Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 08:37 AM
Registered Saint

Re: Psychiatry An Industry Of Death Full Length

Nobody in the whole world can ever take one aspirin because I heard that one time this friend that I know had a cousin who went to a church where a pastor heard from one of his pastor friends that somebody took an aspirin and then started smoking crack. Ridiculous!
Old 07-18-2017, 08:39 AM
Registered Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
How do you define, "100% reliable?"

I don't mean to sound like a faith-killer, but I am curious about finding the truth of your statement in my everyday living.
Hey Jermyn,

Don't ever go to the doctor or any of your family to a doctor because if you do your soul will be lost for ALL of ETERNITY!!!
Ha! HAA!! HAAA!!!
Old 07-18-2017, 08:44 AM
Registered Saint

A person can trust in Jesus with every fiber of his being and also mentally understand that using modern medicine when the time is appropriate.

Nowhere in the Bible does it say if you get saved you can no longer use medicine.

Wasn't Luke a physician. I guess Paul won't make Heaven either. Oh well!
Old 07-18-2017, 08:44 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple4life View Post
Hey Jermyn,

Don't ever go to the doctor or any of your family to a doctor because if you do your soul will be lost for ALL of ETERNITY!!!
Ha! HAA!! HAAA!!!
That is where it seems EB's posts would lead a person, but he does distinguish between a person having PHYSICAL issues requiring medical attention and a person having mental conditions who, I think he is saying, do not need and cannot benefit from psychotherapy.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:49 AM
Registered Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
That is where it seems EB's posts would lead a person, but he does distinguish between a person having PHYSICAL issues requiring medical attention and a person having mental conditions who, I think he is saying, do not need and cannot benefit from psychotherapy.
I understand, but there are millions of people who have been helped by modern psychology. It is my opinion that we should not condemn the whole field of psychology because some people either were not helped or would not follow the treatment.

My two cents

I am done.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:52 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Brain scans cannot prove PTSD causes brain damage.

Aquila are you brain damaged? Are you mentally retarded from past experiences? Are you in the same category as those who have physical brain damage? That is factually what fMRIs are able to find. It can find PHYSICAL damage. Yet, it is NOT conclusive for a fMRI to find if sadness or happiness as diseases. It is as much junk science as eugenics. Jesus is proven, is 100% reliable. Not your physiological voodoo.
While the Bible instills confidence in God's Love for us and His Character towards us and His Will in us, I think the 100% reliability of God as it seems you are presenting is disingenuous and it minimizes what real people, yes real Christians, go through.

The only way God can be 100% reliable in the way that you are implying is for us to consider that God in fact does heal, sometimes, THROUGH the use of the DEATH of our physical bodies, sometimes.

If God never condemned, "Dr. Luke", why wouldn't God not condemn the practice of doctors who specialize in treating mental health conditions as well?

Last edited by Jermyn Davidson; 07-18-2017 at 08:59 AM.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
So, do I get counsel from you, Al, or one of your PROFESSIONALS? Should I take Paxel? Aquila you believe in conditions which God can't even help the individual.
When did I ever advocate for psychotropic meds? I'm rather cautious with the notion of medications. I don't recommend them, but it is ultimately up to the individual as with any medication. Also, I've never taken psychotropic meds. I've only experienced EMDR therapy. It involves no meds and simply uses the rapid eye movements of the eye that mimic REM sleep to engage both sides of the brain to repossess painful memories. It's not a cure, it only helps manage symptoms. But it has helped thousands of vets and sufferers from anxiety disorders and PTSD. And, after one learns how to do it, it can be self administered. So, ultimately, no therapist is needed after the first few secessions. You're acting like I fully support psychotropic medication and a lifetime of needing a therapist. That couldn't be further from the truth.

Another big difference between us is that I don't judge someone who is on medication, or who seeks professional counseling as being less of a Christian. But you do.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:58 AM
Registered Member

I support the use of psychotropic medicines, when prescribed by a Mental Health Medical Professional.

I see ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong with a Christian using these.

I am open to correction, if we can be civil about it.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
You Responded to a PM where I asked you about how you were feeling because of what you said you were going through last week. By your own PM back after the week old PM. You tell me you wanted to do this in private.
I'm confused. I said, "Maybe we can chat better in a private format instead of slaughtering one another on an open thread." You mentioned that you'd rather keep the conversation going in the thread. And that's cool. From there, I've primarily only responded to YOUR PMs.
Old 07-18-2017, 09:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Jesus is proven, is 100% reliable. Not your physiological voodoo.
So, you're saying that 100% of people who have prayed for a miraculous healing have received it? I personally know folks God has chosen not to heal. And that's fine, because it is entirely up to Him as to if He heals or not. However, should God chose not to heal, it isn't a sin to manage symptoms with medication or therapies. I'd recommend against using psychotropic medication, but ultimately that is a choice better left up to the individual.
Closed Thread