Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 07-25-2016, 04:55 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: DNC National Convention

I just watched a clip from the DNC, Bernie sputtering about how Trump must be stopped because his campaign is all about promoting bigotry and racism blah blah blah, Trump is dangerous and must be stopped, and everyone needs to support Hillary (at which point he was booed rather loudly by the people).

He also talked about how "our revolution" needs to spread (???).

The DNC might as well fly the hammer and sickle. Looking at attendees (delegates) dressed in Peter Pan outfits, etc etc, I honestly cannot understand how ANYBODY with more than half a functioning brain cell could possibly support the Democratic party.

I mean, seriously, anyone who supports the Dem party... words fail me. (Well, not really, but I'll be nice.)

Dems are just dumb.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 07-25-2016, 06:01 PM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I just watched a clip from the DNC, Bernie sputtering about how Trump must be stopped because his campaign is all about promoting bigotry and racism blah blah blah, Trump is dangerous and must be stopped, and everyone needs to support Hillary (at which point he was booed rather loudly by the people).

He also talked about how "our revolution" needs to spread (???).

The DNC might as well fly the hammer and sickle. Looking at attendees (delegates) dressed in Peter Pan outfits, etc etc, I honestly cannot understand how ANYBODY with more than half a functioning brain cell could possibly support the Democratic party.

I mean, seriously, anyone who supports the Dem party... words fail me. (Well, not really, but I'll be nice.)

Dems are just dumb.
They attract every dreg of society. It's perplexing that people feel like the Dems have a vision of America that reflects the vision of the Founders.

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:56 PM
Yeshua is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
It's a set-up by the Russians to shake-up Hillary's campaign. For some reason, Putin is a big supporter of Trump gaining the White House. Most likely it is because Trump has already voiced hostility towards the current arrangement of the NATO Alliance. Something Russians have had hostility towards for decades because it is the primary barrier to Russian hegemony in the region.

http://www.defenseone.com/technology...sident/130163/
NATO is outdated it needs to be replaced.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingZword View Post
NATO is outdated it needs to be replaced.
NATO has held the USSR, Russia and Putin in check. Without it, eastern Europe would be under Putin's control.

Of course, if (God forbid), Trump wins the election, he'll give Putin back the Baltic states and Eastern Bloc.
Old 07-26-2016, 02:59 AM

Michele Obama speaking tonight saying America is the greatest country on earth...ha! Just a few years ago she was talking about being proud of America for the first time in her adult life. So I guess it's only great when THEY are large and in charge.

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 07-26-2016, 03:02 AM

She also talked about waking up every morning in a house built by slaves. Is it possible to get over the slavery thing? You know, since it ended 150 years ago????

Old 07-26-2016, 05:02 AM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
She also talked about waking up every morning in a house built by slaves. Is it possible to get over the slavery thing? You know, since it ended 150 years ago????
They have to wring every last drop of political capitol from it, that they possibly can.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:09 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
NATO has held the USSR, Russia and Putin in check. Without it, eastern Europe would be under Putin's control.

Of course, if (God forbid), Trump wins the election, he'll give Putin back the Baltic states and Eastern Bloc.

They were not our problem in 1917, 1941 or now. If Europe cannot handle their own security, why should we care? Europeans are authoritarian by nature. They will be ruled by Muslims or Russians. The resurrected Russian Empire is not the USSR. It is not the USA, either. It is something in between. But it will be the dominant power in Europe and is not going to sit by and let Europe commit suicide through Muslim immigration. None of this is worth shedding one drop of American blood over.

Last edited by Originalist; 07-26-2016 at 07:15 AM.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
They were not our problem in 1917, 1941 or now. If Europe cannot handle their own security, why should we care?
We have treaties to honor. It is an alliance. An alliance that has held the likes of Russia at bay for a generation. Could NATO stand to have some improvements? Yes. No doubt. But to just back out of an alliance with the peaceful democracies of Europe while Russia is sniffing around their door at night like a hungry bear would be absolutely foolish.

Quote:
Europeans are authoritarian by nature. They will be ruled by Muslims or Russians.
Europe has it's social challenges with the Muslim refugees. It will take time and they will work it out. I assure you, Europe will not be ruled by Russia.

Quote:
The resurrected Russian Empire is not the USSR. It is not the USA, either. It is something in between. But it will be the dominant power in Europe and is not going to sit by and let Europe commit suicide through Muslim immigration. None of this is worth shedding one drop of American blood over.
Russia will only become the dominant power in Europe if we allow it by weakening our alliance. We must have solid economic, military, and political alliances throughout Europe. Together we can keep Russia in check. If we don't.... there will be war for certain. Today's Putin is tomorrow's Hitler. Let's keep that SOB in check.

All of this is common sense. Let's not dumb ourselves down to justify Trump's stupidity.

Last edited by Aquila; 07-26-2016 at 08:18 AM.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:47 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
We have treaties to honor. It is an alliance. An alliance that has held the likes of Russia at bay for a generation. Could NATO stand to have some improvements? Yes. No doubt. But to just back out of an alliance with the peaceful democracies of Europe while Russia is sniffing around their door at night like a hungry bear would be absolutely foolish.

Europe has it's social challenges with the Muslim refugees. It will take time and they will work it out. I assure you, Europe will not be ruled by Russia.

Russia will only become the dominant power in Europe if we allow it by weakening our alliance. We must have solid economic, military, and political alliances throughout Europe. Together we can keep Russia in check. If we don't.... there will be war for certain. Today's Putin is tomorrow's Hitler. Let's keep that SOB in check.

All of this is common sense. Let's not dumb ourselves down to justify Trump's stupidity.

Our alliances in Europe helped to create both Hitler and Stalin. And we were not keeping "Russia" in check, we were keeping the USSR in check. Do you know who was keeping "Russia" in check? The USSR was, that's who. The USSR was designed to especially keep Russian nationalism in check. The Bolshevik Revolution was a war against ethnic Russians. Imperial Germany had liberated many of the provinces of the Russian Empire during WW1 only to have the USA intervene and make sure the fledgling USSR gain control over them after they drove out the Czar. Then we dissected Germany, unjustly and gave rise to Hitler. During WW2 we made sure the communists gained control of half of Europe. A strong nationalist Russia is now a good check on a communist EU that America is allied with.

Our alliances with Europe are not good for our country. I for one will heed the words of our Founders concerning not meddling in European affairs. History has proven them right, but we keep deluding ourselves into believing our involvement is a good thing.