Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 11-06-2016, 11:09 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Unvaxxed Pureblood too


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 37,901
Re: Do you love Lucifer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazeep View Post
or a guy who walked on water, maybe. lol.
Did he sink?

But, I'll tell you what, you could try the flying routine. Who knows? You might fly...straight down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazeep View Post
Hell?
The place where you are going to end up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazeep View Post
Where did you even get "hell" from, EB?
The Bible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazeep View Post
Go look; it is not in There, ok.
It appears in KJV 23 times in the Bible. So, you are wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazeep View Post
Hades is from Greek mythology, hello? C'mon, EB.
Do you know why? Because the Bible was written in Greek, and Hades is a Greek word. Further more, the Greek language didn't originate in Christianity, but originated through a pagan culture. Funny, how certain words were originally used to describe similar things. Because some ancient litriture aren't translation, but an interpretation. Like the English Bible, Modern English didn't even exist 2,000 years ago, therefore the ancient litriture is interpreted into Modern English, and not literally translated word for word. Do you know they difference?

Don't answer that, because you don't know, and will end up posting a whole lot of mess instead of simply giving me the correct answer. So, there is αδης, γέεννα, and ταρταρός basically three different words in Greek which the English/Germanic word Hell is used to define those words. Hell (English) is the Germanic *haljo "the underworld." Hel is from the Norse which is the name of Loki's daughter. She ruled over the abode of the evil dead. Yet, while these words are pagan in origin, they were the best words to be employed to describe the Greek words.
__________________
“The cry, Give me television and hamburgers, but don't bother me with the responsibilities of liberty.” — Aldous Huxley
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-06-2016, 11:10 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Unvaxxed Pureblood too


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 37,901
Re: Do you love Lucifer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazeep View Post
Guess you're supposed to worship your Lord and Savior like a snake on a pole, too, right yikes
You might want to work on your come backs.
__________________
“The cry, Give me television and hamburgers, but don't bother me with the responsibilities of liberty.” — Aldous Huxley
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-06-2016, 11:28 PM
shazeep shazeep is offline
Banned


 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: chasin Grace
Posts: 9,594
Re: Do you love Lucifer?

Hell as we understand it did not exist 2000 years ago, EB.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-06-2016, 11:32 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Unvaxxed Pureblood too


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 37,901
Re: Do you love Lucifer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazeep View Post
Hell as we understand it did not exist 2000 years ago, EB.
Then guess what?

You like surprises?

Well you got one coming.
__________________
“The cry, Give me television and hamburgers, but don't bother me with the responsibilities of liberty.” — Aldous Huxley
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-07-2016, 05:19 AM
shazeep shazeep is offline
Banned


 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: chasin Grace
Posts: 9,594
Re: Do you love Lucifer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Then guess what?

You like surprises?

Well you got one coming.
I'm sure i prolly have plenty of surprises coming, EB, but hell is not going to be one of them. Let's talk about hell for a minute. We came to OP because we were scared of hell, right. We came to God in fear. And we got something for our fear, didn't we. It put the fear to sleep. Didn't it. Fear, for us--because, after all, we are not hippies--was the motivator for coming to God. So, Father being Father, He provided a way for us to know Him anyway, because after all God is Love, and that is all Father Is.

But let me ask you, EB, to look at yourself, up there in that post, suggesting that i better fear hell, fear the devil, be in fear. What is wrong with this picture, EB? I thought i was supposed to fear God. And nothing and no one else. Isn't God the All Consuming Fire, EB?

Aren't we plainly told that it is God that is going to test our building, our Works, with fire?

Where is the fire, EB?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-07-2016, 12:07 PM
Timmy's Avatar
Timmy Timmy is offline
Don't ask.


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 24,212
Re: Do you love Lucifer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Sounds the same as the guy who jumped out a window saying "I can fly, I can fly!"
There is no reason for me to believe you about hell. None. OK, none that I know of, I should say. Maybe you can give me one.
__________________
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-07-2016, 12:08 PM
Timmy's Avatar
Timmy Timmy is offline
Don't ask.


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 24,212
Re: Do you love Lucifer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
The place where you are going to end up?
This says it all. EB smiles.
__________________
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-07-2016, 12:20 PM
shazeep shazeep is offline
Banned


 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: chasin Grace
Posts: 9,594
Re: Do you love Lucifer?

As he does his best to pump up the fear, yes.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-07-2016, 03:49 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Unvaxxed Pureblood too


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 37,901
Re: Do you love Lucifer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
There is no reason for me to believe you about hell. None. OK, none that I know of, I should say. Maybe you can give me one.
Just my point.

Just like a guy who leaps out a window and believes he can fly.

HE HAS no reason to believe anyone about gravity.

Until he smashes into the concrete below.

Timmy, I far as I'm concerned schools out for you.

You seem like a chap who loves surprises, so you get the little surprise when you close your eyes forever. When you die you can find out if it was all a lie. Then you will have irrefutable proof. Tangible evidence because you will actually be there.
__________________
“The cry, Give me television and hamburgers, but don't bother me with the responsibilities of liberty.” — Aldous Huxley
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-07-2016, 03:58 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Unvaxxed Pureblood too


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 37,901
Re: Do you love Lucifer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
This says it all. EB smiles.
Timmy, come on, you know you felt really good when you saw the green grin?

I mean that's why your here.

Good grief.
__________________
“The cry, Give me television and hamburgers, but don't bother me with the responsibilities of liberty.” — Aldous Huxley
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why was Lucifer in heaven? Pressing-On Fellowship Hall 37 07-12-2015 09:13 AM
lucifer pastorrick1959 Deep Waters 34 06-08-2011 05:15 PM
Lucifer Dedicated Mind Fellowship Hall 75 07-31-2008 11:51 AM
Why Did God Create Lucifer? Nahum Fellowship Hall 71 07-05-2008 11:16 PM
The Lucifer Effect Rhymis The Library 5 05-09-2007 08:59 AM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by shag

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.