Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-25-2021, 06:18 AM
Registered Member

Re: Are "Apostolic" Women Cutting Their Hair Now?

The Apostolic Assembly Of The Faith In Christ Jesus believes in a veil as the headcovering. They also believe a woman should not cut their hair last I knew.
Old 11-25-2021, 06:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
The Apostolic Assembly Of The Faith In Christ Jesus believes in a veil as the headcovering. They also believe a woman should not cut their hair last I knew.
Most allow haircutting but insist on head coverings.
Old 11-25-2021, 09:31 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Most allow haircutting but insist on head coverings.
Most? Hardly…
Old 11-26-2021, 07:04 AM
Loving God, His Word, His Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro Flame View Post
Yes, I know. Same ole, same ole.

But I've noticed through my social media friends that many an Apostolic female, especially in larger cities (as if that has anything to do with it), appear to be cutting their hair. I know some of these females are attendees of UPC and ALJC churches, but some go to independent churches.

I believe I saw somewhere on another Apostolic-aimed page that said their was a "new wave" of theology that specifically taught that "long hair" didn't necessarily mean "uncut hair". Therefore, a lady can cut (or "trim") her hair as long as it is still "long".

But what is "long"?

Wouldn't some form of "rule" have to be employed so the women would know what the pastor, or God for that matter, considered "long"?

Has anyone else come across anything similar?

Just wondering...
Good morning Bro. Flame.

Many of the Apostolic women I encountered, before and after, did trim their hair. I have always held that long hair did not necessarily mean uncut, and this the whole issue of 1Corinthians 11 is more of order and submission than just hair.

I'm no expert, but I have known some women who have hair who did not live in order or submission to their husband. They would even be on borderline witchcraft, threatening to pray for God to "get them" when people did not bow to their will. They, in my thoughts, violated their hair.

Just my thoughts on the subject. Have a great day.

Apostolic Defender Ministries
The Apostolic Defender Podcast on Spotify
Old 11-26-2021, 07:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
Most? Hardly…
I stand by my statement.
Old 11-26-2021, 08:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
This is nothing new. Do you live under a rock?
"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

I thought it would be appropriate to post this quote here. I have found this to be true. I have pictures of my mother from seventy plus years ago. She was oneness Apostolic. And she had cut hair and earrings. And she wasn’t “liberal” by any means.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 11-26-2021, 09:41 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

I thought it would be appropriate to post this quote here. I have found this to be true. I have pictures of my mother from seventy plus years ago. She was oneness Apostolic. And she had cut hair and earrings. And she wasn’t “liberal” by any means.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Heathen flappers in the 1920s dressed more modestly than today's average Walmarter.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 11-29-2021, 08:17 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Hispanic Apostolic women have been cutting their hair for decades. They hold a different view on I Corinthians 11.
I know some Hispanic Pentecostals from Alabama that are very liberal. About they only thing they do that would fall under "traditional Pentecostal attire" is the women don't wear pants. They all wear makeup, jewelry, get their nails done, and the men wear shorts and beards.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 11-29-2021, 08:43 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Heathen flappers in the 1920s dressed more modestly than today's average Walmarter.
Ain't that the truth. Sinners had more decency 50 years ago than most Christians do today.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 11-29-2021, 01:17 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro Flame View Post
Ain't that the truth. Sinners had more decency 50 years ago than most Christians do today.
Do you happen know why that is?