Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-29-2009, 07:51 AM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

Re: What can Satan do?

I can only tell you of my experience....
When I was much younger, I woke up from a disturbing sleep, when I tried to push the covers off, I couldn't move my arms. There was a heavy something on my chest pushing me down to the point I could not breathe. There was also a frightening aura-spirit-presence?? that is hard to describe, but to this day I can't forget it. I tried to scream out but I couldn't.
My mother passed the room doorway and immediately felt something and without even seeing me or hearing me, she ran into the room and started praying, yelling, screaming the Name of Jesus and started speaking in tongues. I immediately was able to breath, I scrambled out of bed into her arms where she held me and continued to pray over me. That's when I knew that there is an evil one and the Bible told the Truth.
The good news is...I gotta day off school!!!!! Stoopid devil!!!!
Old 07-29-2009, 07:57 AM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
I can only tell you of my experience....
When I was much younger, I woke up from a disturbing sleep, when I tried to push the covers off, I couldn't move my arms. There was a heavy something on my chest pushing me down to the point I could not breathe. There was also a frightening aura-spirit-presence?? that is hard to describe, but to this day I can't forget it. I tried to scream out but I couldn't.
My mother passed the room doorway and immediately felt something and without even seeing me or hearing me, she ran into the room and started praying, yelling, screaming the Name of Jesus and started speaking in tongues. I immediately was able to breath, I scrambled out of bed into her arms where she held me and continued to pray over me. That's when I knew that there is an evil one and the Bible told the Truth.
The good news is...I gotta day off school!!!!! Stoopid devil!!!!
Ever heard of sleep paralysis? Demons used to be (and sometimes still are) blamed for epilepsy, too.
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 07-29-2009, 08:02 AM
crakjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
Is there anything they can do?
Man has been given authority in the earth, demons are impowered by man's relinquishing of his God given authority. It is by our thoughts and our words that we empower evil.

"...is that (wimp) man the one that troubled the nations?"
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org

Last edited by crakjak; 07-29-2009 at 08:05 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:03 AM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

Quote:
Ever heard of sleep paralysis? Demons used to be (and sometimes still are) blamed for epilepsy, too.
No I hadn't and I read your link thanks. I'm also glad that it only occured once. Question though, how did my mom feel my paralysis from the hallway without hearing or seeing me?
Old 07-29-2009, 08:04 AM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

I gotta run Timiteo, I'll be back to read.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:07 AM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
No I hadn't and I read your link thanks. I'm also glad that it only occured once. Question though, how did my mom feel my paralysis from the hallway without hearing or seeing me?
Oh, moms definitely have a special ability to sense when their little ones need them!

Why am I not surprised?
Old 07-29-2009, 08:08 AM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Oh, moms definitely have a special ability to sense when their little ones need them!
(Or when they're being naughty! )

Why am I not surprised?
Old 07-29-2009, 08:41 AM
"One Mind...OneAccord"

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AQuietPlace* View Post
Are you saying that his first set of children did not really die?
Well, no, not exactly. I'm saying that, IMO, there was no "two sets of children". The children of the first chapter are the same children of the last chapter. 7 sons, 3 daughters. (1:2, 42:13). They never died. Job was only TOLD that they had died. No where in the Book of Job do we find evidence that had, in fact, died. Jobs substance (ie, livestock ) was doubled, but not his children. They were yet alive.

I believe this for a couple of reasons. Mainly because I don't think God, in his love and mercy, would allow Satan to kill Job's children in order to "win a bet" with the devil. The Bible says that Satans demons can and do transform themselves into "angels of light" for the purpose of deception. These messengers that informed Job of his calamities were just that... false messengers that decieved Job into thinking he had lost it all... including his children, who were all away at the time at the eldest sons house (1:13). How convenient it is for Satan to decieve when people are divided and separated. 1 Cor. 3:3

Compare the story of Job with 1 Kings 22:20-22. Satan, and, apparently sometimes God, uses evil spirits to decieve people in order to acheive a means.

