Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-18-2022, 09:05 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Thumbs down Re: Meal prepping for the week

Quote:
Originally Posted by shag View Post
But as a middle aged man, can I eat a plant based diet and still have meat on my bones and a reasonable testosterone level?
Yes

The Plant-Based Athlete by Matt Frazier and Robert Cheeke reveals the incontrovertible proof that the human body does not need meat, eggs, or dairy to be strong. Instead, research shows that a consciously calibrated plant-based diet offers the greatest possible recovery times, cell oxidation, injury prevention, and restorative sleep, and allows athletes to train more effectively, with better results.

However, committing to a plant-based diet as an elite athlete, first-time marathoner, or weekend warrior isn't as simple as swapping vegetables for meat. Even the slightest food adjustments can impact performance. That's why Matt Frazier, founder of No Meat Athlete, and Robert Cheeke, founder of Vegan Bodybuilding, wrote this groundbreaking book, to guide those interested in making this important shift in how to do so with the best, most transformative results.

The Plant-Based Athlete offers readers:

A persuasive body of evidence for adopting a plant-based lifestyle, with key information about how macronutrients, micronutrients, and calories fuel a body running on plant foods
An entire chapter devoted to protein - why plant sources of protein are preferable over meat, and how plant protein can be used to increase strength, muscle mass, and power
60+ delicious and nutritious plant-based recipes, including Veggie Burger Patties, Garden Meatballs, Summer Pasta Salad, Vegan Mac & Cheese, French Toast, Acai Bowl, and a High-Energy Smoothie
Insights from winning plant-based athletes in nearly every sport including champion ultrarunners Rich Roll and Scott Jurek; former NFL player David Carter; champion boxers Yuri Foreman, Unsal Arik, Cam Awesome, and Vanessa Espinoza; and Olympic-level swimmers, cyclists, figure skaters, sprinters, and more.
A Day in the Life of a Plant-Based Athlete - examples of what, when, and how different athletes eat to fuel their varied workouts
An instant classic and mainstay on health and fitness shelves everywhere, The Plant-Based Athlete is the ultimate invitation for joining the growing community of athletes who use plants to power their workouts and their every day.

Review
"You would be wise to take heed of the advice in this book, as it is essential for creating a lifestyle—not a diet—to improve your athletic capabilities, as well as your overall quality of life." -- Michael Greger, MD, New York Times bestselling author of How Not to Die

" The Plant-Based Athlete is the exact game-changing book that I've been looking for for more than twenty years that answers challenging and important questions about sports nutrition using decades of evidence-based nutritional science." -- Cyrus Khambatta, PhD, coauthor of Mastering Diabetes

"Matt Frazier and Robert Cheeke have written what should become the seminal book on diet, athleticism, and physical fitness." -- T. Colin Campbell, PhD, professor emeritus of nutritional biochemistry, Cornell University, and coauthor of The China Study

"All great books plant seeds for transformation. The Plant-Based Athlete is one of those books. This is essential reading for getting the most out of sport and life." -- Scott Jurek, world champion ultrarunner and author of Eat & Run and North

"Your endurance, energy, and recovery will skyrocket. Yes, you will get all the protein you need. But you'll also be powering your engine with the premium fuel—fiber, phytonutrients, polyphenols. Unleash your full potential with The Plant-Based Athlete today!" -- Will Bulsiewicz, MD, MSCI, author of Fiber-Fueled

"Thank you, Matt and Robert, for this important and insghtful book. Highly recommend!" -- Chloe Coscarelli, vegan chef and author of Chloe Flavor

About the Author
MATT FRAZIER is the founder and CEO of No Meat Athlete and author of The No Meat Athlete Cookbook. He is a marathoner and ultrarunner, and qualified for the Boston Marathon with the help of a plant-based diet. Matt is the host of the No Meat Athlete podcast. He lives in Asheville, NC, with his family.

ROBERT CHEEKE is the founder of Vegan Bodybuilding and is a two-time natural bodybuilding champion. He is the author of Shred It!, is a public speaker, and has followed a plant-based diet for more than twenty-five years. He lives in Fort Collins, CO with his family.

