Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-22-2021, 08:23 AM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 37,350
Twitter, FaceBook, and YouTubes banning people?

These platforms are banning conservatives?
__________________
"Don't Kill The Messenger" ~Sophocles
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-22-2021, 08:51 AM
aegsm76 aegsm76 is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,075
Re: Twitter, FaceBook, and YouTubes banning people

From what I see & hear, only outspoken conservatives.
At least for now.
We (my family) have been off facebook since the BLM madness started last year.
And we had too many that were close to us that were losing their minds.
Thinking about going unplugged, but we do use some of the social media for church outreach, so have just been minimizing our time and footprint.
__________________
If we ever forget that we're One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under - Ronald Reagan
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-22-2021, 09:53 AM
jediwill83's Avatar
jediwill83 jediwill83 is offline
Believe, Obey, Declare


 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West Monroe Louisiana
Posts: 3,512
Re: Twitter, FaceBook, and YouTubes banning people

Purging a lot of Libertarians as well....anyone going against the narrative.
__________________
Blessed are the merciful for they SHALL obtain mercy.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-22-2021, 09:57 AM
Steven Avery Steven Avery is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,317
Re: Twitter, FaceBook, and YouTubes banning people

And often good health information that is a challenge to the pharma-$$-cabal.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-22-2021, 10:29 AM
Ronnie G's Avatar
Ronnie G Ronnie G is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: California
Posts: 183
Re: Twitter, FaceBook, and YouTubes banning people

Just wait until that filibuster is gone.

Thanks Trump. Ego>Georgia
__________________
“Take a look out that window. Eden’s not burning—it’s burnt.” —Reign of Fire
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-22-2021, 10:47 AM
jediwill83's Avatar
jediwill83 jediwill83 is offline
Believe, Obey, Declare


 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West Monroe Louisiana
Posts: 3,512
Re: Twitter, FaceBook, and YouTubes banning people

Yeah...you can use social media to plan riots and destruction of cities and they wont do anything but let the Maga folks get rowdy and its like a kid on the playground that finally punches the bully thats tormented him all year without repercussion and then the kid that punches back gets suspended.




And Im not a Maga fan...


Its a concerted effort to control and direct the narrative of the culture...they have driven people out of face to face interaction into a virtual platform and then clamped down on the expression of ideas and thoughts that dont fit their goals and mindset.
__________________
Blessed are the merciful for they SHALL obtain mercy.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-22-2021, 11:01 AM
Ronnie G's Avatar
Ronnie G Ronnie G is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: California
Posts: 183
Re: Twitter, FaceBook, and YouTubes banning people

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
Yeah...you can use social media to plan riots and destruction of cities and they wont do anything but let the Maga folks get rowdy and its like a kid on the playground that finally punches the bully thats tormented him all year without repercussion and then the kid that punches back gets suspended.
That's exactly right. That is a known double-standard, and to run into the Capitol and do what they did was HANDING a lop-sided media complex and democratic party an excuse to frame everything in emergent hues.

Complain about the double standard all day. But to act like it doesn't exist 14 days before an inauguration and try to be all Antifa was possibly the greatest unforced error in this entire process.

We'll have plenty of time for "what abouts" when DC is a state, the Senate has at least 102 seats, 15.00 Minimum wage is routing the national economy in states just like in my state, and Voting is basically a banana-republic on every level.

If Trump starts a third party, one will have to ask themselves: "was his job to destroy the GOP?"

I'm starting wonder whether or not he and Hillary are splitting the pot on an infernal wager.
__________________
“Take a look out that window. Eden’s not burning—it’s burnt.” —Reign of Fire

Last edited by Ronnie G; 01-22-2021 at 11:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-22-2021, 11:21 AM
jediwill83's Avatar
jediwill83 jediwill83 is offline
Believe, Obey, Declare


 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West Monroe Louisiana
Posts: 3,512
Re: Twitter, FaceBook, and YouTubes banning people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie G View Post
That's exactly right. That is a known double-standard, and to run into the Capitol and do what they did was HANDING a lop-sided media complex and democratic party an excuse to frame everything in emergent hues.

Complain about the double standard all day. But to act like it doesn't exist 14 days before an inauguration and try to be all Antifa was possibly the greatest unforced error in this entire process.

We'll have plenty of time for "what abouts" when DC is a state, the Senate has at least 102 seats, 15.00 Minimum wage is routing the national economy in states just like in my state, and Voting is basically a banana-republic on every level.

If Trump starts a third party, one will have to ask themselves: "was his job to destroy the GOP?"

I'm starting wonder whether or not he and Hillary are splitting the pot on an infernal wager.

Ill tell you what I know...there is about to be a coup in the Libertarian party...gonna have some replacement of leadership because its a joke at this point...there are so many disaffected members of the GOP and Democrats at this point and the Libertarians will attack the left from the left and the right from the right...Im thinking its gonna be a major 3rd party revitalization.


