Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-10-2008, 11:04 PM
Sherri's Avatar
Sherri Sherri is offline
Christmas 2009


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Jackson, TN
Posts: 9,788
A Bit of Shockamoo at Love and Truth?????

Thad would be proud! Eddie taught on worship last night and then we started singing afterwards and the power of God was so strong in that place, you could hardly breathe. We were doing slow worshipful songs and people were weeping, bowing on the floor, travailing, etc. At the end, our music guy switched to "old school" stuff and I will have to admit there was a bit of shockamoo going on! Yes, even at L & T! We were all dancing and rejoicing, even a runner! Who would have thought it????????

Wednesday nights are our "Sunday nights". Sunday mornings are for the visitors and the people coming in from other denominations. We keep it at a level that they are not freaked out of their minds. But Wednesdays are for us - to draw closer to God. We love Wednesday nights!!!! They are not for the faint of heart.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-10-2008, 11:07 PM
Joseph Miller's Avatar
Joseph Miller Joseph Miller is offline
Da Evangelist


 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Where ever I am preaching
Posts: 1,238
AWESOME! I would have enjoyed that. I love shockamoo services.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-10-2008, 11:09 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Unvaxxed Pureblood too


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 38,130
Where did this term "shockamoo" come from? I have never heard it before. I have only seen it on NFCF and here.
__________________
“Burn the Boats!!!” — Hernan Cortes
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-10-2008, 11:10 PM
rgcraig's Avatar
rgcraig rgcraig is offline
My Family!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Collierville, TN
Posts: 31,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Where did this term "shockamoo" come from? I have never heard it before. I have only seen it on NFCF and here.
I believe that's where it came from!
__________________
Master of Science in Applied Disgruntled Religious Theorist Wrangling
PhD in Petulant Tantrum Quelling
Dean of the School of Hard Knocks
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-10-2008, 11:20 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Unvaxxed Pureblood too


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 38,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
I believe that's where it came from!
Really? Do we have the originator of that word? What is it's history?

Brother Benincasa

www.OnTimeJournal.com

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/
__________________
“Burn the Boats!!!” — Hernan Cortes
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-10-2008, 11:24 PM
Sherri's Avatar
Sherri Sherri is offline
Christmas 2009


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Jackson, TN
Posts: 9,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Really? Do we have the originator of that word? What is it's history?

Brother Benincasa

www.OnTimeJournal.com

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/
Not really sure who coined that term, but it's been around on these forums for a long time now.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-10-2008, 11:35 PM
ChicagoPastor's Avatar
ChicagoPastor ChicagoPastor is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
Not really sure who coined that term, but it's been around on these forums for a long time now.
Are Darcie and JC there yet? I bet Darcie sang and that's when the shockamooo started???????????
__________________
UPC or bust
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-10-2008, 11:39 PM
Cindy's Avatar
Cindy Cindy is offline
Forever Loved Admin


 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 26,537
Praise the Lord!!
__________________
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-10-2008, 11:39 PM
Sherri's Avatar
Sherri Sherri is offline
Christmas 2009


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Jackson, TN
Posts: 9,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoPastor View Post
Are Darcie and JC there yet? I bet Darcie sang and that's when the shockamooo started???????????
They were here, but I don't think anyone knows that she sings yet, outside of the staff. For a few months, JC & Darcie will just be sitting and observing our services and they will be making Spanish speaking contacts in and around town. They will probably start a Spanish service sometime in the Spring.

Darcie has a great voice, but she's not on the platform, at least not yet.

Our music pastor has a little of every race in him, I think. He can do just about any type of music, but he really shines with the old time stuff or black gospel. We don't do it often though -usually it's contemporary stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-10-2008, 11:42 PM
Neck's Avatar
Neck Neck is offline
"It's Never Too Late"


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
Thad would be proud! Eddie taught on worship last night and then we started singing afterwards and the power of God was so strong in that place, you could hardly breathe. We were doing slow worshipful songs and people were weeping, bowing on the floor, travailing, etc. At the end, our music guy switched to "old school" stuff and I will have to admit there was a bit of shockamoo going on! Yes, even at L & T! We were all dancing and rejoicing, even a runner! Who would have thought it????????

Wednesday nights are our "Sunday nights". Sunday mornings are for the visitors and the people coming in from other denominations. We keep it at a level that they are not freaked out of their minds. But Wednesdays are for us - to draw closer to God. We love Wednesday nights!!!! They are not for the faint of heart.

Sherri,
We had the same type of services this past weekend with John Ragsdale. He will be here on Sunday and Monday again this week.

The Lord is really moving in a powerfull way...

Nathan
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shockamoo Lessons ManOfWord Fellowship Hall 57 12-31-2007 03:25 AM
New Campus - Love & Truth Cordova, TN Sherri Fellowship Hall 30 09-06-2007 01:14 AM
Relative Truth....Truer Truth and Me revrandy Fellowship Hall 3 08-29-2007 02:20 PM
Speaking the Truth in Love chosenbyone Fellowship Hall 15 07-03-2007 11:12 AM
Video: Shockamoo On Tbn!!!!! SoCaliUPC Fellowship Hall 76 06-04-2007 12:12 AM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Jito463
- by shag

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.