Facebook

Notices

Marriage Matters For discussion of Marital issues

Old 04-28-2019, 10:15 AM
Registered Member

Re: Adultery vs Fornication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Your statement is cultic. It supposes that you, by the "Spirit" (not God's, obviously) can mine "deeper revelation" from the plain text, even if it violates the context, or the basic laws of grammar, for that matter.

Stop spiritualizing your lack of scholarly work.
You try to throw me back the "pain" now ? , you try to "hurt me"? .This is what makes me proud actually (proud for my God). I really dont feel it . (but i challenge your "Christian" attitude ,why you want to heart a poor hell bound,deceived man instinct of correct him or just ignore me?) Because it tells you ,...something !
I dont know your situation , i did not had in mind your situation! And also it was not me that makes you mad, It was the Word!
Yes the Word is painful, sometimes brakes me down! But is Truth!

"G.G."Preaching is a divine act of the Spirit to preach the Word, School does not make preachers, God make preachers" "

"They try to analyse and interpret the Bible according to Theology and Philosophy, that is why is them-self that speaks and not the Spirit of our Father" Jesus promised "you are not them who speak but for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghostt that the only way to interpret the Bible,that why i told you that you make me proud for my God listen to that sermon!
Old 04-28-2019, 11:16 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter83 View Post
You try to throw me back the "pain" now ? , you try to "hurt me"? .This is what makes me proud actually (proud for my God). I really dont feel it . (but i challenge your "Christian" attitude ,why you want to heart a poor hell bound,deceived man instinct of correct him or just ignore me?) Because it tells you ,...something !
I dont know your situation , i did not had in mind your situation! And also it was not me that makes you mad, It was the Word!
Yes the Word is painful, sometimes brakes me down! But is Truth!

"G.G."Preaching is a divine act of the Spirit to preach the Word, School does not make preachers, God make preachers" "

"They try to analyse and interpret the Bible according to Theology and Philosophy, that is why is them-self that speaks and not the Spirit of our Father" Jesus promised "you are not them who speak but for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghostt that the only way to interpret the Bible,that why i told you that you make me proud for my God listen to that sermon!
Of course you are building a straw man argument here. following grammatical rules and laws of interpretation are the mark of a mature Christian. You are doing the same thing trinitarians do when reading "3" when the word "one" is found in the text.
Old 04-28-2019, 11:36 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Of course you are building a straw man argument here. following grammatical rules and laws of interpretation are the mark of a mature Christian. You are doing the same thing trinitarians do when reading "3" when the word "one" is found in the text.
Well , Theology and what you call scholarship is what brinks :
Trinity, Women Pastors, adulterous religion people going to hell, etc.
Who tells me that my statement is "cultic" 1) is not my Statement, is the Word, 2) The whole Church believes and practices the same, so who is "building an argument;? There are NOT any arguments here, we have the Bible and the Church that gives testimony , of course the question is not if adulterous going to hell, ther is not such an argument within the Church.. .
But lets stay on the facts:

Quote:
Originalist The author of this thread would have us believe that all those abandoned wives that remarried,without having been given a bill of divorcement, in order to avoid a life of prostitution or starvation, are in Hell.
-Do you still believe they are not sinners? " whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: .

Just tell me your "interpretation" ?

Quote:
Originalist And no, Jesus was not consigning those ladies to hell who were victims. Their husbands caused them to commit adultery, and are thus responsible
"3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

10 And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:
11 But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress

Just stay on the facts. All what i write is Scripture (is not mine) What you have to say about those words?

Last edited by peter83; 04-28-2019 at 11:44 AM.
Old 04-28-2019, 06:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Well , Theology and what you call scholarship is what brinks :
Trinity, Women Pastors, adulterous religion people going to hell, etc.
Who tells me that my statement is "cultic" 1) is not my Statement, is the Word, 2) The whole Church believes and practices the same, so who is "building an argument;? There are NOT any arguments here, we have the Bible and the Church that gives testimony , of course the question is not if adulterous going to hell, ther is not such an argument within the Church.. .
But lets stay on the facts:

-Do you still believe they are not sinners? " whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: .

Just tell me your "interpretation" ?

"3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

10 And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:
11 But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress

Just stay on the facts. All what i write is Scripture (is not mine) What you have to say about those words?