Lets make something clear...the best outcome when it comes to government is for them to interfere with peoples lives as little as possible other than to prosecute and punish crime where there actually is a victim involved.


People are sick and tired of politicians in "service" for multiple decades that just become the monster they were elected to fight...we need a decentralization effort...its the only way to kill the hydra of governmental bureaucracy.


We dont need shadow government mouthpieces masquerading as some sort of Arthurian warrior/poet/priest deluding the people that he is the one appointed by God to lead them into a golden age of plenty if they'd just bow before the image...


We need to stop thinking that the answer is to appoint someone else to do the thinking for us...delegating that mental capacity and responsibility of making one's own decision has left us so morally atrophied and dependent...we've been snookered into believing that we must leave individual decisions to our betters and if it doesnt stop, each year we will notice more and more freedoms eroding from what is considered acceptable and lawful...and as we mourn that loss, our children and grandchildren will be raised to believe that this is normal and good and the temperature of the stewpot will be raised ever higher for the next generation.
__________________
Blessed are the merciful for they SHALL obtain mercy.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-22-2021, 12:11 PM
Ronnie G's Avatar
Ronnie G Ronnie G is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: California
Posts: 183
Re: Twitter, FaceBook, and YouTubes banning people

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
Ill tell you what I know...there is about to be a coup in the Libertarian party...gonna have some replacement of leadership because its a joke at this point...there are so many disaffected members of the GOP and Democrats at this point and the Libertarians will attack the left from the left and the right from the right...Im thinking its gonna be a major 3rd party revitalization.


Lets make something clear...the best outcome when it comes to government is for them to interfere with peoples lives as little as possible other than to prosecute and punish crime where there actually is a victim involved.


People are sick and tired of politicians in "service" for multiple decades that just become the monster they were elected to fight...we need a decentralization effort...its the only way to kill the hydra of governmental bureaucracy.


We dont need shadow government mouthpieces masquerading as some sort of Arthurian warrior/poet/priest deluding the people that he is the one appointed by God to lead them into a golden age of plenty if they'd just bow before the image...


We need to stop thinking that the answer is to appoint someone else to do the thinking for us...delegating that mental capacity and responsibility of making one's own decision has left us so morally atrophied and dependent...we've been snookered into believing that we must leave individual decisions to our betters and if it doesnt stop, each year we will notice more and more freedoms eroding from what is considered acceptable and lawful...and as we mourn that loss, our children and grandchildren will be raised to believe that this is normal and good and the temperature of the stewpot will be raised ever higher for the next generation.
I'm not sure how big of an impact the Libertarian Party's schisms are going to have. Third parties have simply played spoiler--in the case of Hillary, The Green Party took just enough votes to deprive her the electoral college win (Jill Stein)

In the case of Ross Perot, he provided a scenario in which Bill Clinton only got 43 prevent of the popular vote and still won. And Perot was a likable chap on all fronts.

Trump's going to take the centrifugal, Q-deferent constituency, as well as perfectly irked and patriotic, God-fearing supporters that simply want a better country, and he's going to corral them into a fractured group that will guarantee the left maintains power.

If Harris becomes President via the 25th Amendment, Hemlock dart, or natural cause, who are we going to run?

And can people that voted for Trump possibly vote for a Tulsi Gabbard--if that's the only thing standing between us and oblivion?

I mean I realize that Abortion is an issue, but Trump is not completely pro-life.

My guess is, Tulsi is WAY MORE morally upright than Trump, in terms of Mosaic measurements.
__________________
“Take a look out that window. Eden’s not burning—it’s burnt.” —Reign of Fire

Last edited by Ronnie G; 01-22-2021 at 12:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-22-2021, 08:46 PM
Esaias's Avatar
Esaias Esaias is offline
Master ThreadKiller


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zion aka TEXAS
Posts: 24,283
Re: Twitter, FaceBook, and YouTubes banning people

The lolbertarians aren't going to do anything or go anywhere. Lolbertarianism is a failed political strategy. Ron Paul was the last chance they had. The lulbert party is now full of pervs, dopers, and progressives. All the real libertarians grew up, tried to turn the GOP, and are now regrouping. They are all going hard right. Many of them were going hard right back in the 90s even.

The future does not lie in any political party, at least not anytime soon. Parties means "elections". And we just saw how elections work out. Tyranny NEVER gets "elected out of power".
__________________
Visit the Apostolic House Church YouTube Channel!


Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bro. Blume answers a YouTubes Video Evang.Benincasa Fellowship Hall 0 10-09-2019 02:46 PM
Sunday New York Times comes down on YouTubes Evang.Benincasa Fellowship Hall 0 06-09-2019 07:02 PM
Funny Twitter/ Facebook Status messages Pro31:28 Fellowship Hall 20 02-06-2014 09:59 AM
Other People You May Know On Facebook Newman Fellowship Hall 15 02-20-2010 12:58 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by james34
- by coksiw
- by MawMaw

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.