Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-21-2023, 07:47 PM
Registered Member

Re: Bott 2023

When I was in High School, living in it (basically a brainwashing method), in my communist country of origin, we had what I consider a revival.

I began to gather other Christians for prayer. We started with only two of us who were Trinitarian Pentecostals that still had some holiness back then, then people from other denominations joined us: baptist, methodists, etc... When we reached the number of 8, as we were praying in the middle of nowhere in the countryside (since what we were doing was prohibited), the "baptist", as he described it, saw the dark sky being filled with a great light, and then the light came down on him. As result, he fell on his knees a began to speak in tongues loud and clear. From my perspective, I was feeling the presence of God at that moment, and then I saw him going down on his knees suddenly crying and speaking in tongues. Then, he described (as he saw in vision, and reported after the meeting) that the light began to move towards each one of us, and as the light reached one, we would see that one kneeling and speaking in tongues. At the end, all in the group began to speak in tongues. To clarify, me and my Trinitarian Pentecostal friend had spoken in tongues before, so not everyone in there was without the experience before. All that didn't have it, were all filled with the Spirit, and those that did, spoke in tongues too. The "baptist" stopped being that kind of baptist.

After that experience, great miracles began to happen. There were people with demons being delivered with great power, others were instantly healed in front of bunch of unbelievers by the imposition of hands, the prophetic manifested (not just of blessing but also judgments, and coming to past almost immediately), and the sharing of the gospel spread. We were certainly threatened by the authorities (I personally was, as I was considered the one that started the thing, but wasn't) and beaten and robbed by heaters, but our group when from 8 to close to 40 in less than 2 years. When I left High School for the University, the group still met on the countryside, in the middle of nowhere, at dusk.

We used to get sent back home every two weeks for a weekend. The group was also testifying of God's works at their home town thru their hands, which included miracles, conversions, and such, during those weekends they were at home.

I believe I have given details of some of the miracles in other threads, but just trying to make a point this time.

I personally haven't seen a revival like that happened before at that level. Not even in UPCI churches and evangelist revival events. That's how a true revival looks to me. Don't get me wrong, those events called "revival" are indeed edifying, encouraging, and some do get saved thru them, but I have never seen one at the level I have seen before.

Last edited by coksiw; 02-21-2023 at 08:08 PM.
Old 02-21-2023, 08:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
I'm so sorry, I mean no offense ( I know that's hard to believe )

But, that video of the preaching was drier than a mummy's pocket.

Please forgive me in advance.
I was just sharing the facts. I have a hard time believing the preaching had anything to do with it. I don't see anything in that preaching about "Holy Spirit" and "speaking in tongues" as some have testified that it was said echoing someone's post somewhere.

I heard on twitter that Asbury Seminary is the one that is OK with lgbt, but Asbury University (where the "revival" is happening) has a biblical stand on sexuality. However, a "queer" student said that he was glad that people of color, women, and "queers" friends were leading the worship (https://twitter.com/JustinPetersMin/...33291963957250). So I don't know if that was a plain lie, or the Asbury University ain't aware of what's truly going on there and thinks everything is in agreement with their stand. It could even be that the "queer" friend seen is not longer "queer". I haven't even verified the sexuality stand of the Seminary vs the University, either, yet.

I want to believe it is a true move of the Spirit on a few that went out of proportion regarding popularity by those seeking an experience. I want to believe that the "queer" situation was an oversight of the University not realizing who is standing up there to represent the body of Christ. Not all Methodists groups are equal anyways. Some are very conservative, as the ones I personally know. But I'm not judging anything until I examine the facts.

I know for a fact, and personal experience, that non-holiness Trinitarians do feel the move of God mightily at times. I also know for a fact, including personal experience, that some lose the move of God for not responding to the call of the Spirit to holiness and truth.

Last edited by coksiw; 02-21-2023 at 08:16 PM.
Old 02-21-2023, 09:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
I was just sharing the facts. I have a hard time believing the preaching had anything to do with it. I don't see anything in that preaching about "Holy Spirit" and "speaking in tongues" as some have testified that it was said echoing someone's post somewhere.