2Th 2:9 [Even him], whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

No, I find no evidence in the Scripture that supports the belief Job's children died in Job 1. I do find evidence that Satan decieved Job, and that theme is thru out the Bible. Satan, IMO, has NO power but to decieve. And does so thru what ever means is available to him, including false preachers and teachers.

Jobs boils? Hives. (2:7) Caused by extreme anxiety and remorse. I developed hives when my wife became sick. Two things relieved the itching: 1) Scratching (a "potsherd" would have been a great relief from the itching, but would have caused sores (boils). And 2) Powder. Job used ashes for relief, I used some kind of medicated powder.

Waiting for the Lord is easy... Waiting patiently? Not so much.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:50 AM
Don't ask.

Again, in order to actively deceive people, Satan must have some ability to communicate the deception. You say he may use false preachers and teachers. How? By giving them words to say?

And again, "he" could accomplish this goal without even existing! How? People get ideas. They believe them. They tell others about them. Some ideas are good and true, some are not. The bad/false teachings are propogated, and others looking on may say "that's a lie from the devil!" Simple.

Why am I not surprised?
Old 07-29-2009, 08:52 AM
Love God, Love Your Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneAccord View Post
Well, no, not exactly. I'm saying that, IMO, there was no "two sets of children". The children of the first chapter are the same children of the last chapter. 7 sons, 3 daughters. (1:2, 42:13). They never died. Job was only TOLD that they had died. No where in the Book of Job do we find evidence that had, in fact, died. Jobs substance (ie, livestock ) was doubled, but not his children. They were yet alive.

I believe this for a couple of reasons. Mainly because I don't think God, in his love and mercy, would allow Satan to kill Job's children in order to "win a bet" with the devil. The Bible says that Satans demons can and do transform themselves into "angels of light" for the purpose of deception. These messengers that informed Job of his calamities were just that... false messengers that decieved Job into thinking he had lost it all... including his children, who were all away at the time at the eldest sons house (1:13). How convenient it is for Satan to decieve when people are divided and separated. 1 Cor. 3:3

Compare the story of Job with 1 Kings 22:20-22. Satan, and, apparently sometimes God, uses evil spirits to decieve people in order to acheive a means.

2Th 2:9 [Even him], whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

No, I find no evidence in the Scripture that supports the belief Job's children died in Job 1. I do find evidence that Satan decieved Job, and that theme is thru out the Bible. Satan, IMO, has NO power but to decieve. And does so thru what ever means is available to him, including false preachers and teachers.

Jobs boils? Hives. (2:7) Caused by extreme anxiety and remorse. I developed hives when my wife became sick. Two things relieved the itching: 1) Scratching (a "potsherd" would have been a great relief from the itching, but would have caused sores (boils). And 2) Powder. Job used ashes for relief, I used some kind of medicated powder.
That's an interesting theory. I've always had difficulty with the idea of God killing Job's children, and then giving him more. To me, it wouldn't matter how many more children I had, children are not replaceable.

These verses, though, makes it seem as though he had 'different' children, because it talks about him naming them:

12And the LORD blessed(Q) the latter days of Job more than his beginning. And he had(R) 14,000 sheep, 6,000 camels, 1,000 yoke of oxen, and 1,000 female donkeys. 13He had also(S) seven sons and three daughters. 14And he called the name of the first daughter Jemimah, and the name of the second Keziah, and the name of the third Keren-happuch. 15And in all the land there were no women so beautiful as Job’s daughters. And their father gave them an inheritance(T) among their brothers. 16And after this Job lived 140 years, and(U) saw his sons, and his sons’ sons, four generations. 17And Job died, an old man, and(V) full of days.

Doesn't necessarily refute your theory, just interesting wording.

What about his property losses? It was a messenger that told of those losses, too, right?