Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-22-2021, 07:18 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Re: Jim & Tammy Faye Bakker/The PTL Club Controver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Why do I have to give you scripture that says no beard? Why does a women want a scripture that specifically says no split up to your rear end? Why does a Pastor need a scripture that tell him not to have a beer every once in a while?

There is an independent church Apostolic none the less. That was fully supporting the legalization of Marijuana, the Pastor included. One of the nurses in the church was an advocate for using it (Medically). Give them specific bible scripture that they shouldn't be supporting that. You cant, why? Because they want to say. Thou Shalt not smoke Marijuana recreational or Medical.

So, I cannot give you scripture that says no beard, mustache, or Mohawk.

Ill bet their fellowship dinners after service are amazing.
Old 06-22-2021, 09:17 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Why do I have to give you scripture that says no beard? Why does a women want a scripture that specifically says no split up to your rear end? Why does a Pastor need a scripture that tell him not to have a beer every once in a while?

There is an independent church Apostolic none the less. That was fully supporting the legalization of Marijuana, the Pastor included. One of the nurses in the church was an advocate for using it (Medically). Give them specific bible scripture that they shouldn't be supporting that. You cant, why? Because they want to say. Thou Shalt not smoke Marijuana recreational or Medical.

So, I cannot give you scripture that says no beard, mustache, or Mohawk.
In other words, your religion isn't Bible religion, it's Nicodemus1968 religion.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 06-22-2021, 09:32 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
No, no, no. You misunderstand me completely. You didn't say they were wrong, you explicitly called every one of them lying fraudsters. I want evidence that they're lying fraudsters.

I'll wait.
Where did I say that every one of them was lying fraudsters? I don’t remember saying that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
The difference being intent.
Hmmm. Maybe.
Old 06-22-2021, 09:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
In other words, your religion isn't Bible religion, it's Nicodemus1968 religion.
Not at all.

In these words, my religion isn’t the letter only.

Psalm 32:8 KJVS
[8] I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

Go and learn.
Old 06-22-2021, 09:43 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
It isn’t Bible religion. It seems to be Murray Burr religion, or somebody else depending on the standard.

Seriously. I have noticed that if some Brother So and so says something, it is believed stronger than if you give chapter and verse. Brother Nicodemus has a severe case of preacher religion. It appears to be chronic.

For instance, if I quoted chapter and verse for piercing the ear, and it was straight from God? He’d find a way to discredit the Bible.

Exodus 21

[5] And if the servant shall plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free:
[6] Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever.

Now . . .

Watch what happens.

Edit: Oh, I’m sorry. It has already happened. See above.

Last edited by Tithesmeister; 06-22-2021 at 09:45 PM.
Old 06-22-2021, 09:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
Ill bet their fellowship dinners after service are amazing.
True story:

A family was at a house witnessing to another family. Well the husband they were witnessing to, had severe back pain. The young boy to the church family wondered in the kitchen and decided to grab a chocolate bar from the kitchen table. Not realizing it was filled with marijuana, well needless to say that herb kicked in after just a few moments. The family called the nurse in the church and asked what should they do, she said, “nothing, it’ll probably do him good!”

I’m at that place where nothing surprises me anymore.
Old 06-22-2021, 09:48 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
It isn’t Bible religion. It seems to be Murray Burr religion, or somebody else depending on the standard.

Seriously. I have noticed that if some Brother So and so says something, it is believed stronger than if you give chapter and verse. Brother Nicodemus has a severe case of preacher religion. It appears to be chronic.

For instance, if I quoted chapter and verse for piercing the ear, and it was straight from God? He’d find a way to discredit the Bible.

Exodus 21

[5] And if the servant shall plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free:
[6] Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever.

Now . . .

Watch what happens.

Edit: Oh, I’m sorry. It has already happened. See above.
Lol
Old 06-22-2021, 09:50 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
True story:

A family was at a house witnessing to another family. Well the husband they were witnessing to, had severe back pain. The young boy to the church family wondered in the kitchen and decided to grab a chocolate bar from the kitchen table. Not realizing it was filled with marijuana, well needless to say that herb kicked in after just a few moments. The family called the nurse in the church and asked what should they do, she said, “nothing, it’ll probably do him good!”

I’m at that place where nothing surprises me anymore.

Yep that devils lettuce that God created. 🤣
Old 06-22-2021, 09:53 PM
Registered Member

2 Corinthians 3:6 KJVS
[6] Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Men will focus on just the written word and not the spirit. Thats why, you’ll have a saint condemn a preacher to hell for collecting tithe, yet will be happy for his Pastor that believes its ok to have a corona beer every now and again.

They look for what the letter says to the “T”, yet they cannot hear nor see what the spirit says.

Maybe Murray Burr said that.......
Old 06-22-2021, 10:30 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
2 Corinthians 3:6 KJVS
[6] Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Men will focus on just the written word and not the spirit. Thats why, you’ll have a saint condemn a preacher to hell for collecting tithe, yet will be happy for his Pastor that believes its ok to have a corona beer every now and again.

They look for what the letter says to the “T”, yet they cannot hear nor see what the spirit says.

Maybe Murray Burr said that.......

Something something wedding at Cana...something something feasts where wine was mandatory...something something redeem your tithe for money and buy whatever your heart desires even strong drink...