Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-03-2021, 03:23 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Let me say this. I’m not against a man reaping what he has sown. If a man has done a crime he will be punished. What I’m saying is the church should not be for capital punishment because of the “eye for an eye” verse.
How about life in prison? Death and living in a day to day hell is as good as death. Yet you are still alive.
Old 12-03-2021, 03:26 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
Can you post the scripture that makes you think that the church should be against capital punishment?

What did Jesus teach on the subject?
Jesus said "he that is without sin cast the first stone." He didn't say it shouldn't happen. He just reminded them how it should be performed legally. The man who was also in the act surprisingly wasn't there next to her. Therefore, her being executed alone, would of been illegal.
Old 12-03-2021, 03:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
Can you post the scripture that makes you think that the church should be against capital punishment?

What did Jesus teach on the subject?
I already brought it up.

John 8:3-7 KJV
[3] And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
[4] They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. [5] Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
[6] This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
[7] So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

By the same Old Covenant as some have used to stand for capital punishment, Jesus himself overturned an execution.

I didn’t realize Pro-Life was only for the unborn?

Can you some me in scripture where Jesus was for capital punishment?
Old 12-03-2021, 03:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
How about life in prison? Death and living in a day to day hell is as good as death. Yet you are still alive.
I understand.

I just can’t believe how some on here feel Americas justice system is to be trusted in a way that weighs a persons life in the balance. I mean they don’t even trust it (FDA) for vaccine development, and they trust it to put a person to death?
Imagine all those that were executed in Texas that they then found out were really innocent. SMH
Old 12-03-2021, 03:43 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I already brought it up.

John 8:3-7 KJV
[3] And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
[4] They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. [5] Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
[6] This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
[7] So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

By the same Old Covenant as some have used to stand for capital punishment, Jesus himself overturned an execution.

I didn’t realize Pro-Life was only for the unborn?

Can you some me in scripture where Jesus was for capital punishment?
The scripture you quoted from John shows that Jesus was for capital punishment. Because it was part of the Law of Moses.
Old 12-03-2021, 03:45 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I understand.

I just can’t believe how some on here feel Americas justice system is to be trusted in a way that weighs a persons life in the balance. I mean they don’t even trust it (FDA) for vaccine development, and they trust it to put a person to death?
Imagine all those that were executed in Texas that they then found out were really innocent. SMH
We in the church can only pray that God who holds all men in his hands will give mercy. He is the one who sets the captives free, whether out of the incarceration, or having them go to be with Him, after execution. Death isn't the end for an Apostolic, it's the beginning.
Old 12-03-2021, 04:00 PM
Registered Member

Nicodemus,
Saying "I'm sorry" is not enough for justice to be satisfied. Plenty of example of that in the Scriptures, the thief and the one that committed fraud had to do restitution to the victims and also do a sacrifice for their sins before the LORD. But you can start for example with why it was necessary a Calvary to begin with.

Also, you are assuming all murders want to repent. Imagine the abuse in the system if all judges and juries think like you? Murder, ask for forgiveness, repeat. Do you think God will be happy to see the bloodshed not being punished?

When people murder, they are not only sinning against the person that died, but also against the relatives left behind with an emptiness, against the community's law and order, and against God himself. Have you had any loved one murdered? When you leave the trenches you lose perspective.

God himself, as I posted from Genesis, says that the fair punishment for murder is death, and that should be executed by other men. That was said before the Law of Moses. If you don't do that, you are polluting the earth.
Genesis 9:5-6 (NKJV) 5 Surely for your lifeblood I will demand a reckoning; from the hand of every beast I will require it, and from the hand of man. From the hand of every man's brother I will require the life of man.
6 "Whoever sheds man's blood,
By man his blood shall be shed;
For in the image of God
He made man

Last edited by coksiw; 12-03-2021 at 04:14 PM.
Old 12-03-2021, 05:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
The scripture you quoted from John shows that Jesus was for capital punishment. Because it was part of the Law of Moses.
Thats why I separated what Im discussing with the New Testament believer.
Old 12-03-2021, 05:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
Nicodemus,
Saying "I'm sorry" is not enough for justice to be satisfied. Plenty of example of that in the Scriptures, the thief and the one that committed fraud had to do restitution to the victims and also do a sacrifice for their sins before the LORD. But you can start for example with why it was necessary a Calvary to begin with.

Also, you are assuming all murders want to repent. Imagine the abuse in the system if all judges and juries think like you? Murder, ask for forgiveness, repeat. Do you think God will be happy to see the bloodshed not being punished?

When people murder, they are not only sinning against the person that died, but also against the relatives left behind with an emptiness, against the community's law and order, and against God himself. Have you had any loved one murdered? When you leave the trenches you lose perspective.

God himself, as I posted from Genesis, says that the fair punishment for murder is death, and that should be executed by other men. That was said before the Law of Moses. If you don't do that, you are polluting the earth.
Genesis 9:5-6 (NKJV) 5 Surely for your lifeblood I will demand a reckoning; from the hand of every beast I will require it, and from the hand of man. From the hand of every man's brother I will require the life of man.
6 "Whoever sheds man's blood,
By man his blood shall be shed;
For in the image of God
He made man
Brother I don't believe all murders want to repent. I was blessed enough to be in the prison system giving bible studies to people that will never see the world outside the rec. fence. There were some in prison that probably if given the chance would go out and commit the same crime that got them incarcerated in the first place.

Yet, I believe we the church is held to the higher standard when it comes to issues of this caliber.
Old 12-03-2021, 05:52 PM
Registered Member

Imagine if we still lived under the Mosaic law, it would be the responsibility of the church to carry out the executions. Would that be fair to say?