Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-07-2021, 05:27 PM
Registered Member

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Looks like Tithesmeister allowed religion to clean his clock.

Tithesmeister, will be praying for you buddy.
Have you ever started a church?

But again, have you ever started a church?

Last edited by Tithesmeister; 12-07-2021 at 05:30 PM.
Old 12-07-2021, 05:32 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
I really thought you were more mature than this EB. That’s why I gave you the opportunity to edit your post. But you liked it the way it was.
Bro, you know the meaning of phraseology? When someone says build a church, it usually doesn't mean they are starting a religion. It can mean one or two things, they are literally building a building. Or they are starting to gather a church family together. Digging out a work doesn't mean we are literally using shovels. Paul didn't literally plant, and Apollos didn't literally water. God didn't literally grow a crop of grain. So, with all that being said how much planting and watering have you done Jimmy? 1 Corinthians 9:1 Paul lets the Greeks know that they were his work in the Lord. But as readers of the word, we don't go off half cocked thinking Paul believed it was done by him alone, and for him alone. Romans 2:16 Paul makes the statement that it was according to his gospel. But as students of the word, we don't assume that Paul meant that it was his creation.

Bro, if I offended you I'm sorry, but you have deep wounds concerning what happened to you through your walk. Allow Jesus to take care of this. People will be tithing, people will not be tithing, and people will not be caring either way, long after you and I are gone. Keep teaching what you teach, but just keep in mind that not all who wander are lost.

Oh, and I have done planting, and watering, and digging. God has given us good increase. Fort Lauderdale, Bogota Colombia, and Mexico. How bout you?
Old 12-07-2021, 05:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Bro, you know the meaning of phraseology? When someone says build a church, it usually doesn't mean they are starting a religion. It can mean one or two things, they are literally building a building. Or they are starting to gather a church family together. Digging out a work doesn't mean we are literally using shovels. Paul didn't literally plant, and Apollos didn't literally water. God didn't literally grow a crop of grain. So, with all that being said how much planting and watering have you done Jimmy? 1 Corinthians 9:1 Paul lets the Greeks know that they were his work in the Lord. But as readers of the word, we don't go off half cocked thinking Paul believed it was done by him alone, and for him alone. Romans 2:16 Paul makes the statement that it was according to his gospel. But as students of the word, we don't assume that Paul meant that it was his creation.

Bro, if I offended you I'm sorry, but you have deep wounds concerning what happened to you through your walk. Allow Jesus to take care of this. People will be tithing, people will not be tithing, and people will not be caring either way, long after you and I are gone. Keep teaching what you teach, but just keep in mind that not all who wander are lost.

Oh, and I have done planting, and watering, and digging. God has given us good increase. Fort Lauderdale, Bogota Colombia, and Mexico. How bout you?
I’m gonna keep mum brother. I’d hate to risk it being said that I boasted about what God has done. I’m happy for all that you have done for God.

And I appreciate your prayers.
Old 12-07-2021, 06:10 PM

Quote:
I believe Paul used his trade to support his calling. That is my point. If you dig ditches for a living it doesn’t mean you quit being a teacher, preacher, church elder, singer, piano player or witness for Jesus Christ.

Occupations are a way to get to talk to people in a way that otherwise may not be available to you. Most sermons are likely not preached in church buildings. My father sang and worked at the same time and he may well preach or witness if he believed it was appropriate. It doesn’t mean that he didn’t do a good job at both or all four. Does the calling to preach void a man of the ability and talent to drive nails? They are not mutually exclusive.

I do agree that the Bible is not only for the preachers to obey. It is for the church, which includes the preachers.

Aaaand I love you Brother. I sincerely hope you don’t believe otherwise. Because I tell you the truth, not because I DON’T love you, but I tell you the truth and back it with scripture because I do.

Otherwise I wouldn’t bother. Or as Paul the tentmaker would put it . . .

Gal.4

[16] Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

I believe Paul used both his tent making trade, and also was paid wages from atleast some churches, but not all, based off of this passage.

2 Cor. 12 Have I committed an offence in abasing myself that ye might be exalted, because I have preached to you the gospel of God freely?

