Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-30-2021, 09:04 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: The Son Is Gods Self 1 Hr. Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
I guess some on here only believe that Jesus said this because he was quoting a Psalm.

Could it also be that the humanity was separated from the Spirit? The humanity speaking, why are you leaving me? You cannot kill a spirit, and the cross demanded a death, so therefore as the humanity died, the spirit departed.

If the Humanity was indeed God, then it would’ve never died! So, we cannot use the phrase God the son, however we can use the phrase, Son of God.
He would already have been dead and wouldn't have said anything.

The humanity, according to your previous post, isn't the Man, just the human nature.

I thing some people on this thread are too vague in explaining things in order to avoid dealing with uncomfortable questions maybe?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 04-30-2021, 06:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 God View Post
Then why do we teach "God's human nature" AKA, the man Christ Jesus?...

The Dual Nature of Christ - Institute for Biblical Studieshttps://onenesspentecostal.com › dualnature
JasonDulle@yahoo.com ... In the incarnation then, both the divine nature and human nature fused into one new nature. ... When God assumed a human existence, the deity and humanity of Christ became forever inseparable, joined in a ...
I don't believe Jason is using proper terminology. God refers to deity, man refers to humanity. God did not become a man.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 04-30-2021, 06:40 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
I don't believe Jason is using proper terminology. God refers to deity, man refers to humanity. God did not become a man.
That quote is Apollinarian, is it not? I forget which one, the idea the divine and human naturrs joined to create a new, single, unique nature. Might be Eutychianism..

EDIT: Sounds like a form of Monophysitism.

Which is weird since he spent so much time defending a Chalcedonian Christology in years gone past.

As for God becoming man, sure He did. Not that the divine nature changed into human nature, but that the Being Who is God assumed human nature and entered the world as a human. Nothing wrong with that.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Last edited by Esaias; 04-30-2021 at 06:45 PM.
Old 04-30-2021, 06:55 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Meaning the humanity, the natural or the physical was not deity.
I don't know anyone who claims that except Teklemarian's crowd?

Last edited by Esaias; 04-30-2021 at 07:03 PM.
Old 04-30-2021, 07:03 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

I think a major problem with these types of discussions is lack of standard terminology and definitions. Everybody debating what is essentially (see what I did there?) Aristotelian metaphysics. The trinitarians have been having that problem since Nicaea, and too many of us fall into the same trap (but often with even less awareness of the terms being bandied about).

Which is why I think we should stay within the box provided by Scripture, instead of playing in the trinitarian sandbox... It's full of quicksand...

Old 05-01-2021, 06:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
So your personal opinion is God did not become a man, meaning, the word(God) did not become flesh? Are you thinking only God's spoken word was made flesh, like I think?
Old 05-01-2021, 09:01 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I think a major problem with these types of discussions is lack of standard terminology and definitions. Everybody debating what is essentially (see what I did there?) Aristotelian metaphysics. The trinitarians have been having that problem since Nicaea, and too many of us fall into the same trap (but often with even less awareness of the terms being bandied about).

Which is why I think we should stay within the box provided by Scripture, instead of playing in the trinitarian sandbox... It's full of quicksand...
Preach brother
Old 05-01-2021, 11:34 AM
Registered Member

In my opinion, terminology has been the problem all along. Not just on this website but across the board and through the years.
Old 05-01-2021, 01:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 God View Post
So your personal opinion is God did not become a man, meaning, the word(God) did not become flesh? Are you thinking only God's spoken word was made flesh, like I think?
You do not stick to the terms God used. John particularly used the phrase that the WORD became flesh and did not say GOD became flesh. The WORD WAS GOD, but still, John did not write "God became flesh."

In fact..... and I told you this before... after we read the WORD became flesh, we read AND DWELT among us.

DWELT means TABERNACLED which explains how the word became flesh. That's John 1. And John 2 has JESUS using that very point and referring to his flesh body as the TEMPLE.

So, the WAY in which the word became flesh was by TABERNACLING in flesh. Was God turned into a temple when he dwelt in a temple?

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."

Last edited by mfblume; 05-01-2021 at 03:17 PM.
Old 05-01-2021, 06:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
You do not stick to the terms God used. John particularly used the phrase that the WORD became flesh and did not say GOD became flesh. The WORD WAS GOD, but still, John did not write "God became flesh."

In fact..... and I told you this before... after we read the WORD became flesh, we read AND DWELT among us.

DWELT means TABERNACLED which explains how the word became flesh. That's John 1. And John 2 has JESUS using that very point and referring to his flesh body as the TEMPLE.

So, the WAY in which the word became flesh was by TABERNACLING in flesh. Was God turned into a temple when he dwelt in a temple?
Well said.