I heard on twitter that Asbury Seminary is the one that is OK with lgbt, but Asbury University (where the "revival" is happening) has a biblical stand on sexuality. However, a "queer" student said that he was glad that people of color, women, and "queers" friends were leading the worship (https://twitter.com/JustinPetersMin/...33291963957250). So I don't know if that was a plain lie, or the Asbury University ain't aware of what's truly going on there and thinks everything is in agreement with their stand. It could even be that the "queer" friend seen is not longer "queer". I haven't even verified the sexuality stand of the Seminary vs the University, either, yet.

I want to believe it is a true move of the Spirit on a few that went out of proportion regarding popularity by those seeking an experience. I want to believe that the "queer" situation was an oversight of the University not realizing who is standing up there to represent the body of Christ. Not all Methodists groups are equal anyways. Some are very conservative, as the ones I personally know. But I'm not judging anything until I examine the facts.

I know for a fact, and personal experience, that non-holiness Trinitarians do feel the move of God mightily at times. I also know for a fact, including personal experience, that some lose the move of God for not responding to the call of the Spirit to holiness and truth.
Man, I even remember spontaneous moves of God in his grace, and some individuals who were obviously living in unrepentant sin, pushing themselves thru to be included, and trying to be part of the prayer, and wanting protagonism, and wanting to be included in the ministering, yet without repentance. And they do get away with it, messing things, if there is not also a strong stand on apostolic doctrine like the original revival of Acts 2:38 was, namely perseverance in the apostolic doctrine, and a established authority (first the apostles, then elders, in Acts, etc...).

I think it is possible that the Asbury case probably started by a few having some sort of experience with God, totally unrelated with the preaching, but more because of their faith, and then that turning in what it is today out of massive propagation in part thanks to the president of the Seminary calling all students to join the 20 praying students in an email.
Old 02-21-2023, 11:37 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Hosea 4:1-19 KJV
Hear the word of the Lord, ye children of Israel: for the Lord hath a controversy with the inhabitants of the land, because there is no truth, nor mercy, nor knowledge of God in the land. [2] By swearing, and lying, and killing, and stealing, and committing adultery, they break out, and blood toucheth blood. [3] Therefore shall the land mourn, and every one that dwelleth therein shall languish, with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven; yea, the fishes of the sea also shall be taken away. [4] Yet let no man strive, nor reprove another: for thy people are as they that strive with the priest. [5] Therefore shalt thou fall in the day, and the prophet also shall fall with thee in the night, and I will destroy thy mother. [6] My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children. [7] As they were increased, so they sinned against me: therefore will I change their glory into shame. [8] They eat up the sin of my people, and they set their heart on their iniquity. [9] And there shall be, like people, like priest: and I will punish them for their ways, and reward them their doings. [10] For they shall eat, and not have enough: they shall commit whoredom, and shall not increase: because they have left off to take heed to the Lord. [11] Whoredom and wine and new wine take away the heart. [12] My people ask counsel at their stocks, and their staff declareth unto them: for the spirit of whoredoms hath caused them to err, and they have gone a whoring from under their God. [13] They sacrifice upon the tops of the mountains, and burn incense upon the hills, under oaks and poplars and elms, because the shadow thereof is good: therefore your daughters shall commit whoredom, and your spouses shall commit adultery. [14] I will not punish your daughters when they commit whoredom, nor your spouses when they commit adultery: for themselves are separated with whores, and they sacrifice with harlots: therefore the people that doth not understand shall fall. [15] Though thou, Israel, play the harlot, yet let not Judah offend; and come not ye unto Gilgal, neither go ye up to Beth-aven, nor swear, The Lord liveth. [16] For Israel slideth back as a backsliding heifer: now the Lord will feed them as a lamb in a large place. [17] Ephraim is joined to idols: let him alone. [18] Their drink is sour: they have committed whoredom continually: her rulers with shame do love, Give ye. [19] The wind hath bound her up in her wings, and they shall be ashamed because of their sacrifices.

If people actually realized how close our nation is to becoming another footnote on the trash heap of history, we might actually have a revival.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 02-22-2023, 06:02 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

This is the stand on sexuality of the Asbury University: https://www.asbury.edu/wp-content/up...-Statement.pdf

Such statement is the same stand as the Global Methodist Church, which is the conservative methodists that left the United Methodist Church on the LGBT issue.

No idea how that plays out with the front stage participation of those "queers" (homosexual) students.

Last edited by coksiw; 02-22-2023 at 06:04 AM.
Old 02-22-2023, 06:57 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:

The video you posted was of a homosexual teaching a Bible study?

