Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 01-19-2017, 11:01 AM
Registered Member

Confirmation Hearings

Rick Perry up today. Perry has been selected to lead the Dept of Energy, one of the very departments he stated he wanted to abolish, during a primary debate. I think it's one of the worst picks Trump has made, and there are some really bad ones - like Betsy DeVos and Jeff Sessions.

Here's a brutal quote from the NY Times, contrasting the outgoing Mr. Moniz with Mr. Perry: "For Mr. Moniz, the future of nuclear science has been a lifelong obsession; he spent his early years working at the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center. Mr. Perry studied animal husbandry and led cheers at Texas A&M University."

It appears Mr. Perry had little knowledge of what the Dept of Energy does, when he stated he wanted to eliminate it. "After being briefed on so many of the vital functions of the Department of Energy, I regret recommending its elimination."

Here's an exchange between Sen. Al Franken and Mr. Perry:
Franken: Governor, thank you for coming into my office. Did you enjoy meeting me?
Perry: I hope you're as much fun on that dais as you were on your couch.
Franken: Well...
Perry: May I rephrase that, please?
Franken: Please. Please. Please. Oh my lord, oh my lord.
Perry: Well, I think we found our Saturday Night Live sound bite.

Old 01-19-2017, 12:42 PM
Not riding the train

Re: Confirmation Hearings

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Rick Perry up today. Perry has been selected to lead the Dept of Energy, one of the very departments he stated he wanted to abolish, during a primary debate. I think it's one of the worst picks Trump has made, and there are some really bad ones - like Betsy DeVos and Jeff Sessions.

Here's a brutal quote from the NY Times, contrasting the outgoing Mr. Moniz with Mr. Perry: "For Mr. Moniz, the future of nuclear science has been a lifelong obsession; he spent his early years working at the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center. Mr. Perry studied animal husbandry and led cheers at Texas A&M University."

It appears Mr. Perry had little knowledge of what the Dept of Energy does, when he stated he wanted to eliminate it. "After being briefed on so many of the vital functions of the Department of Energy, I regret recommending its elimination."

Here's an exchange between Sen. Al Franken and Mr. Perry:
Franken: Governor, thank you for coming into my office. Did you enjoy meeting me?
Perry: I hope you're as much fun on that dais as you were on your couch.
Franken: Well...
Perry: May I rephrase that, please?
Franken: Please. Please. Please. Oh my lord, oh my lord.
Perry: Well, I think we found our Saturday Night Live sound bite.

I was watching the hearing when he said that. Totally hilarious. LOL!

So, I like how every nominee has said, "Yes, I agree that climate is changing." LOL!

Bernie Sanders was on that topic like white on rice. He wouldn't let it go and was basically coming across as hysterical. Patty Murray whined her head off and Cory Booker was running for president in 2020.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:47 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Dumb quote. Governor Rick Perry is the longest running governor in the state of Texas. AND Gov. Perry made his comments (2012) regarding the Dept of Energy especially after Climategate came out (2009). That was mentioned in the hearing.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Dumb quote. Governor Rick Perry is the longest running governor in the state of Texas. AND Gov. Perry made his comments (2012) regarding the Dept of Energy especially after Climategate came out (2009). That was mentioned in the hearing.
It's not a fair quote, to be sure. It was aimed at making Perry look stupid, which he's not. People tend to hear a Texas accent and wrongly assume they're dumb.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:58 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
It's not a fair quote, to be sure. It was aimed at making Perry look stupid, which he's not. People tend to hear a Texas accent and wrongly assume they're dumb.
He certainly isn't dumb. However, any time I see his face, I think of him saying, "I suggest to you..." He says it all the time. Now Mike Pence is saying it all the time.

Last edited by Pressing-On; 01-19-2017 at 03:26 PM.
Old 01-20-2017, 04:31 PM
Not riding the train

Senate confirms both Gen. James Mattis (Defense) and General John F. Kelly (Homeland) On Trump's First Day.
Old 01-20-2017, 04:35 PM
of 9!! :)

Quote:
Senate confirms both Gen. James Mattis (Defense) and General John F. Kelly (Homeland) On Trump's First Day.
Old 01-22-2017, 05:43 AM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Quote:
Obama had six confirmed cabinets picks by Inauguration Day.

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.