Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 02-26-2007, 03:24 PM
Bro. Y, I'll never forget...

Arrow Testify of God's provision(s) in time of need

Share a testimony of God's provision in time of need....

"You don't need a license to preach, or teach, or win souls." RonB

"In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing. ~ John Andrew Holmes
Old 02-26-2007, 03:35 PM

I remember when I was in Bible college, I was really, really poor.... and would usually go to Walmart with maybe $10-20 and buy snackies/cheap food to suppliment the meals that the school offered.... many times I would get to eat bagles/cinnamon rolls and drink orange juice for dinner at my Fairfield job when I'd have to skip dinner at the campus....

I remember one night after work, in the middle of the week, when I was hungry and didn't have any snackies/food in my room and prayed that God would continue to provide for me through the week as I knew that I was more more broke than usual....

I remember that Marcus H knocked on my door about a minute or two after that prayer and said, I ordered a whole pizza and I'm full. Do you want the other half of it? Of course, I thanked him and took the rest of the pizza....

a day or two later when I was checking my mail, a friend from out of state sent me a card with a check for $20 and wrote, I just wanted to say hello, I've been thinking of you this week.

I sit here at my desk thinking to myself that God has always provided for me, even when I was penniless Bible college student that couldn't afford a Taco Bell meal. I am SOOOOOOOO blessed; God has always been kind to me....

"In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing. ~ John Andrew Holmes
Old 02-26-2007, 03:37 PM
the ultracon

Several years ago now, my only child, my 17yr. old daughter was diagnosed with Hodgkins Disease.

That is a lymphatic cancer. It was adavanced stage 3.

15 months of chemotherpy, a couple times that things really looked scary.

Through every step of the journey our God was with us.

At the Des Moines General Conference, it happened. God let her know that she was healed in His name.

That was 12 or 13 years ago now. She is in good health today and we Thank God for his mercy.

She is actively involved full time in the Lords labor and is a testimony of the goodness of God everyday.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:41 PM
My Family!

Mal,

Your story reminds me of a time God provided a "desire" for my husband and I - it wasn't even a need.

We were pooooooor and assisting in a church and after church one night we both wanted something from Baskin Robbins (right by our apt), but didn't have any money. We went home all sad and feeling sorry for ourselves and someone knocked on our door.

We opened the door there were two ice cream cones and giggles. Our pastor's wife and her daughter said they were getting ice cream and thought we might like one too.

We COULDN'T believe it!

We were teaching a home Bible study with a dear lady and told her our testimony and she was just amazed. The next week at her study, she presented us with an ice cream cone shaped pot holder that I have to this day. She said she wanted us to have something to remind us that God heard our desires!

It was pretty cool.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:44 PM
Registered Member

Just last month my husband's company was going through a very rough time. He gets paid commision only and it was rough! We didn't have the money to pay our bills. We barely had money for groceries--with 4 kids we were doing without a lot of stuff so they could just eat!

We filed our taxes and just prayed for a big enough return to cover the light and gas bill and buy a good amount of groceries.

Not only did our return COVER the nessassary bills--it paid off all of our bills. We paid off our van, hopsital bills, loans--everything!
Old 02-26-2007, 03:59 PM
Administrator

I remember telling this story once on NFCF about God multiplying my laundry detergent-- but I'll tell it since it is one of the more recent things....

We were running really short on money one week.. and didn't have the money to buy laundry detergent. I remember looking into the bottle and seeing there was barely a little blue liquid left in the bottle-- and seeing mostly the orange plastic bottom of the bottle. I said a little prayer-- and put the lid back on the bottle. I washed clothes from that bottle all week long. You have to realize... me doing laundry in this house with 5 people is on average 2-3 loads of clothes a day. So doing laundry for the whole week isn't just a "little" thing to me. I remember every time I took detergent from the Bottle that week, I said "Thank you Lord for providing the need." I didn't run out of detergent before the next payday. In fact, I remember opening the detergent bottle on Friday morning... and seeing nothing except BLUE liquid covering the bottom of the bottle. I couldn't even see the bottom of the bottle that had been almost empty the previous Friday morning.

There have been numerous times that there will be cash or checks to show up in the mail in exactly the amount needed for something we were doing without. There have been times that we had run out of an item that we used in our homes-- and the exact needed item would show up as a "test product" from one of the companies I do consumer research for.

I don't think those things are just coincidence. I give God credit for those things....
Old 02-26-2007, 04:05 PM

To God be the glory for His many provisions!!!!

Old 02-26-2007, 04:06 PM
Formerly known as CareyM

These are all awesome testimonies!!!
Old 02-26-2007, 05:03 PM

http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...0&postcount=97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digging4Truth View Post
My wife and I had been through 8 months of terrible car trouble. We had 3 vehicles and it was everything we could do to just keep one running enough to get me to work and back. For nearly 2 months we couldn't afford to pay any bills. It took all of our money to just keep a car running so I wouldn't lose my job.

One night on the way to church our car caught fire. We left it on the side of the road and walked to church. That night I danced around with my keys in my hand and the pastors wife said "That's right brother... claim a car" or something like that. I stopped the service and made it known (with all respect to the pastors wife) that I wasn't dancing with my keys claiming a car. I was dancing with my keys and telling the devil "Remember that sound"... Remember when My God took away the keys to death, hell and the grave"

He had tried to defeat me but I made it anyway and I was just making sure he knew that he was defeated one more time. SO Many stories I could tell about that 8 month period.

I remember one time my car died and the battery was dead. I was trying to get home to get to church. I remember standing behind Church's chicken in Minden Lousiana saying to God "You can make the lightning fly from the east to the west and all I need is 12 tiny volts" Ahhhh the memories.

One night the pastor called me out and said "Brother... I want to tell you something. You have been through a lot but I see a light at the end of the tunnel and it's not a train." He said... "God is fixing to send someone to you... someone you would least expect and your coming out of this trial"

Needless to see you would have done well to not be standing near me about that moment.

The next morning on the way to work... the transmission went out. LOL I was on my back... under my car... in the driving rain... with 1/4" to 1/2" constant flow of water parting around me like a rock in a river.... with a smile on my face. I had received a word.... I believed the word... and I had hope.

Not long after that a man knocked on my door who basically trusts no one. He has been through a lot has a very big "everybody is out to get me" type mentality and he doesn't do much for people because he is just afraid people will just want what he can do to help them.

he said "Do you know what my preacher preached on this morning?" "He preached on Jesus turning the water into wine. Do you know why Jesus turned the water into wine?

I answered "No sir"

He said... "No one was dying... no one was going to hell... why did he turn the water into wine?"

I still didn't know.

He said "Just to make people happy" He then reached into his pocket and pulled out a set of keys to a used car he had bought and spent several thousand dollars fixing it up real nice for his daughter. She didn't want it. It wasn't nice enough.

He threw the keys across the room to me and said... "Here.... just to make you happy"

Oh friend... there are people who tout their words as prophecies and God is nowhere near it. But through these instances and others like it I have seen the power that a word from God in due season has to shake a life thoroughly with the realization that the Almight God... the creator of this universe... He knows where I am and He cares.

And that realization.... is a life changing event.

(Okay... gotta go now... it's hot in here... my eyes are sweating )

Old 02-26-2007, 05:41 PM
Formerly known as CareyM

I was just a month or so along in the pregancy of our second child, I didn't work and we were sooo poor. We had virtually nothing to eat in the house and would never ask anyone for food or money. One day, my MIL came over with a sack of groceries, she said that she didn't really know why she was bringing it over, but had felt to do so. What a blessing and answer to prayer that sack of groceries were!