Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library
Facebook

Notices

The Library The Library for posting Articles and recommended reading.

Old 01-31-2008, 03:17 PM
Registered Member

Shaved to be saved

In the decade of the sixties.It was very common place for Apostolic ministers to preach agianst brethren that sported facial hair. One reason for this, was because of young people at the time that were rebelling against all and any authority figures,
This was called the free spirit movement or the hippie generation.Young man would let their facial hair grow just for spite. Was this any good reason to preach against that which God gave to a man that would naturally grow.
My point here is this, there are still preachers today ,that still preach this pharisee doctrine. There are still those amongst the oneness ranks who condem their fellow brethren to hell because they sport facial hair.Is this right.
There is no scriptural authority for any preacher to preach agianst facial hair.
These preachers have set their selves above God. He was the one who gave us facial hair. Now pharisee preachers amongst oneness flock want us to shave off, what God gave us to grow.
No God does not condem a soul to hell ,because they have facial hair.
No one does not have to be shaved to be saved.
Any preacher who preaches against us wolly burgers will have to face God's wrath for such unholy conduct.
Its my personal thought that such pharisees would strap Jesus Christ down in a barber chair and shave him.
Shalom upon the Isreal of God and those who love truth.
Alogi
Old 01-31-2008, 03:29 PM
Rebel with a cause.

Re: Shaved to be saved

Quote:
Originally Posted by alogi View Post
In the decade of the sixties.It was very common place for Apostolic ministers to preach agianst brethren that sported facial hair. One reason for this, was because of young people at the time that were rebelling against all and any authority figures,
This was called the free spirit movement or the hippie generation.Young man would let their facial hair grow just for spite. Was this any good reason to preach against that which God gave to a man that would naturally grow.
My point here is this, there are still preachers today ,that still preach this pharisee doctrine. There are still those amongst the oneness ranks who condem their fellow brethren to hell because they sport facial hair.Is this right.
There is no scriptural authority for any preacher to preach agianst facial hair.
These preachers have set their selves above God. He was the one who gave us facial hair. Now pharisee preachers amongst oneness flock want us to shave off, what God gave us to grow.
No God does not condem a soul to hell ,because they have facial hair.
No one does not have to be shaved to be saved.
Any preacher who preaches against us wolly burgers will have to face God's wrath for such unholy conduct.
Its my personal thought that such pharisees would strap Jesus Christ down in a barber chair and shave him.
Shalom upon the Isreal of God and those who love truth.
Alogi
Alogi, while I agree with your general premise, I'm not sure the "God gave us facial hair, he must want us to have it, why should we shave it" theory will fly.

God gave us body odor too, but we wash it off each day. Hopefully, we do anyway.
"Many people view their relationship with God like a "color by number" picture. It's easier to let someone else define the boundaries, tell them which blanks to fill in, and what color to use than it is for them to take a blank canvas and seek inspiration from the Source in order to paint their own masterpiece"
Old 01-31-2008, 03:43 PM
Registered Member

Brother ,body oder,comes from sweating.It has nothing to do with what occurs natural.One thing has nothing to do with the other. There are some who cannot sweat.
One question.If God did not give us facial hair, then why is it there hair on some man and yet not others?
The main reason that most man shave is plain and simple they are just not happy with the way that God made them/
Yes brother God gave us facial hair.Because scripture tells me that God knows every strand of hair that we have on our head.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:46 PM
Rebel with a cause.

Quote:
Brother ,body oder,comes from sweating.It has nothing to do with what occurs natural.One thing has nothing to do with the other. There are some who cannot sweat.
One question.If God did not give us facial hair, then why is it there hair on some man and yet not others?
The main reason that most man shave is plain and simple they are just not happy with the way that God made them/
Yes brother God gave us facial hair.Because scripture tells me that God knows every strand of hair that we have on our head.
You confuse me, and apparently, I confuse you too.

My point is that if your argument is to hold water, then a man shouldn't even trim his beard, cut his hair, clip his fingernails, etc.

And as far as body odor coming from sweat, even the people who can't sweat, as you say, will get ripe after a few days.
"Many people view their relationship with God like a "color by number" picture. It's easier to let someone else define the boundaries, tell them which blanks to fill in, and what color to use than it is for them to take a blank canvas and seek inspiration from the Source in order to paint their own masterpiece"
Old 01-31-2008, 03:46 PM
Live! Via Satellite

Quote:
Are you married? Does your wife shave under her arms? Please don't take offense, I just want to follow your premise.

Body odor not natural? You're serious?
Old 01-31-2008, 03:54 PM
Registered Member

First off ,some french ladies dont shave and no I am not married.
Pllease brother what does finger nail Clipping have to do with facia hair.
I do believe in personal grooming ok.Yet completely shaving ones hair.
Let me rephrase my remarks abot body odor, it is natural.Yet why are we trying to compare apples to oranges here.
Body odor and growing facial hair are two totally different subject here.I dont follow your logic here.
I have never known of any one who has facia hair that his hair stinks.Just unless he just doesnt wash.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
God gave women hair on their legs, but I sure SHAVE IT OFF!!!!!

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 01-31-2008, 03:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Let me rephrase my remarks abot body odor, it is natural.Yet why are we trying to compare apples to oranges here.
Body odor and growing facial hair are two totally different subject here.I dont follow your logic here.
I have never known of any one who has facia hair that his hair stinks.Just unless he just doesnt wash.
alogi, fingernails grow just like hair does--in fact, in the same manner, and nearly in the same process. So...if you followed your line of logic, you would never cut your fingernails because they occur naturally, so therefore God must want you to have long fingernails!

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 01-31-2008, 03:58 PM
Rebel with a cause.

Quote:
Ok, I'll try and make it very simple for you, hopefully I'm successful.

1.) You say that since God gave men facial hair they should let it grow. I say, how long should we let our beards grow? Uncut?

2.) I say, God gives people fingernails too, should we let them grow? And if so, to how long? Uncut?

3.) I say, God made our bodies to produce sweat too, how long should we allow our bodies to go unwashed, just because God made us this way?

4.) I say, God allows our hair to grow too, should we all let it grow, and if so, how long? Uncut?

Am I making this too complicated? Does this make sense to anyone else besides me?
Old 01-31-2008, 04:02 PM
Live! Via Satellite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Phelps View Post
Ok, I'll try and make it very simple for you, hopefully I'm successful.

1.) You say that since God gave men facial hair they should let it grow. I say, how long should we let our beards grow? Uncut?

2.) I say, God gives people fingernails too, should we let them grow? And if so, to how long? Uncut?

3.) I say, God made our bodies to produce sweat too, how long should we allow our bodies to go unwashed, just because God made us this way?

4.) I say, God allows our hair to grow too, should we all let it grow, and if so, how long? Uncut?

Am I making this too complicated? Does this make sense to anyone else besides me?
I am following you completely. This is not an apples and oranges thing. The argument being used here is that God gave it to us, but now he wants to narrow the focus.

I am not disputing the argument that there is not biblical premise to shave.