Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-29-2024, 08:01 PM
Registered Member

Revelation Outline and Events Relationship

I have put together some ideas of the Revelation outline and the relationship of events that help to connect some dots regarding how John structured the book.

This is not the entirety of the book but a good portion of it.

It is a big large graph in a SVG format so you can zoom in without losing quality. You will want to download it and open it in Firefox, for example.

Thoughts?

Here is the file (I couldn't just attach it because the forum application doesn't allow me to upload SVG files):

https://send.bitwarden.com/#uyMN6ljb...vKs_ZKROUm4Myg
"The entirety of Your word is truth" (Ps 119:160)

Bible Study Notes
https://apostolicbiblestudynotes.wordpress.com
Old 03-01-2024, 09:45 AM
Sister Alvear

Re: Revelation Outline and Events Relationship

Could you tell me if you are pre-trib or post-trib or what? thank you.

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 03-01-2024, 11:30 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
Could you tell me if you are pre-trib or post-trib or what? thank you.
Sister, I don't have a strong stand on that. I simply believe things will get worse, not better, and the Lord will come at some point with great power in the clouds, and the saints will be resurrected, and the Lord will wipe wickedness from the Earth and establish his Kingdom fully manifested, with resurrected saints into everlasting life, on the Earth.

The pre-trib, post-trib, mid-trib idea is based on the premise that there will be a 7 years of great tribulation. I'm not 100% sure that will be the case, but I do believe there is a worsening of the situations coming, where a last, very wicked and oppressive, beast human kingdom will be controlling most of the earth nations.

However, if there are 7 years of great tribulation, I think the interpretation that makes more sense to me is not pre-trib or post-trib, but what it is called "pre-wrath" which places the resurrection of the saints in between mid-trib and post-trib, and the second coming of Christ at the end of the 7 years.

Bible Study Notes
Old 03-01-2024, 11:37 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
Sister, I don't have a strong stand on that. I simply believe things will get worse, not better, and the Lord will come at some point with great power in the clouds, and the saints will be resurrected, and the Lord will wipe wickedness from the Earth and establish his Kingdom fully manifested, with resurrected saints into everlasting life, on the Earth.

The pre-trib, post-trib, mid-trib idea is based on the premise that there will be a 7 years of great tribulation. I'm not 100% sure that will be the case, but I do believe there is a worsening of the situations coming, where a last, very wicked and oppressive, beast human kingdom will be controlling most of the earth nations.

However, if there are 7 years of great tribulation, I think the interpretation that makes more sense to me is not pre-trib or post-trib, but what it is called "pre-wrath" which places the resurrection of the saints in between mid-trib and post-trib, and the second coming of Christ at the end of the 7 years.
Wouldn't that make the second coming the third coming?

1 Thessalonians 4:14-17 KJV
For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. [15] For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. [16] For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: [17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 03-02-2024, 07:53 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Wouldn't that make the second coming the third coming?

1 Thessalonians 4:14-17 KJV
For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. [15] For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. [16] For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: [17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
You got a point

Question, in my graph I posted above, I see the time period of 3.5 years or 42 months being repeated in Revelation. It is an important symbol since it is repeated and seems to relate things. What are your thoughts on that?

The time the Gentiles treat the holy city: [Rev 11:2 NKJV] 2 "But leave out the court which is outside the temple, and do not measure it, for it has been given to the Gentiles. And they will tread the holy city underfoot [for] forty-two months.

The time given authority to the beast: [Rev 13:5 NKJV] 5 And he was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue for forty-two months.

The time of the two witnesses: [Rev 11:3 NKJV] 3 "And I will give [power] to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth."

The time of protection over the woman: [Rev 12:6 NKJV] 6 Then the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, that they should feed her there one thousand two hundred and sixty days.
[Rev 12:14 NKJV] 14 But the woman was given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent.

If you see in my graph, it looks like if the 3.5 years of protection over the woman, includes Satan persecuting the woman, turning against the saints, and raising the two beasts. The language of protection could be even related with the 144,000 sealed people in the book, which are protected, and spared from the judgments, and then appear later as victorious with the Lamb. I'm not sure about it.

I'm not trying to necessary interpret the symbols as what they mean now-a-day (though inevitable sometimes), but connecting the symbols, events, and structure within the book.

What are you thoughts?

Bible Study Notes
Old 03-02-2024, 08:31 AM
Sister Alvear

Do you ever read Ken Raggio? HE OFTEN HAS LOTS OF WORLD NEWS.

Do you ever read Ken Raggio? He often has world news and recent happenings. You may not agree with everything he writes but he does have som good articles.

Old 03-02-2024, 09:29 AM
Registered Member

I sometimes get questions about my views on eschatology. I’m in the camp of occupy until He comes. It’s pretty easy to defend with scripture, and I see very little chance of being disappointed.
Old 03-03-2024, 09:22 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
You got a point

Question, in my graph I posted above, I see the time period of 3.5 years or 42 months being repeated in Revelation. It is an important symbol since it is repeated and seems to relate things. What are your thoughts on that?

The time the Gentiles treat the holy city: [Rev 11:2 NKJV] 2 "But leave out the court which is outside the temple, and do not measure it, for it has been given to the Gentiles. And they will tread the holy city underfoot [for] forty-two months.

The time given authority to the beast: [Rev 13:5 NKJV] 5 And he was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue for forty-two months.

The time of the two witnesses: [Rev 11:3 NKJV] 3 "And I will give [power] to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth."

The time of protection over the woman: [Rev 12:6 NKJV] 6 Then the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, that they should feed her there one thousand two hundred and sixty days.
[Rev 12:14 NKJV] 14 But the woman was given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent.

If you see in my graph, it looks like if the 3.5 years of protection over the woman, includes Satan persecuting the woman, turning against the saints, and raising the two beasts. The language of protection could be even related with the 144,000 sealed people in the book, which are protected, and spared from the judgments, and then appear later as victorious with the Lamb. I'm not sure about it.

I'm not trying to necessary interpret the symbols as what they mean now-a-day (though inevitable sometimes), but connecting the symbols, events, and structure within the book.

What are you thoughts?
I see the time periods you referenced as referring to the same era. So that the various events described take place during the same time period of 1260 days (3.5 years, or 42 months).

As for the structure and layout, the book follows several patterns which interact:

1. Calendrical. Seven trumpets likely corresponding to the first 7 months of the Bible calendar. Each month a trumpet was sounded at the new moon, the feasts all take place within the first seven months.

2. Passover. The trumpet and bowl judgments reflect the plagues during Passover and the Exodus.

3. Liturgy. The book has many elements of both the Passover, Atonement, and Tabernacles feast liturgies and themes. The book often appears to reflect a divine liturgy or worship service in heaven with corresponding effects on earth.

And of course, numerous themes from old testament prophecy are interwoven throughout the book.

As for interpretation, it then seems obvious to me that it must be "unlocked" by the aforementioned old and new testament data.

But one hindrance is this:

Revelation 10:1-4 KJV
And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire: [2] And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth, [3] And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices. [4] And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.

There are seven seals, seven trumpets, seven thunders, and seven bowls. The seals, trumpets, and bowls are described in detail, but the thunders are not. What happens during those seven thunders? We are not told. Since the vision is intentionally incompletely transmitted to us, the interpretation must of necessity be incomplete also.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 03-03-2024, 09:27 AM
Sister Alvear

Sorry, I haven't ignored your answer, my friend...I have little internet these days...come and goes. God bless us all in our quest for truth and love for His word. I personally believe in Post Trib but have friends that believe all different ways it is not a fellowship thing with me....In fact, I do hope they are right my son believes differently than I do...lol... Blessings to all.

Old 03-03-2024, 06:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I see the time periods you referenced as referring to the same era. So that the various events described take place during the same time period of 1260 days (3.5 years, or 42 months).

As for the structure and layout, the book follows several patterns which interact:

1. Calendrical. Seven trumpets likely corresponding to the first 7 months of the Bible calendar. Each month a trumpet was sounded at the new moon, the feasts all take place within the first seven months.

2. Passover. The trumpet and bowl judgments reflect the plagues during Passover and the Exodus.

3. Liturgy. The book has many elements of both the Passover, Atonement, and Tabernacles feast liturgies and themes. The book often appears to reflect a divine liturgy or worship service in heaven with corresponding effects on earth.

And of course, numerous themes from old testament prophecy are interwoven throughout the book.

As for interpretation, it then seems obvious to me that it must be "unlocked" by the aforementioned old and new testament data.

But one hindrance is this:

Revelation 10:1-4 KJV
And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire: [2] And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth, [3] And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices. [4] And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.

There are seven seals, seven trumpets, seven thunders, and seven bowls. The seals, trumpets, and bowls are described in detail, but the thunders are not. What happens during those seven thunders? We are not told. Since the vision is intentionally incompletely transmitted to us, the interpretation must of necessity be incomplete also.
Some good info right there. Thank you!

Bible Study Notes