Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Islamic Issues and News
Facebook

Notices

Islamic Issues and News Discuss Islam and report on current issues regarding Islam

Old 05-16-2007, 12:11 PM
Bruce Klein

Islam vs. Christianity Part 2

Islam vs. Christianity Part 2

II. Love and Hate
“And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. [17] Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. [18] There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. [19] We love him, because he first loved us. [20] If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? [21] And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.” 1 John 4:16-21

God is love! If you are not in love, you are not in God! V.:16

Love allows us to be bold in the day of judgement. V.:17

"There is no fear in love..." V.:18
"...perfect love casts our fear..." V.:18

"...fear involves torment..." V.:18

"We love Him (God) because He first loved us" V.:19

You cannot hate a brother! V.:20

How should a Christian love?

“My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.” 1 John 3:18

What should a Christian not love?

“Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the

Father is not in him.” 1 John 2:15

Christians are not given a choice, for they must ‘love thy neighbor’.

Who is your neighbor? Anyone who has a need is your neighbor! Everyone has a need. Everyone is your

neighbor, of course your spouse is included.

“Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy

neighbor as thyself: I am the LORD.” Leviticus 19:18

“Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbor, and hate thine enemy. 44 But I say

unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them

which despitefully use you, and persecute you;” Matthew 5:43-44

“Honor thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.” Matthew 19:19

“And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.” Matthew 22:39

“And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. There is none other

commandment greater than these.” Mark 12:31

“And to love him with all the heart and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the

strength, and to love his neighbor as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.” Mark 12:33

“For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear

false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in

this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbor:

therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.” Romans 13:9

“For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.” Galatians 5:14

“If ye fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself, ye do well:” James 2:8

If you are a Moslem and you want to kill me, why?

Here is a prayer:

Dear God,
I want to know who you are. I want you to love me, and I want to love you. Please help me! You are God, so you are all powerful. You are everywhere; you are all knowing. I want to go to heaven. Please reveal yourself to me. Please show me your miracles. I want to serve you. I want to worship you. Dear God, thank you for listening to me. I have sinned. Please help me not to sin. I do not want to lie anymore. I want to have a spouse who loves me. I want to be apart of a loving community. Thank you for answering my prayers.

In Jesus' name, Amen

What the Holy Bible teaches about 'how to get to heaven' is found here: http://www.freewebs.com/bibleteach/h...achristian.htm

A fantastic website about Islam: http://www.allahislam.com/

Bruce Klein, MA in Islamic Studies

Bible teacher, theologian, missionary, writer

My missionary web page:
www.freewebs.com/aim_oneness

www.freewebs.com/bibleteach

Bibleteach@hotmail.com
Old 04-17-2012, 09:59 PM
Banned

Re: Islam vs. Christianity Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Klein View Post
...If you are a Moslem and you want to kill me, why?
Um, possibly because they are not Muslims?
Or maybe for the same reason a "Christian"
might embark on a crusade?
Are you for real? I mean, I know you are not,
but do you actually believe yourself?
Old 04-18-2012, 08:00 AM
Banned

Re: Islam vs. Christianity Part 2

Quote:
Islam vs. Christianity Part 2... If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar...You cannot hate a brother! How should a Christian love? (T)his saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbor:
If you are a Moslem and you want to kill me, why?

Here is a prayer:

Dear God,
I want to know who you are. I want you to love me, and I want to love you. Please help me!
...in my quest to be a hypocrite, sucking up all the resources on the planet--not even for my children, but my masters...
Quote:
You are God, so you are all powerful. You are everywhere; you are all knowing. I want to go to heaven...
...nevermind what the Bible says, about inheriting the earth; preaching that would empower believers...
Quote:
...Please reveal yourself to me. Please show me your miracles...
...as we know what those who seek miracles really are...
Quote:
I want to serve you. I want to worship you. Dear
Mammon,
Quote:
thank you for listening to me. I have sinned. Please help me not to sin. I do not want to lie anymore. I want to have a spouse who loves me. I want to be apart of a loving community. Thank you for answering my prayers.

In Jesus' name, Amen

See? I said the Name; so where are the damned miracles? And don't forget healing, I want healing, too! Healing for Muslims? No. healing for my Lincoln...yikes.

Last edited by bbyrd009; 04-18-2012 at 08:02 AM.