Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-25-2013, 07:20 PM
Saved by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

Whos running little man? im right here.

you want my address?
Tough guy talk...on the internet.....from preachers......makes everyone look ridiculous.

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill
Old 10-25-2013, 07:27 PM
Temporary Occupant of Earth

Re: Strange Fire Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
you are right kc lee...I will bow out. Thank you for bringing me back from the edge here....

I certainly appologize for letting my emotions get the best of me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Badejo View Post
Tough guy talk...on the internet.....from preachers......makes everyone look ridiculous.
Apology was made.

Do Not Argue With Idiots, they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Based on what biblical criteria?

Because he interprets Acts 2:38 differently?
Quote:
We teach, in this respect, that God the Holy Spirit is sovereign in the bestowing of all His gifts for the perfecting of the saints today, and that speaking in tongues and the working of sign miracles in the beginning days of the church were for the purpose of pointing to and authenticating the apostles as revealers of divine truth, and were never intended to be characteristic of the lives of believers
Quote:
We teach that all the redeemed, once saved, are kept by God’s power and are thus secure in Christ forever
Quote:
We teach that there were two kinds of gifts given the early church: miraculous gifts of divine revelation and healing, given temporarily in the apostolic era for the purpose of confirming the authenticity of the apostles’ message; and ministering gifts, given to equip believers for edifying one another. With the New Testament revelation now complete, Scripture becomes the sole test of the authenticity of a man’s message, and confirming gifts of a miraculous nature are no longer necessary to validate a man or his message. Miraculous gifts can even be counterfeited by Satan so as to deceive even believers. The only gifts in operation today are those nonrevelatory equipping gifts given for edification.
Quote:
We teach that no one possesses the gift of healing today, but that God does hear and answer the prayer of faith and will answer in accordance with His own perfect will for the sick, suffering, and afflicted.
Quote:
The gift of tongues is not for today.
This is just what his statement of faith is; there's more as to what he believes and teaches but I'm not going to waste my time on them. You can look them up.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:43 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Only 5 or 6 hours late to the party...
Old 10-26-2013, 07:39 PM
Temporary Occupant of Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
This is just what his statement of faith is; there's more as to what he believes and teaches but I'm not going to waste my time on them. You can look them up.
The guy is definitely a tad bit off the mark.

Do Not Argue With Idiots, they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Old 08-17-2021, 09:48 PM
Registered Member

Did you guys ever know about this incident?
This guy stood up and confronted John MacArthur saying he has grieved the Spirit and his Cessation doctrine is an error, and John MacArthur needed to repent of his sins.

Here is the full video:

Last edited by coksiw; 08-17-2021 at 10:29 PM.
Old 08-18-2021, 12:01 AM
New User

Yes. Old news.
Old 08-18-2021, 10:19 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
Did you guys ever know about this incident?
This guy stoop up and confronted John MacArthur saying he has grieved the Spirit and his Cessation doctrine is an error, and John MacArthur needed to repent of his sins.

Here is the full video:

A video of an idiot interrupting a meeting.

These kinds of performances never work. They just solidify the belief which the pastor and church family already hold. First the congregation gets startled, the pastor remains silent, and the ushers usher the clown away. But here is the kicker. The pastor has the last word. The last word to the true believers, the faithful, the vested, the followers of the man in the pulpit, is all that matters. While the joker is getting hurried away, the pastor waits for calm, and then proceeds to reinforce the "belief." So, the monkey shines which the shouter performed didn't discount the teaching. But gave golden opportunity for the pastor to have physical evidence why what this man believed was so awfully wrong. You can be right, but be so wrong in how you present your rightness. Epic failure on the part of the prophetic twit. Sad, because John MacArthur is a reprobate, and the guy on the platform shouting incoherent words just helped MacArthur continue to create more reprobates.
Old 08-18-2021, 03:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
A video of an idiot interrupting a meeting.

These kinds of performances never work. They just solidify the belief which the pastor and church family already hold. First the congregation gets startled, the pastor remains silent, and the ushers usher the clown away. But here is the kicker. The pastor has the last word. The last word to the true believers, the faithful, the vested, the followers of the man in the pulpit, is all that matters. While the joker is getting hurried away, the pastor waits for calm, and then proceeds to reinforce the "belief." So, the monkey shines which the shouter performed didn't discount the teaching. But gave golden opportunity for the pastor to have physical evidence why what this man believed was so awfully wrong. You can be right, but be so wrong in how you present your rightness. Epic failure on the part of the prophetic twit. Sad, because John MacArthur is a reprobate, and the guy on the platform shouting incoherent words just helped MacArthur continue to create more reprobates.

I think "reprobate" is a bit of a stretch. I wish the UPCI had more men that taught in the style of JM instead of screaming slogans. JM is indeed missing out on some things. But I cannot say he is a reprobate. He does not bear the fruit of a reprobate.
Old 08-18-2021, 06:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
I think "reprobate" is a bit of a stretch. I wish the UPCI had more men that taught in the style of JM instead of screaming slogans. JM is indeed missing out on some things. But I cannot say he is a reprobate. He does not bear the fruit of a reprobate.
As far as any semblance to any sort of Biblical truth he is reprobate.

He wouldn't change a thing even if Jesus preached and David played his harp.

I'll take a praying, fasting sincere UPCer over anything John MacArthur learned in a seminary.

Other than that, how are you my brother, I hope all is well with you and your family in Jesus name.