Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-19-2018, 07:07 AM
Registered Member

Re: What is going on here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
You missed the point. This isn't about giving worship or praise I am all for demonstrative worship, and God doesn't tell me to do it, I do it. But what I'm talking about is making a decision to do a high jump through the baptistry window and into the Baptismal tank. Or to climb on top of a sacred desk and do the Michael Jackson running man like Pewee Herman, or throw a jacket in the Pastors face.

Ok since decent and in order was challenged these things are unacceptable. Because for one they were all flesh. And my Bible says " So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God." And the same book told me that "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." So you see we've showed many different examples of what people claim as Worship and praise, but does God see them that way is all that matters. I know He hates the "hey look at me I wanna be noticed" and is against it. Regardless of whatever that person claims to be praise and worship, if He doesn't accept it, you are just looking like a donkey in a church house...

I do agree with what your saying in the quote wholeheartedly. I just don't believe that's applicable to any of these situations though is what I'm saying.
I agree with the post. the baptistery swimmer is hilarious and the whole jacket in the face is crazy. however I think we should take a little caution when judging from the outside. The night I received the Holy Ghost I was set free and like bird out of a cage I flapped my wings all over the church, platform included it was the most joyous thing that ever happened to me. If someone would have said I was in the flesh showing out would have been terribly mistaken and would have been a good way to discourage a new convert.
Old 10-21-2018, 06:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
I agree with the post. the baptistery swimmer is hilarious and the whole jacket in the face is crazy. however I think we should take a little caution when judging from the outside. The night I received the Holy Ghost I was set free and like bird out of a cage I flapped my wings all over the church, platform included it was the most joyous thing that ever happened to me. If someone would have said I was in the flesh showing out would have been terribly mistaken and would have been a good way to discourage a new convert.

I agree and this is a good reason all of this discussed here is a good reason, video recording in the church is a bad idea.

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 10-21-2018, 07:09 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I agree and this is a good reason all of this discussed here is a good reason, video recording in the church is a bad idea.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:48 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Really? Why so the fleshly and sometimes foolish ways that Pentecostal Churches "worship" wont be exposed?
Old 10-22-2018, 12:04 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Really? Why so the fleshly and sometimes foolish ways that Pentecostal Churches "worship" wont be exposed?
Let not your good be evil spoken of...
Old 10-22-2018, 03:27 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
But you love IHOP. ROFLOL
Old 10-22-2018, 03:43 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Mike you truthfully hate Apostolic's. And follow Charismatic groups that are the laughing stock of Religion and the reasons why people don't trust the gifts of the Spirit at all, because these charismatic groups abuse. For you to agree with that, and be skeptical of the Oneness movement as a whole is strange to me to say the least.

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 10-22-2018, 07:32 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Mike you truthfully hate Apostolic's. And follow Charismatic groups that are the laughing stock of Religion and the reasons why people don't trust the gifts of the Spirit at all, because these charismatic groups abuse. For you to agree with that, and be skeptical of the Oneness movement as a whole is strange to me to say the least.
I hate Apostolics? Ever heard "thou shall not bear false witness"? Why would I hate a movement I am part of and have suffered more for than many? What IS the Apostolic movement anyway?

Is it a movement that teaches the Oneness message? That baptizes in Jesus name? Preaches sinners must repent and be baptized and receive the Holy Ghost?

If thats it Im a part. But I am even more interested in going all the way with God and his word. Lets not stop where we currently are. Lets MOVE on to more Jesus!

Do I follow Charismatic groups? No I only follow Jesus Christ. I left the Charismatic movement in the 70's. Actually they forced me out because I was preaching Acts 2:38 salvation. That does not mean I feel there were not Spirit filled people among them. There may be millions of "Charismatics" with the Holy Spirit.

Doctrine wise most are still captive to doctrines of their particular denomination. The Apostolic movement has more truth generally speaking than they have. I never back down from my allegiance to Oneness Pentecostal doctrine.

When it comes to making people doubt the gifts Pentecostals are as guilty as Charismatics. Thankfully I experienced the gifts before I ever came into either one of these movements. I had no reason to doubt supernatual experiences I had with the Lord because they were real. Their validity had nothing to do with what some movement was doing.

Remember it is some among yourselves that started this thread. And why? Because some of these fleshly manifestations hurt Oneness people and truth.

Last edited by Michael The Disciple; 10-22-2018 at 07:39 PM.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
But you love IHOP. ROFLOL
Whats wrong with loving IHOP? We are told by Jesus even to love our enemies. What is it I love about IHOP?

They teach the post trib rapture and have a good Biblical end time vision. They have (to me) far more spiritual praise and worship music than old style Pentecostals.

They teach young people to pray and seek God. To love God. To tell others about Christ. I like that.

If one group teaches truth about a certain issue and another teaches error I will stand (on that particular issue) with the one that has truth.

So there are things about IHOP I love. There are things about IHOP I hate.

I dont hate their people at all but rather love them as I do everyone else.
Old 10-22-2018, 08:08 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

How is a guy standing on a pulpit and dancing during what appears to be an old fashioned Pentecostal "shout" a case of "fleshly manifestations"? Pentecostals, and Holiness people before them, and Methodists before them, and others before them, have always been accused of being "disorderly" and "fanatical". We've been called holy rollers, jumpers, the tongues movement, and DEVIL POSSESSED even, all by various "dignified" folks who love Jesus so much they can't even raise one hand in worship or God forbid clap two hands in praise to God.

Dancing in worship has nothing to do with the charismata, there is no "gift of praise breaking". It's as old as the old testament, it's how God's people have always worshipped, down through the millennia.

People see Pentecostal worship and don't like it? So what? They have their bread of affliction and we have heavenly manna. Let them gnash teeth, they will weep later on. First Pentecostal meeting I ever went to would make most modern "pentecostal types" die of a stroke, it seems. In fact, a friend who came with me literally RAN FROM THE BUILDING IN TERROR. Refused to ever go back. Why? "There's something in that meeting and it's waaaaaay too heavy for me to deal with." But *I* knew what it was, because I had "got it" a few days earlier and I felt right at home.

And yes, I've been in charismaniac meetings, too, The River™ and New Wine™, Toronto style meetings. 180 degree difference. Barking, convulsions, "glued to the floor", and other supposed "manifestations" straight out of Caribbean voudun.

I don't worry too much about somebody getting happy in worship. At least they're worshipping and not dozing off because their Christianity is as exciting as an all-day Greyhound bus ride across Utah.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf