Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-30-2021, 01:11 PM
Not riding the train

Re: Was Sidney Powell wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
This year a lot of Republicans are acting as looney as the liberals we always make fun of. Grasping onto internet rumors and conspiracy theories about massive election fraud (there is incidental election fraud in every election).

The truth is mail in voting did hurt Republicans because it allowed lib dems to make sure every urban neighborhood, housing project, etc both received a ballot and filled it out "correctly" (meaning for Dem candidates). This means people are voting and participating in the process who have no intererest or knowledge in candidates, parties, government, etc. This is one of the resaons in person voting is so important. A person has to make and efffort to vote. Forget the crazy conspiracy theories that have no basis in evidence and have been thrown out of every court. This is the real issue. To make matters worse rather than realziing this and putting forth a stout Republican effort to get people to early vote Trump and his minions trashed mail in and early voting suppressing Republican participation in it. Much like Trump cost us control fo the Senate by trashing the GA election process and saying it was "fake', a "scam" etc.

To add insult to injury Trump surrounded himself toward the end of his term with people who would not speak truth to him but encouraged his wil fantasies of remaining in power. A lot of you ate up every thing he said, approved of it, and took it as truth. I have been a Republican for more decades than many of you have been alive and this year was the first year I have been embarrassed to be one during an election and it's aftermath.
I am embarrassed by Republicans who didn’t read the litigation and evidence.
I am embarrassed by Republicans who didn’t see the courts and those in office, voted in to protect us, dragging their feet so as to run out the clock in order not to hear or see said litigation
I am embarrassed that people in the State Legislatures are just now realizing their jobs were much more important than having name recognition.
I am embarrassed by the Republicans who threw all of the people signing affidavits and testifying, risking life and limb, to stand up for America under the bus.
I am embarrassed that now that it is all over we are paying the price by having the full power of the Democrats reigning down hell on us by colluding with the media and 3 powerful social media titans.

None of that had anything to do with Donald Trump.
Old 01-30-2021, 01:25 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
This year a lot of Republicans are acting as looney as the liberals we always make fun of. Grasping onto internet rumors and conspiracy theories about massive election fraud (there is incidental election fraud in every election).

The truth is mail in voting did hurt Republicans because it allowed lib dems to make sure every urban neighborhood, housing project, etc both received a ballot and filled it out "correctly" (meaning for Dem candidates). This means people are voting and participating in the process who have no intererest or knowledge in candidates, parties, government, etc. This is one of the resaons in person voting is so important. A person has to make and efffort to vote. Forget the crazy conspiracy theories that have no basis in evidence and have been thrown out of every court. This is the real issue. To make matters worse rather than realziing this and putting forth a stout Republican effort to get people to early vote Trump and his minions trashed mail in and early voting suppressing Republican participation in it. Much like Trump cost us control fo the Senate by trashing the GA election process and saying it was "fake', a "scam" etc.

To add insult to injury Trump surrounded himself toward the end of his term with people who would not speak truth to him but encouraged his wil fantasies of remaining in power. A lot of you ate up every thing he said, approved of it, and took it as truth. I have been a Republican for more decades than many of you have been alive and this year was the first year I have been embarrassed to be one during an election and it's aftermath.
Btw, speaking of Georgia runoffs, the Republicans were very aware of the video interview of Sen, Purdue saying Biden would be easier to work with and they knew Kelly Loeffler didn’t have Trump’s back. The media can claim whatever, but the people on the ground knew they weren’t honest in their support. Loeffler proved it on January 6th. She didn’t deserve to be re-elected.
Old 01-30-2021, 04:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Btw, speaking of Georgia runoffs, the Republicans were very aware of the video interview of Sen, Purdue saying Biden would be easier to work with and they knew Kelly Loeffler didn’t have Trump’s back. The media can claim whatever, but the people on the ground knew they weren’t honest in their support. Loeffler proved it on January 6th. She didn’t deserve to be re-elected.
Exactly. I do not pity either one of them any more than I pity McCain or Romney for losing. In the long run, the GOP and Georgia are better off. The Georgia GOP has been the weal link for a long time. Worthless.
Old 01-30-2021, 04:36 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

But even at that, changing the standard for what constituted a legal mail-in ballot was the deciding factor. Then there were the manufactured ballots, millions of them.