Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.


Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
holy spirit, tongues

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #281  
Old 03-13-2017, 02:19 PM
w4yne w4yne is offline
Banned


 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Infinite Infinity
Posts: 240
Re: Receiving The Holy Spirit & Speaking In Tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey View Post

To claim one believes Jesus Christ is the son of God, is only true if one believes and does what He says. [Luke 6:46] "Why do you call Me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?
They did not do what He said because they did not want too. Just like when you believe that overeating will make you fat but you do it anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #282  
Old 03-13-2017, 02:23 PM
w4yne w4yne is offline
Banned


 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Infinite Infinity
Posts: 240
Re: Receiving The Holy Spirit & Speaking In Tongue

You can believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God
and not obey Him.

They have been doing it for ...long before you were on earth.


Would you say to your child....

Why do you call me daddy and do not what I say?

Is it because your child did not believe you were his daddy?

Did your child disobey you because they did not believe you were their daddy?

They disobeyed you because...THEY WANTED TOO.

Last edited by w4yne; 03-13-2017 at 02:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #283  
Old 03-14-2017, 12:17 PM
covey covey is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Texas
Posts: 792
Re: Receiving The Holy Spirit & Speaking In Tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4yne View Post
Then how do you account for this written in the bible
to which contradicts this here you have stated?

Acts
Chapter 10

44 While Peter yet spake these words,
the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished,
as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out
the gift of the Holy Ghost.

46 For they heard them speak with tongues,
and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized,
which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord.
Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.
Huh? Explain how you think it contradicts what I said?
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old 03-14-2017, 12:18 PM
covey covey is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Texas
Posts: 792
Re: Receiving The Holy Spirit & Speaking In Tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4yne View Post
They did not do what He said because they did not want too. Just like when you believe that overeating will make you fat but you do it anyway.
Duh.
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Old 03-14-2017, 12:25 PM
covey covey is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Texas
Posts: 792
Re: Receiving The Holy Spirit & Speaking In Tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4yne View Post
Then how do you account for this written in the bible
to which contradicts this here you have stated?

Mark
Chapter 10

38 But Jesus said unto them, Ye know not what ye ask:
can ye drink of the cup that I drink of? and be baptized
with the baptism that I am baptized with?

39 And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them,
Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism
that I am baptized withal shall ye be baptized:
First, you need to state exactly what you see is a contradiction for me to answer you. IU zee no contradiction.

Second, what baptism do you think Jesus was about to go through? And, what similar baptism would these apostle go through too? After-all, as disciples of Jesus, they were already baptized. See John 3-4.

I will save you the time and answer for you. The baptism Jesus spoke of was the baptism of his LITERAL death, burial, and resurrection. The apostle he spoke to would indeed die, be buried, and resurrected on the last day. Therefore, they too would go through the same baptism of Christ.

Now, does that contradict what I said?
Reply With Quote
  #286  
Old 03-14-2017, 12:46 PM
Johnson Johnson is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 21
Re: Receiving The Holy Spirit & Speaking In Tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey View Post
Huh? Explain how you think it contradicts what I said?
Explain how what you said doesn't contradict it?
Reply With Quote
  #287  
Old 03-14-2017, 12:49 PM
Johnson Johnson is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 21
Re: Receiving The Holy Spirit & Speaking In Tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey View Post

Now, does that contradict what I said?
You contradict yourself so much that it would be easier for you to cut and past anything that you have said that is not in contradiction to anything else you have said.
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Old 03-14-2017, 12:49 PM
covey covey is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Texas
Posts: 792
Re: Receiving The Holy Spirit & Speaking In Tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson View Post
Explain how what you said doesn't contradict it?
How can I? I don't see a contradiction. If you see it, explain.
Reply With Quote
  #289  
Old 03-14-2017, 12:50 PM
Johnson Johnson is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 21
Re: Receiving The Holy Spirit & Speaking In Tongue

You even contradict yourself quoting verses to support your argument.
Reply With Quote
  #290  
Old 03-14-2017, 12:51 PM
Johnson Johnson is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 21
Re: Receiving The Holy Spirit & Speaking In Tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey View Post
How can I? I don't see a contradiction. If you see it, explain.
Who is on first base?

I am on first base.

Who is you.

I am not you.

Blah blah blah and more blah blah blah
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Holy Ghost Speaking Thru Us? Tongues BeenThinkin Fellowship Hall 17 02-02-2011 08:10 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Salome

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.