Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-03-2021, 10:58 AM
Registered Member

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
I am, for murder. I believe it has to be addressed in a court, not by a mob, or an angry individual.
What if the accused asks for forgiveness?
Old 12-03-2021, 11:19 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
What if the accused asks for forgiveness?
Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

I donít think you understand your own Bible. I also think you are missing common sense.
Old 12-03-2021, 01:43 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

I don’t think you understand your own Bible. I also think you are missing common sense.
If I’m not understanding the Bible, I’m sorry about that. I just thought I understood that in the New Testament Mercy will always come before judgement. I try to lean on mercy and love of Christ because I was forgiven much. I was I guess as some may put it, under the delusion that those that are not sick need not a physician, yet those that are sick.

I have worked with people in the prison system, “lifer’s”, people that were on death row and even though they committed a horrible crime they are still a soul in need of salvation. I’m not saying that those which have committed crimes are not going to reap what they have sown, as the church we should be under the influence of mercy and second chances rather then, “you committed murder you deserve to die”.

Many people in the church have committed such an act, again I ask what happens when they ask for forgiveness? The answer is Christ forgives them! Now in the eyes of God do they need to be put to death when he has forgiven them? Or is rather in the eyes of man, that they should pay such an ultimate price?

1 Timothy 1:15 KJV
[15] This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Acts 8:1 KJV
[1] And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles.

Saul was a horrible sinner, he was a dirty filthy man that he even went as far as to say the chief of sinners. He approved the death of a man of God, and I would go as far as to say he enjoyed seeing that man die.

According to the Bible and Christ you understand, Paul should be executed and never given a chance at redemption. And I guess through what you have said, my non-understanding” of the word should not be under the impression that Christ’s blood can cover that sin and deliver such a sinner from those awful sins.

There is a preacher that if I say his name 99% of people on here would know him. Yet, that pastor that has since retired, before his conversion was standing before a Judge looking at almost 20 years for beating a police officer if I remember correctly almost to death. Yet, he asked God to forgive him and if he would be willing to let him go he would serve him. The next day the judge said to the courtroom, “ I don’t know why I’m doing this, yet I’m going to give you another chance.” That man never went back to the lifestyle he was saved from.

God is awesome.

Last edited by Nicodemus1968; 12-03-2021 at 02:35 PM.
Old 12-03-2021, 02:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
If Iím not understanding the Bible, Iím sorry about that. I just thought I understood that in the New Testament Mercy will always come before judgement. I try to lean on mercy and love of Christ because I was forgiven much. I was I guess as some may put it, under the delusion that those that are not sick need not a physician, yet those that are sick.

I have worked with people in the prison system, ďliferísĒ, people that were on death row and even though they committed a horrible crime they are still a soul in need of salvation. Iím not saying that those which have committed crimes are not going to reap what they have sown, as the church we should be under the influence of mercy and second chances rather then, ďyou committed murder you deserve to dieĒ.

Many people in the church have committed such an act, again I ask what happens when they ask for forgiveness? The answer is Christ forgives them! Now in the eyes of God do they need to be put to death when he has forgiven them? Or is rather in the eyes of man, that they should pay such an ultimate price?

1 Timothy 1:15 KJV
[15] This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Acts 8:1 KJV
[1] And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles.

Saul was a horrible sinner, he was a dirty filthy man that he even went as far as to say the chief of sinners. He approved the death of a man of God, and I would go as far as to say he enjoyed seeing that man die.

According to the Bible and Christ you understand, Paul should be executed and never given a chance at redemption. And I guess through what you have said, my non-understandingĒ of the word should not be under the impression that Christís blood can cover that sin and deliver such a sinner from those awful sins.

There is a preacher that if I say his name 99% of people on here would know him. Yet, that pastor that has since retired before Christ was standing before a Judge looking at almost 20 years for beating a police officer if I remember correctly almost to death. Yet, he asked God to forgive him and if he would be let go he would serve him. The next day the judge said to the courtroom, ď I donít know why Iím doing this, yet Iím going to give you another chance.Ē That man never went back to the lifestyle he was saved from.

God is awesome.
Brother,

If I may, it seems to me that you are confusing temporal punishment with eternal punishment. Temporal punishment is the consequences for actions in this life. Possibilities might be the death penalty in this life, or in this case life imprisonment (Wisconsin doesnít have the death penalty). It has nothing to do with eternal salvation. He could still be saved and be punished appropriately.

As an example, think of the thief on the cross. Jesus said he would be with Him in paradise that day. But he still was crucified and died for his thievery.

Another thing . . .

Jesus is merciful, but He will judge all humanity. We should not be confused.

Galatians 6
[7] Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
[8] For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.*

*The scripture quoted above is found in the New Testament.
Old 12-03-2021, 02:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
Brother,

If I may, it seems to me that you are confusing temporal punishment with eternal punishment. Temporal punishment is the consequences for actions in this life. Possibilities might be the death penalty in this life, or in this case life imprisonment (Wisconsin doesnít have the death penalty). It has nothing to do with eternal salvation. He could still be saved and be punished appropriately.

As an example, think of the thief on the cross. Jesus said he would be with Him in paradise that day. But he still was crucified and died for his thievery.

Another thing . . .

Jesus is merciful, but He will judge all humanity. We should not be confused.

Galatians 6
[7] Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
[8] For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.*

*The scripture quoted above is found in the New Testament.
In the second paragraph I was quoting form the verse you posted here in Galatians.

I donít think Iím getting the two confused. Coksiw is for the execution of a man/women convicted for murder because of what Genesis says. Iím not against a man/women receiving there reward for what they have done. Yet, I believe the church should be against capital punishment because of what Christ taught in the New Testament. The world will judge accordingly, yet the church should have a stance against it as well.
Old 12-03-2021, 02:54 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
In the second paragraph I was quoting form the verse you posted here in Galatians.

I donít think Iím getting the two confused. Coksiw is for the execution of a man/women convicted for murder because of what Genesis says. Iím not against a man/women receiving there reward for what they have done. Yet, I believe the church should be against capital punishment because of what Christ taught in the New Testament. The world will judge accordingly, yet the church should have a stance against it as well.
Did Jesus set the thief free?

Do you agree that He could have done so?

Why didnít He?
Old 12-03-2021, 03:02 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:

Why didnít He?
Karla Faye Tucker took a pick axe and brutally murdered a woman. She received the death penalty. While on death row she became a Christian, She wanted to seek a pardon. But couldn't obtain one. She was put to death in 1988. She made her peace, she accepted her outcome. If someone murders then they reap what they sow. God has the full capacity to steer the outcome. If He keeps the person on death row, then if they are His follower they accept His will for their outcome. That pretty much is the stand of the Church.
Old 12-03-2021, 03:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Why didnít He?
Let me say this. Iím not against a man reaping what he has sown. If a man has done a crime he will be punished. What Iím saying is the church should not be for capital punishment because of the ďeye for an eyeĒ verse.
Old 12-03-2021, 03:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Why didnít He?
Jesus didnít sentence the thief, but he did for the women caught in adultery.
Old 12-03-2021, 03:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Can you post the scripture that makes you think that the church should be against capital punishment?

What did Jesus teach on the subject?