Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-28-2021, 09:13 AM
Registered Member

Re: Homestead Heritage in waco tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Avery View Post
So your question has a few different edges. Many leave Homestead Heritage and loss Christianity completely (no solid base any more) while others are satisfied with simple Pentecostal and Baptist environments.
Would it be a fair statement that we may expect too much out of some situations? Should we treat them as we would treat Amish and Mennonite communities?
Looking at their website and wanting to visit this community very soon. I would go and benefit from their knowledge of being self sufficient in use of the land that God has made for our benefit.
Old 11-28-2021, 09:29 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Could you give me a quick synopsis why people are so against this community?
I think he pretty much did.
Old 11-28-2021, 09:41 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Would it be a fair statement that we may expect too much out of some situations? Should we treat them as we would treat Amish and Mennonite communities?
Looking at their website and wanting to visit this community very soon. I would go and benefit from their knowledge of being self sufficient in use of the land that God has made for our benefit.
And I always encourage such visits!

Even consider them myself (I had a detox "cold" this year, so it was not a consideration, I try to keep a refundable Southwest points ticket, picked up way in advance, handy.)

They are definitely in the spearhead of the homesteading and crafts movements, and even with their problems they show that "Christian" community is possible.

And they will hide most of the yahweh-devil stuff. Although be careful in the music worship. I had to RUN the AISLES OUT in 2009, when Days of Elijah was mangled.

Beyond that the food at the Fair is ok (good, not great), the fresh air and walking is wonderful, you can make good nationwide and worldwide contacts and your prepper edge can improve. And I hung out the last two Fair visits with a Baptist KJB friend who has a book named The Word: God Will Keep It! The 400 Year History of the King James Bible Only Movement. And have some friends in the area. You can also try to have time with the ministry after the Fair, as I had done a couple of times, before they shrank back. If you read and study and pray in the name of Jesus you can be well prepared!

Last edited by Steven Avery; 11-28-2021 at 09:55 AM.
Old 11-28-2021, 09:56 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
I think he pretty much did.
Correct.

Bro. Avery's response to my question was given in detail, and some of his reasons he brought up, I could easily name several church's that act in the same way.

Yet, I guess I wanted to know why some look at Homestead Heritage like it should be an Apostolic/Pentecostal centered community? Does one go to an Amish community or a Mennonite community expecting an Acts 2:38 experience? Personally I know I don't, my family and I have good friends in both communities, we go to their house for dinner and they come to ours.

Perhaps this was started by an Apostolic forefather, and through the miracle of time they have shunned the truth they once knew? That may be the reason for the distain for this specific community.
Old 11-28-2021, 10:23 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

They started out oneness pentecostal.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 11-28-2021, 11:41 AM
Registered Member

Old 11-28-2021, 11:49 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Correct.

Bro. Avery's response to my question was given in detail, and some of his reasons he brought up, I could easily name several church's that act in the same way.

Yet, I guess I wanted to know why some look at Homestead Heritage like it should be an Apostolic/Pentecostal centered community? Does one go to an Amish community or a Mennonite community expecting an Acts 2:38 experience? Personally I know I don't, my family and I have good friends in both communities, we go to their house for dinner and they come to ours.

Perhaps this was started by an Apostolic forefather, and through the miracle of time they have shunned the truth they once knew? That may be the reason for the distain for this specific community.
People are nuts. Religious people are even nuttier, but they just hide their nuttiness within their religion of choice. Who was the "Apostolic forefather?"
Old 11-28-2021, 11:51 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
They started out oneness pentecostal.
These days I'm wondering about what it exactly means "started out" Oneness Pentecostal
Old 11-28-2021, 12:46 PM
Registered Member

Homestead Heritage and oneness doctrines

Quote:
Blair Adams began the work in NYC around 1973, he was a UPC preacher. We left the UPC in 77, possibly 78, the reasons were sensible.

If they are talking to a oneness person, they will try to give the sense that they are still apostolic in doctrine.

Here you go, this is from their:

Confession for Baptism and Communion p. 12

You really, really have to accept the gibberish Yahshua. This has to be your conviction.

They do not mention remission of sins. (Can a gibberish Yahshua remit sins? hmmm)

Also available at
https://www.purebibleforum.com/index...6236-png.2098/

Last edited by Steven Avery; 11-28-2021 at 01:21 PM.
Old 11-28-2021, 10:41 PM
Registered Member

Coffee is a serpent?