Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
apostolic doctrine, healing, ministry, witnessing

Old 04-27-2013, 03:08 PM
Banned

Re: Healing is in the Believer's Job Description!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
Well, I am staying out of this one(How's that for "staying out"? )
Ha knew Id suck you in...healing is still here, T, it just takes a lot of faith. Or, faith, period. It has taken me a while to see that I just have more faith for some things than others; and I think this is common. I don't have a lot of faith for miraculous healing myself, I have to admit; I have ascribed this to the theory that much of the healing that we now seek is for essentially self-inflicted damage, unlike NT times. Although I can acknowledge that they occur now.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:27 PM
Don't ask.

I think we scared Dr. Yates away.
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 04-27-2013, 04:44 PM
Apostolic Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
I think we scared Dr. Yates away.
Naw! Just really busy with other things. Good to see you're still hangin' in there
Old 04-27-2013, 04:46 PM
Apostolic Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
Ha knew Id suck you in...healing is still here, T, it just takes a lot of faith. Or, faith, period. It has taken me a while to see that I just have more faith for some things than others; and I think this is common. I don't have a lot of faith for miraculous healing myself, I have to admit; I have ascribed this to the theory that much of the healing that we now seek is for essentially self-inflicted damage, unlike NT times. Although I can acknowledge that they occur now.
You make a very good point in regards to healing for self-inflicted damage. I think that may be more significant than we may realize. it's something I hadn't given much thought to.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:34 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylyates View Post
Naw! Just really busy with other things. Good to see you're still hangin' in there
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 04-28-2013, 02:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
You make a very good point in regards to healing for self-inflicted damage. I think that may be more significant than we may realize. it's something I hadn't given much thought to.
Ha or it just may be a good prevarication for my lack of faith? but I also know that 'there is a time for everything...' and I (possibly in error) connect these two, faith for healing and timing, with knowing that even Moses hid his face the glory faded. Or that could just be more prevarication; but I see a lot of good people who sure seem to be trying to follow Christ who don't seem to have any more healing faith than I. Which is to say that I don't doubt it, but am only peripherally familiar with it.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:48 AM
Apostolic Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
Ha or it just may be a good prevarication for my lack of faith? but I also know that 'there is a time for everything...' and I (possibly in error) connect these two, faith for healing and timing, with knowing that even Moses hid his face the glory faded. Or that could just be more prevarication; but I see a lot of good people who sure seem to be trying to follow Christ who don't seem to have any more healing faith than I. Which is to say that I don't doubt it, but am only peripherally familiar with it.
Maybe it is a prevarication. But I think you point to a significant problem in the Church today. It's not so much a genuine lack of faith as it is a lack of knowledge. Hosea 4:6--My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: we have so long neglected this area of understanding that it essentially became lost to the Church.

Thanks for your input!

The road to an accurate and clear understanding of this issue has been long and winding, with many detours and roadblocks. It is an area fraught with challenges. Probably more abused than an other and yet one of the greatest needs of the day.

It is the understanding of the truth that will set us free and we are promised that the Spirit of Truth WILL guide us into all truth. Once the fog of deception has cleared away and the sacred cows of tradition laid to rest, I believe we will be closer to seeing true healing revival in our midst.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:24 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Maybe it is a prevarication. But I think you point to a significant problem in the Church today. It's not so much a genuine lack of faith as it is a lack of knowledge. Hosea 4:6--My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: we have so long neglected this area of understanding that it essentially became lost to the Church.

Thanks for your input!

The road to an accurate and clear understanding of this issue has been long and winding, with many detours and roadblocks. It is an area fraught with challenges. Probably more abused than an other and yet one of the greatest needs of the day.

It is the understanding of the truth that will set us free and we are promised that the Spirit of Truth WILL guide us into all truth. Once the fog of deception has cleared away and the sacred cows of tradition laid to rest, I believe we will be closer to seeing true healing revival in our midst.
This ^^^
Old 04-29-2013, 07:49 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
It is not a person performing a miracle but God performing a miracle through a person.

The apostle Paul understood that very well and is why he said the following words that shows the reason why we do not seen miracles today on the same level that the 1st century church witnessed miracles happening.

Galatians 3:5
He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

It is upon the hearing of faith coming from the person praying for a miracle that causes God to act and not the words of the prayer. We can see this in the Old Testament where we are told that God heard the cries of his people being abused by their Egyptian masters, however, God did not respond with signs and wonders to deliver them from their tormentors until after a man named Moses was made ready by God and for God to work through.

Today is no different and it is not that the authority of the Holy Spirit has diminished any but because those who walked in the authority of the Holy Spirit while the apostles were at the helm of the church were all on one accord with the truth of the Holy Spirit.

A condition that does not exist today given evidence by over 25,000 different denominations of Christianity representing a modern-day Tower of Babel all with their own doctrines of how to worship in spirit and in truth.
This part in bold, is truly saying something. Makes me think of that other thread where they say that people are killing people and murderers, because they are depending on God for a healing and miracle.
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:08 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
To all of you above: everyone of you has "hit the nail on the head."
LaFon, you are right on target. I find it noteworthy how severely Jesus chastised them over this inability to manifest healing for this boy. He held them personally responsible for the failure.

Digging, I echo your sentiments as well. I struggle over the disparity between what I read in the Bible and what I see in the Church today. Lively correctly points to one major issue: our lack of love. Jesus "was moved with compassion and healed their sick." The very presence of so many denominations and such fragmentation is proof enough that we don't love one another.

I wish there were simple answers to this issue. Unfortunately, we are still clawing our way back to minimal function after centuries of unbelief. and what makes it worse, is when we do try to step out in faith, it's not the "failures" that are the most discouraging; it's the attacks that come from "unbelieving believers." The greatest opposition comes from within our own ranks! Very few are able to bear up and press on in the face of such pressure and resistance.

We are so quick to boast of our "revelation" and "correct doctrine," and that is indeed important. But we are miles away from where we should be. I know I am. And it truly bothers me to think: "How many people are dying, while I get my act together?"

Every one of these posts deserves serious reflection and should give us pause. I believe we will get there, if we continue to refuse to settle for where we are. We have to reach for more!
If people really had the right "revelations" and "correct doctrine's then their lives should line up with the bible, and what it says that believers should do.

And this is also profound. I find that also to be the truth, that the most resistance you get towards believing in God, are those who profess to be christians. It's always doubt, and mocking, saying things such as, "God isn't going to do that" "You're wasting your time" "God doesn't do miracles today like He did in bible times" "You're an idiot, you're a moron, we have science, why are you waiting on God."

This reminds me of a conversation I had with a co-worker. I had a really painful ache that day and one of the first thing he asked me was, "did you take an aspirin?" I said "no, I'm going to pray to God for my healing," Then he said, "Oh you're just going to endure it then?"

Absolutely no faith in God, no faith that He directly does anything anymore. Reminds me of what Timmy said the other day, on another thread, about when should believers really depend on God? When it's something that's easily explained away, where it's not clear whether it's God's doing or just your or someone's else doing?

I'm serious, some times I feel like I'm talking to Atheists when it comes to believing on God.
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.