Product information
Publisher ‎HarperOne (June 15, 2021)
Language ‎English
Hardcover ‎352 pages
ISBN-10 ‎0063042010
ISBN-13 ‎978-0063042018
Item Weight ‎1.1 pounds

Last edited by Amanah; 03-18-2022 at 09:09 AM.
Old 03-18-2022, 09:14 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Re: Meal prepping for the week

The game changer
With Arnold Schwarzenegger
Plant based body building

https://youtu.be/2E_K86jtE58
Old 03-18-2022, 09:49 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
The game changer
With Arnold Schwarzenegger
Plant based body building

https://youtu.be/2E_K86jtE58
I'm sorry, but that video is vegan propaganda. Roman military and gladiators ate animal products. All the ancient to 1800s strongmen, ate animal products, their strength was legendary. The Arnold Sports Festival was just this month. Arnold Schwarzenegger had not one vegetarian win any of the meets. Before their showings, they eat a no carb diet. I respect you greatly, please don't take me the wrong way. But my wife and I were strict vegans in an Apostolic world where cheesy corn bake and banana pudding is king. What I found out is that a strict vegan diet was no for me. As far as testosterone levels, vegan gainz were not up to par. My wife worked at a Seventh Day Adventist Health food store, and all the old strict Health Adventists looked gaunt, like beef jerky on two legs. The men from young to old were slender but weak. Even those who worked construction. My high animal based diet turned everything around for me. My eldest daughter was raised vegan, the only non plant based nutrition she got was nursing. My youngest was fed meat, buffalo in Utah, when she was toddler. Utah was the road that brought me out of veganism. I was there, I was fed all the propaganda. But like religion, it has its doctrines through all the different diets. Whether it's plant based, or animal based, because isms just create devotees, who defend a teaching.

All I can say, is that veganism didn't work for me. That in my years of studied concerning the ancient world, especially Roman. They weren't vegans. They weren't eating plants, especially in an empire that honored the bloody bull and boar. They ate on the run, which was bow and speared game. They could only eat vegetation which was "seasonal" because they didn't have Publix, or Whole Foods Market. Please keep in mind that vegetation is seasonal, but animals aren't. Also that like religion, books, and videos have an agenda. If this was a video which had archeologists questioning the validity of Jesus Christ, you might not be ready to accept its findings. But since it is in an area which you are a follower, you may gloss over some of its illogical findings. Again, I deeply respect you, you are an extremely intelligent person and an asset to these discussions we have here In Jesus name
Old 03-18-2022, 10:25 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Elder Benincasa.

I appreciate your perspective.

I believe that our pre agricultural early ancestors were likely omnivores, eating whatever they could manage to eat. They probably subsisted on plants, fish and insects, occasionally bolstered with meat. The difference between eating lean wild game, and industrial meat is vast. I have issues with how our food is raised, processed, slaughtered, and therefore prefer to eat organic veggies, with occasional wild caught fish, and organic free range eggs.

Whatever one chooses to eat, care and thought needs to be given to how food is processed.

This is my basic diet:
https://images.app.goo.gl/wYXpCkPTHC9FMnbT7

Gladiators were 'mostly vegetarian'
By Sean Coughlan
BBC News education correspondent

Published22 October 2014

BBC TV. Colosseum: Rome's Arena of death

Gladiators were more likely to be in the queue for the vegetarian option

Roman gladiators had a diet that was mostly vegetarian, according to an analysis of bones from a cemetery where the arena fighters were buried.

The study has been carried out by academics from the Medical University of Vienna in Austria and the University of Bern in Switzerland.

They found the gladiator diet was grain-based and mostly meat-free.

The examination of gladiator bones also found evidence they drank a drink made from plant ashes.

This ash drink was a form of health-boosting tonic to help gladiators recover after fighting and training.
https://www.bbc.com/news/education-29723384

Last edited by Amanah; 03-18-2022 at 10:51 AM.
Old 03-18-2022, 11:15 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Elder Benincasa.

I believe that our pre agricultural early ancestors were likely omnivores, eating whatever they could manage to eat. They probably subsisted on plants, fish and insects, occasionally bolstered with meat. The difference between eating lean wild game, and industrial meat is vast. I have issues with how our food is raised, processed, slaughtered, and therefore prefer to eat organic veggies, with occasional wild caught fish, and organic free range eggs.

Whatever one chooses to eat, care and thought needs to be given to how food is processed.

This is my basic diet:

By Sean Coughlan

Published22 October 2014

Roman gladiators had a diet that was mostly vegetarian, according to an analysis of bones from a cemetery where the arena fighters were buried.

The study has been carried out by academics from the Medical University of Vienna in Austria and the University of Bern in Switzerland.

The examination of gladiator bones also found evidence they drank a drink made from plant ashes.

This ash drink was a form of health-boosting tonic to help gladiators recover after fighting and training.
Now that is interesting. I never thought that the gladiators could've been vegetarians.