8 I robbed other churches, taking wages of them, to do you service.

And POSSIBLY Phil. 4:15

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Eph. 4:29
Old 12-07-2021, 06:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shag View Post
I believe Paul used both his tent making trade, and also was paid wages from atleast some churches, but not all, based off of this passage.

2 Cor. 12 Have I committed an offence in abasing myself that ye might be exalted, because I have preached to you the gospel of God freely?

I agree. The issue is not giving. It is tithing. If they were teaching tithing in the New Testament Church, why was Paul not receiving tithes?

Answer: Paul was a Jew. He was a Benjamite ( not a Levite). He could not receive a tithe by law (and the Christian Jews were still zealously following the law). Jesus was from the tribe of Judah. According to the law, he was not allowed to receive tithes. So the New Testament Jews were still tithing, but they weren’t tithing to the church.

*And they weren’t tithing money.

Last edited by Tithesmeister; 12-07-2021 at 06:25 PM.
Old 12-07-2021, 07:08 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by shag View Post

That money wasn't provided by Paul to the Greek Judeans in Corinth. It's pretty hard words Paul is using against them. He is actually saying that the other churches provided for him and his crew, so he could be able to travel to the wealthy Corinthian church family. Paul's theme with money and ministerial support concerning Corinth is that they were providing for other ministers, and starving out Paul and his group.
Old 12-07-2021, 07:15 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I agree. The issue is not giving. It is tithing. If they were teaching tithing in the New Testament Church, why was Paul not receiving tithes?

Answer: Paul was a Jew. He was a Benjamite ( not a Levite). He could not receive a tithe by law (and the Christian Jews were still zealously following the law). Jesus was from the tribe of Judah. According to the law, he was not allowed to receive tithes. So the New Testament Jews were still tithing, but they weren’t tithing to the church.

*And they weren’t tithing money.
I bet Darrell Brooks doesn't give a dog's hind quarters about it. The media does, the media is so pleased that we are busy with other things to care about.

Why was Paul not receiving tithes? Because the church was communal, and they didn't just give ten percent. They gave it all.

Listen go start another thread.
Old 12-07-2021, 08:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I bet Darrell Brooks doesn't give a dog's hind quarters about it. The media does, the media is so pleased that we are busy with other things to care about.

Why was Paul not receiving tithes? Because the church was communal, and they didn't just give ten percent. They gave it all.

I would EB, but I’m having too much fun on this one.
Old 12-07-2021, 08:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Rubbish
Old 12-07-2021, 11:40 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
Rubbish
Proverbs 18:6 the fool's mouth calls for a fat lip. Then they wonder why we end up having a hair pulling contest.

The first century church was communal Acts 2:44.

Acts 4:34-35 There were no needy ones among them, because those who owned lands or houses would sell their property, bring the proceeds from the sales, and lay them at the apostles’ feet for distribution to anyone as he had need.

This set a precedence for how the church was to behave in the first century.

Gatherings were in homes, they shared everything, and pooled all their assets together. Romans 15:26 contributions wasn't what we think of today, but the early church used everything they had to take care of each other. Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each one should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not out of regret or compulsion. For God loves a cheerful giver. these lines in 2nd Corinthians are concerning collections for those who were in need. Paul saying that he robbed other churches so that he could minister in Corinth, was to point out that in their community they lacked nothing. Unlike the Jerusalem commune who were on hard times due to all the upheavals in the city of Jerusalem. No, there was no ten percent of your wage, it was everything you had.

Now, Jerusalem commune knew that their city was doomed. Therefore they took property sold it, and gave everyone as they had need. This was the opposite of what the Prophet Jeremiah did in Jeremiah 32:1-17. deeds were drawn up and placed in a vessel that would last a long time. To show that they would one day return. this doesn't happen in Acts.

Church evolved from what it was then, to what it is today. They didn't have church buildings, they didn't have parsonages, they weren't incorporated, they weren't part of the Roman system of taxation, equivalent to a 501c3. They didn't have to pay light bills, heating bills, water bills for a building that housed no one. They went house to house, some houses were large enough to fill up with a large group of the church family. No just meeting on the Sabbath, but the were together daily. Modern church only meets together 5 hours a week? maybe more? Maybe less? Everyone wants to believe they are doing just like they did it in the first century. But the reality is, they are doing it more like the early Roman church.