What words? That "what I write is scripture"? The Mormons and JW's also write scripture, AND they twist it like you do.
Old 04-28-2019, 11:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
What words? That "what I write is scripture"? The Mormons and JW's also write scripture, AND they twist it like you do.
Ok you dont have anything to say, so why to continue conversation (especially at that law level?) You blasphemy a child of God without any fear...while i said anything bad about you or your Father..
Twisting ? then why you are not able even to try "interpret" those scriptures to me ? Because are STRAIGHT JESUS`S WORDS! So you like it or not..is Truth!
(There is not need for "interpretation" and "twisting" when the word speaks you so clear. So how to twist the phrase "whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery" & "So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress" or "Let not the wife depart from her husband: But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband"? It speaks straight and clear! how i "twist" then? Nobody can twist those words! (even you!)

Last edited by peter83; 04-28-2019 at 11:47 PM.
Old 04-29-2019, 03:53 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Ok you dont have anything to say, so why to continue conversation (especially at that law level?) You blasphemy a child of God without any fear...while i said anything bad about you or your Father..
Twisting ? then why you are not able even to try "interpret" those scriptures to me ? Because are STRAIGHT JESUS`S WORDS! So you like it or not..is Truth!
(There is not need for "interpretation" and "twisting" when the word speaks you so clear. So how to twist the phrase "whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery" & "So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress" or "Let not the wife depart from her husband: But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband"? It speaks straight and clear! how i "twist" then? Nobody can twist those words! (even you!)

I already interpreted them. God was not going to let innocent women suffer because of the hardness of men's hearts, but held the husbands responsible for forcing their wives into adulterous situations, not the wives themselves.

Truthfully, this is Jewish answer to a Jewish question. It has no relevance to the Gentile church directly. Paul's admonition to the church on marriage is found in I Corinthians 7, which does not instruct divorced and remarried new converts to bust up their homes.
Old 04-29-2019, 04:17 AM
Registered Member

As far as I can tell, the author of this thread has failed to address the questions posed to him concerning Deut. 24 and its forbidding of returning to original spouses in some cases after a divorce has occurred. I'd like to know if he feels these instructions are valid for the New Covenant church.
Old 04-29-2019, 05:14 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I already interpreted them. God was not going to let innocent women suffer because of the hardness of men's hearts, but held the husbands responsible for forcing their wives into adulterous situations, not the wives themselves.

Truthfully, this is Jewish answer to a Jewish question. It has no relevance to the Gentile church directly. Paul's admonition to the church on marriage is found in I Corinthians 7, which does not instruct divorced and remarried new converts to bust up their homes.
Quote:
which does not instruct divorced and remarried new converts to bust up their homes.
Yes the question was actually that :what the remarried couple must do when, their adultry happened when they were in the world . (now for a Christian is clear, or he stays divorced or go back to their ex.)
]
Quote:
No ther eis not such thing. The man that puts away her wife is responsiblt for her adultery and the man who marry her that putted away commits adultery too! The woman slao is committing adultery if she marry
But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery Clear! Ok?
Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her. More truth than that you die!
And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery. More than that if you need "interpret: this you go to hell Amen? Is it clear to you now?

(i dont speak about a couple that came from the wolrd, i speak for a divorced man who came to Christ or a Christian brother-sister who is putted away etc) That is the only question on the subject.
Old 04-29-2019, 05:30 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
As far as I can tell, the author of this thread has failed to address the questions posed to him concerning Deut. 24 and its forbidding of returning to original spouses in some cases after a divorce has occurred. I'd like to know if he feels these instructions are valid for the New Covenant church.
The author of this thread failed in life too. The Author of the Bible, however has an answer for you right now!
(I dont want to "analyse" to you about Moses, hard-hardheartedness,Law vs Spirit, Law completeness ,New testament,"from the beginning was not so" etc. because i know you will throw me back the verses and send me to hell )
But i give you the answer straight to the point from Scripture (crystal clear) and if you have the Holy Spirit ,let Him reveal it to you:

And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:

Amen?

Last edited by peter83; 04-29-2019 at 05:34 AM.
Old 04-29-2019, 07:18 PM
Banned

You guys have made this so complicated.

God specifically states that He hates divorce.
It then stands to reason that if God hates divorce, remarriage after divorce cannot be God's will.

Does it happen? Yes.
Can one be forgiven for their part in a divorce? Yes.
Can one be forgiven for remarrying after having been divorced? Yes.
But was any of this God's will? No.

Divorce and remarriage misses the mark. It is sin.

God forgives the contrite.
He knows we are but flesh.

Last edited by Antipas; 04-29-2019 at 07:34 PM.