For me personally I wouldn't go on a vegan/vegetarian diet. Yet, I remember about 10-12 years my blood pressure was a little high. I decided just off the cuff to go meatless except fish. I ate, rice, beans, fish and vegetable for a month, and within that month my blood pressure dropped to normal. Now, with that said, the last time I checked my blood pressure I was eating meat, and it was 119/72.

There is a reason why I believe the garden of eden was there to sustain life, only after the flood did they eat meat. In my opinion.
Old 03-18-2022, 11:23 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Now that is interesting. I never thought that the gladiators could've been vegetarians.

For me personally I wouldn't go on a vegan/vegetarian diet. Yet, I remember about 10-12 years my blood pressure was a little high. I decided just off the cuff to go meatless except fish. I ate, rice, beans, fish and vegetable for a month, and within that month my blood pressure dropped to normal. Now, with that said, the last time I checked my blood pressure I was eating meat, and it was 119/72.

There is a reason why I believe the garden of eden was there to sustain life, only after the flood did they eat meat. In my opinion.
My Sister lost weight, lowered her blood pressure,
and reversed diabetes on a plant based diet. Its key to eat whole foods and no junk food.
https://www.amazon.com/Mastering-Dia.../dp/059318999X

Last edited by Amanah; 03-18-2022 at 11:47 AM.
Old 03-18-2022, 02:44 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Good God in Zion.
Old 03-18-2022, 03:54 PM
New User

https://historyofyesterday.com/debun...t-8de7813d4625
Old 03-18-2022, 04:20 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Elder Benincasa.

We have no large populations throughout ancient history were the society was vegan, or focused on plant based diet. Animals were the large part of the diet. When I say animals i don't just mean livestock, but reptiles, birds, all sorts of fresh water and sea life. We eat diary products since recorded time. because our ancestors were herders of live stock, sheep goats, cattle. Pigs, and fowl. Some cultures eating horses. Animal fat for centuries used to cook. While I was a vegan, even while I was still eating salads, and vegetables. You can see that they never truly digest, which is hard on the gut. I never seen an undigested piece of ribeye in the toilet.

Quote:

This is my basic diet:
Most items on your list cause hormonal, and intestinal imbalances in males. Legumes, cruciferous vegetables, nuts, seeds, and whole grains, as in oatmeal cereals. Cruciferous vegetables, legumes, contain "raffinose" which is a trisaccharide composed of galactose, glucose, and fructose that remains undigested until bacteria in your gut ferment it, which produces gas and, in turn, makes you bloat. In short, these foods are extremely hard on the gut. Also not helping with our gut flora, but increasing bad gut bacteria which overflows causing bloating. Now, if you thrive on all that is listed, then praise Jesus. But as for me and my house, for years of eating that way just caused issues we no longer want to deal with. I have zero digestion issues, since going full carnivore. Blood pressure is excellent, BMI is excellent, energy is amazing, and sleep is awesome. As far as strength as a vegan, and now carnivore, is incomparable.

Quote:
By Sean Coughlan

Published22 October 2014

Sister, this is one article of one archeological dig which was done in one single location. The research based on an excavation of the graves of 22 individuals. Why were they all called gladiators "swordsmen?" Not because they were buried with armor. But because they had busted skulls. We are also told that these gladiators had a nickname "barley men."
But we are not told where that phrase comes from. It came from Pliny the Elder, which is the only source. No one else uses this "nickname" in antiquity. As I have mentioned in posts before. History is recorded by people making guesses, giving us the skinny answer, instead of doing the hard detective work. Therefore everything is up for debate, and debate they do. take this article for instance it is made up of snippets of a larger paper and a National Geographic article. But I digress, we have this interesting statement;

"But there were bones from two people that seemed to have a different pattern, revealing a diet much higher in animal protein and lower in beans and pulses."

Here we have two individuals who were on a low carb diet? All gladiators were owned property. I know of one who was so great a fighter and loved by his audiences that he was the highest paid gladiator. Barley was slave food, and a porridge was made to feed your "losers" who were thrown in the arena for training, and entertainment.

The article also make this statement which is telling;

"This could show there were gladiators originally from other parts of the Roman empire who had a different type of diet."

Ya think? So, here is the agenda setting. We are led to believe that the whole of the empire granola eating gladiators. Well, the researchers aren't saying that in the article. Because more research must be done.

The gladiators were mainly prisoners of war, slaves and condemned offenders. We have have graves of 22 men, 20 were losers, and 2 were low carb high protein gladiators.
Old 03-18-2022, 04:33 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post