No wonder he was giving a plug to a taco shop, latte shop, and gelato shop.
Old 02-22-2023, 07:33 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
When I was in High School, living in it (basically a brainwashing method), in my communist country of origin, we had what I consider a revival.

I began to gather other Christians for prayer. We started with only two of us who were Trinitarian Pentecostals that still had some holiness back then, then people from other denominations joined us: baptist, methodists, etc... When we reached the number of 8, as we were praying in the middle of nowhere in the countryside (since what we were doing was prohibited), the "baptist", as he described it, saw the dark sky being filled with a great light, and then the light came down on him. As result, he fell on his knees a began to speak in tongues loud and clear. From my perspective, I was feeling the presence of God at that moment, and then I saw him going down on his knees suddenly crying and speaking in tongues. Then, he described (as he saw in vision, and reported after the meeting) that the light began to move towards each one of us, and as the light reached one, we would see that one kneeling and speaking in tongues. At the end, all in the group began to speak in tongues. To clarify, me and my Trinitarian Pentecostal friend had spoken in tongues before, so not everyone in there was without the experience before. All that didn't have it, were all filled with the Spirit, and those that did, spoke in tongues too. The "baptist" stopped being that kind of baptist.

After that experience, great miracles began to happen. There were people with demons being delivered with great power, others were instantly healed in front of bunch of unbelievers by the imposition of hands, the prophetic manifested (not just of blessing but also judgments, and coming to past almost immediately), and the sharing of the gospel spread. We were certainly threatened by the authorities (I personally was, as I was considered the one that started the thing, but wasn't) and beaten and robbed by heaters, but our group when from 8 to close to 40 in less than 2 years. When I left High School for the University, the group still met on the countryside, in the middle of nowhere, at dusk.

We used to get sent back home every two weeks for a weekend. The group was also testifying of God's works at their home town thru their hands, which included miracles, conversions, and such, during those weekends they were at home.

I believe I have given details of some of the miracles in other threads, but just trying to make a point this time.

I personally haven't seen a revival like that happened before at that level. Not even in UPCI churches and evangelist revival events. That's how a true revival looks to me. Don't get me wrong, those events called "revival" are indeed edifying, encouraging, and some do get saved thru them, but I have never seen one at the level I have seen before.
Awesome testimony.

I've watched a bit of Asbury online and it seemed like there was nothing really to see, boring actually.

At the same time, if there are people going there with hunger for God and repentant hearts, I've no doubt that God will meet them where they are, fill them with His Spirit and draw them to a deeper walk with Him.

The testimony from an Apostolic woman saying she had never experienced anything similar was disconcerting. Did she go there with a hunger, desire, and expectancy that is missing from her usual Sunday morning routine? Who knows? I don't know.

I know of an Apostolic Church that in the last 8 years has had very few people receive the Holy and be baptized.

I'm hungry for more from God. Maybe talk of revival will provoke the people of God to repent and pray and seek His face for a Sovereign outpouring of His Spirit in our cities.

Maybe we'll put down our cell phones, our forks, and our media and seek Him.
Old 02-22-2023, 07:59 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Awesome testimony.

I've watched a bit of Asbury online and it seemed like there was nothing really to see, boring actually.

At the same time, if there are people going there with hunger for God and repentant hearts, I've no doubt that God will meet them where they are, fill them with His Spirit and draw them to a deeper walk with Him.

The testimony from an Apostolic woman saying she had never experienced anything similar was disconcerting. Did she go there with a hunger, desire, and expectancy that is missing from her usual Sunday morning routine? Who knows? I don't know.

I know of an Apostolic Church that in the last 8 years has had very few people receive the Holy and be baptized.

I'm hungry for more from God. Maybe talk of revival will provoke the people of God to repent and pray and seek His face for a Sovereign outpouring of His Spirit in our cities.

Maybe we'll put down our cell phones, our forks, and our media and seek Him.
Amen, sister.
Old 03-08-2023, 07:01 PM
New User

Posted by a gay Asbury student:

day 8 and my seminary friends are still leading worship.
Did you know poc, women, and queer students have been leading worship all 8 days? Both student bodies have lended themselves into being us towards the throne of God
Old 03-10-2023, 04:15 PM
Registered Member

Why should we be upset about queers leading worship? Happens in upci and independent Oneness churches all the time. No disrespect but don't forget lann. Wolf or R Nation.