineman and the Holy Spirit is the running back."

I will not be what I am.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:38 AM
Ronzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
Solo boy, you worry me.

Why didn't he ever say "Well, I am the second person in a trinity of separate beings who work together like a football team that is mysterious and unexplainable (how convenient lol). The Father is the quarterback, I'm the lineman and the Holy Spirit is the running back."
Old 07-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Solo boy, you worry me.

well why didnt he just say

"Well no Peter I am actually the Father, and not the Son... But hey big boy you where close!"
Old 07-10-2007, 10:07 AM
Senor Gunsmoke

Quote:
well why didnt he just say

"Well no Peter I am actually the Father, and not the Son... But hey big boy you where close!"
Why didn't he say

"I am actually equal to the Father even though I am servant sent. I am also equal with the Holy Spirit even though I will servant send Him. And by the way Peter, I'm a little conflicted as to whom my real father is. I mean the Holy Spirit overshadowed my mom and she became pregnant and all but then there is this other person in the trifecta who claims to be my daddy too. And you know, I've never mentioned this cause I don't want to whine, but why did my daddy (whoever he is) send me to die? Why didn't he die for the sins of the world? I mean NORMALLY it's the parent who lays down his life for his kid, right?"

I will not be what I am.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:15 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Why didn't he say

"I am actually equal to the Father even though I am servant sent. I am also equal with the Holy Spirit even though I will servant send Him. And by the way Peter, I'm a little conflicted as to whom my real father is. I mean the Holy Spirit overshadowed my mom and she became pregnant and all but then there is this other person in the trifecta who claims to be my daddy too. And you know, I've never mentioned this cause I don't want to whine, but why did my daddy (whoever he is) send me to die? Why didn't he die for the sins of the world? I mean NORMALLY it's the parent who lays down his life for his kid, right?"
Trinitarians don't believe Jesus was at all conflicted... In fact His sonship is not based on his incarnation... It's based on His relationship eternally with the Father (Galatians 4:4) So the whole Holy Spirit thing creates no conflict, because the Sonship is not based on the incarnation of Christ, but His eternal position. You assume that the Father, or God operates in Modes of existence so when the Holy Spirit over shadowed Mary... in essence he is stating I will impregnate you with ... well me..... So you also create confusion. Gabriel said

(Luke 1:35) And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Jesus is God, and trinitarians believe this to be true. The Holy Spirit was the action... but this was not regular impregnation... the sonship is based on who Jesus is eternally not incarnationally
Old 07-10-2007, 10:19 AM
Senor Gunsmoke

Quote:
Trinitarians don't believe Jesus was at all conflicted... In fact His sonship is not based on his incarnation... It's based on His relationship eternally with the Father (Galatians 4:4) So the whole Holy Spirit thing creates no conflict, because the Sonship is not based on the incarnation of Christ, but His eternal position. You assume that the Father, or God operates in Modes of existence so when the Holy Spirit over shadowed Mary... in essence he is stating I will impregnate you with ... well me..... So you also create confusion. Gabriel said

(Luke 1:35) And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Jesus is God, and trinitarians believe this to be true. The Holy Spirit was the action... but this was not regular impregnation... the sonship is based on who Jesus is eternally not incarnationally

:

lol

There ain't no stinkin' three persons in the Godhead friend!

I will not be what I am.