Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-12-2021, 09:59 AM
Registered Member

Re: Sons Inheriting Churches from Fathers $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcoast1 View Post
No one has to be disgruntled to call out religious corruption.
I copied and txted your post to an elder that is good friends with Bro. Jesse Parker. In fact, this elder is the one that started the church in Lagrande and handed over the reins to Bro. Parker.
Old 03-12-2021, 10:16 AM
Registered Member

Does he have a board with voting privileges made up of members who ATTEND his church?
Old 03-12-2021, 11:37 AM
Registered Member

I know of several churches that seem to have been passed down through the generations, and just as many that have found others capable of pastoring and leading a congregation on in Biblical truths.

Almost all of the churches that I know of that have been handed down the generations seem to have backslid and changed their doctrine. But that isn't necessarily the fault of the new leadership, that's something the former leaders condoned beforehand. Silence is permission.

There is a rather large church I know of in Florida where the elder and his wife turned their congregation over to another preacher and his wife some two years ago. This preacher nor his wife are related to them, but they are good people that will carry on what the elder taught and stood for.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 03-12-2021, 01:03 PM
Repent and believe the Gospel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Oneness churches are the worst on this kind of thing. But Assemblies of God ain't far behind.
Yep I agree, I am willing to bet the AG and Oneness churched might be neck in neck.

Scripture is its own interpreter. Nothing can cut a diamond but a diamond. Nothing can interpret Scripture but Scripture" Thomas Watson.
Old 03-12-2021, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro Flame View Post
I know of several churches that seem to have been passed down through the generations, and just as many that have found others capable of pastoring and leading a congregation on in Biblical truths.

Almost all of the churches that I know of that have been handed down the generations seem to have backslid and changed their doctrine. But that isn't necessarily the fault of the new leadership, that's something the former leaders condoned beforehand. Silence is permission.

There is a rather large church I know of in Florida where the elder and his wife turned their congregation over to another preacher and his wife some two years ago. This preacher nor his wife are related to them, but they are good people that will carry on what the elder taught and stood for.
Would that have been the Pentecostals of Gainesville?

Scripture is its own interpreter. Nothing can cut a diamond but a diamond. Nothing can interpret Scripture but Scripture" Thomas Watson.
Old 03-12-2021, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
I copied and txted your post to an elder that is good friends with Bro. Jesse Parker. In fact, this elder is the one that started the church in Lagrande and handed over the reins to Bro. Parker.

Old 03-12-2021, 05:04 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro Flame View Post

But that was only because none of his sons wanted the church.
Old 03-12-2021, 05:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
According to the Elder.

His son was out of church when those offensives were done. He has not been in jail or trouble with the law for about 5 years. He has recently been married with 2 very young children. He has been preaching in the local assembly, the local church is behind the transition, they have experienced growth and excitement.

Just like Tjjj said, if God is not behind this, it will fail.
Old 03-12-2021, 08:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
According to the Elder.

His son was out of church when those offensives were done. He has not been in jail or trouble with the law for about 5 years. He has recently been married with 2 very young children. He has been preaching in the local assembly, the local church is behind the transition, they have experienced growth and excitement.

Just like Tjjj said, if God is not behind this, it will fail.
And some devil thinks it’s a good idea to come posting on here and bring up a good brother’s past and post pics of his pre-conversion mugshots. An absolutely despicable devilish thing to do! I have never met Elder Parker personally, but know him to be nothing but an upstanding man of God who is facing very serious health concerns. If God isn’t behind this, certainly it will fail but this thread will still have been inspired out of the pits of hell!
Old 03-12-2021, 08:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcoast1 View Post
Something needs to be said about this.

When did a church become a family business to pass down to your children?

Recently in Oregon, Jesse Parker at Lighthouse Pentecostal Church in Lagrande installed his son as pastor. This guy has been arrested 5 times in the last 6 years. I get it. People change. But maybe he needs a few years at a qualified seminary before being asked to lead a flock?

If I was a long time tithe paying member of this church, I would be going else where. Something smells fishy about this. I guess these churches are too profitable to just hand off to someone who might be a qualified pastor and offer a semblance of oversight and accountability. Did the church members even have a vote?

When will the unqualified acts of nepotism stop? Hunter Biden might as well be VP.

I don’t live in the area and I have no association but this is not fair to the faithful members of this congregation.

https://www.ucmugshots.com/name/jame...parker?match=1
In regards to the bold italics: If you think about the OT example of Samuel and his sons, it was actually that Samuel made his sons judges. So it’s been happening for thousands of years at least.

1Sam.8

[1] And it came to pass, when Samuel was old, that he made his sons judges over Israel.
[2] Now the name of his firstborn was Joel; and the name of his second, Abiah: they were judges in Beer-sheba.

So nepotism is certainly not new. Neither is people being upset about it.

[3] And his sons walked not in his ways, but turned aside after lucre, and took bribes, and perverted judgment.
[4] Then all the elders of Israel gathered themselves together, and came to Samuel unto Ramah,
[5] And said unto him, Behold, thou art old, and thy sons walk not in thy ways: now make us a king to judge us like all the nations.

So . . . It seems that some believe it’s based on O T law. To be fair, it doesn’t always happen that a pastor passes the church to their son.

Sometimes they don’t have a son. In this case they often pass the church to their son in law.