Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2023, 07:12 AM
Registered Member

Re: Bott 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Tennie McCarty and Shades of Hope was promoted by Mickey and by Misty Calk, who was brought up towards the end. One of the things McCarty and SOH does is "Inner Child Therapy," which is trying to go back into your childhood to determine if there's some kind of unresolved trauma or issues. This is one of my main objections to therapists. I don't believe in going back to the past and dredging up potential trauma or issues. Especially not as an Apostolic who believes in regeneration. The past is under the blood, leave it there.
Just offering my thoughts on the highlighted portion, judging from our past discussions we’re not going to agree on much. Not looking to debate or argue, just putting in my two cents.

The past is not the past if it is still is present with you. I’m sorry to say this yet, many in the church still struggle heavily because there are issues in their past that they have not gotten victory over. Not to be funny, yet it’s more than just “I skinned my knee when I was 8”. I’m talking about sexual perversions, parental issues, etc. this will affect a child’s spirit heavily. They take that into adult hood, in the church or not and it affects them. We can blindly say, it’s under the blood, yet is it? If it was, why is it coming up?